• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead Air Nomad Ti Severe Failure

I also sent my sandman in and got it back with the same result. Wasn’t concentric after “repair” for not being concentric.

I sent an AAC direct thread back multiple times for concentricity and only on the 4th trip they finally admitted it was fucked and said they don’t have the parts to fix it and basically told me tuff shit after bullshitting me 3 times over several years.

• Wow
Reactions: Trent A
Not to derail all the negative press on Dead Air I have a Nomad Ti that has about 4K rounds through it and couldn't be happier. The pic as my avatar was shot with this can and even though most folks in this thread say they are trash I guess I was lucky enough to get a good one!

Not to derail all the negative press on Dead Air I have a Nomad Ti that has about 4K rounds through it and couldn't be happier. The pic as my avatar was shot with this can and even though most folks in this thread say they are trash I guess I was lucky enough to get a good one!
Yeah I have a Nomad L, and a Nomad Ti, and a Nomad LT in jail which is now at like 230 days. The first two nomads have been excellent which is why I got the LT. I have other cans but the Nomad is my favorite to shoot. The tone is good. I'm really getting worried about this LT though with all the failures and the crappy CS getting it fixed. I definitely won't be getting any more. I have a Palonium K also in jail and will probably look at dillegent or another palonium long if I get another but I have a decent stable of them now and will be going direct thread on them all to leave them all on their dedicated rifles after the palonium comes in. The Form 1 can that is Ti and I sent to Ecco is bad ass too. It's a solid big caliber can if I need something bigger than 308

I have a recent 2022 production Sandman K and so far after 500 rounds no issues.

I have held off buying a Sierra 5 because of the issues posted. I am hoping Dead Air comes out with a Keymo 3D printed low back pressure 5.56 K can soon without KGM's baggage. I don't even want it modular. I want the Keymo permanently attached for high volume use, just like my Surefires.

I have a recent 2022 production Sandman K and so far after 500 rounds no issues.

I have held off buying a Sierra 5 because of the issues posted. I am hoping Dead Air comes out with a Keymo 3D printed low back pressure 5.56 K can soon without KGM's baggage. I don't even want it modular. I want the Keymo permanently attached for high volume use, just like my Surefires.
Just buy an Ecco Machine suppressor. They're doing recores on Sierra 5's now due to backed up DA RMA's. What's that tell you?

The worst part is that the OP bought this piece of shit over a TBAC.

Bet you’re wishing you had gone with the higher quality product from the company who’s owner was active in answering your questions in the original thread, huh?

You are not wrong. I really almost went with a TBAC and then found the Nomad Ti and everything about it seemed great. Then I was going to go with a TBAC on the second one and the NOMAD-LT came out and information I was seeing on performance seemed like ti was the best option for what I wanted. Live and learn.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Just to update this thread again, about another 5 weeks passed after I was told it was in repair status and didn't hear anything else so I checked back in this week. The response I got back was just that it was still in repair status. It has now been around 4 months.

• Wow
I know KGM is the OEM manufacturer for DA, but I’m curious as to why KGM’s own cans don’t have these problems? Is KGM making the parts and someone else is putting them together, or are they making the whole thing and just slapping DA’s info and SN on them? You would think the KGM R-series would have the same problems that DA is having..

I know KGM is the OEM manufacturer for DA, but I’m curious as to why KGM’s own cans don’t have these problems? Is KGM making the parts and someone else is putting them together, or are they making the whole thing and just slapping DA’s info and SN on them? You would think the KGM R-series would have the same problems that DA is having..

I think the problem is that DA has a significant amount of people making their parts to keep up with demands. Tolerances and qc from some places and better than other. So kgm welding "bad" parts together is likely a contributing factor.

Just to update this thread again, about another 5 weeks passed after I was told it was in repair status and didn't hear anything else so I checked back in this week. The response I got back was just that it was still in repair status. It has now been around 4 months.
Best of luck, pretty sure I've seen guys past 6 months at this point.

That's some bull shit. I don't care who's making it, Dead Air is who sold it to you and they should get their shit together and get your can fixed. This is going to really hurt them if they allow this crap to continue with the sorry excuses. I have 2 DA Nomad and 1 more in jail. It's convenient to have the different versions of the Nomad for me and the other items that go with them, like end caps and mounts. I sure won't be getting any more after seeing so much of this crap. Failures are one thing. Every outfit has a time when they put out a product with an issue. How it's handled is a whole other matter and Dead Air needs to get on the ball with that crap!

Yeah I’ll be honest, I have a nomad ti that I’ve liked so far but seeing this thread has tainted my view of DA.

Looking to purchase another hunting can in the next couple weeks and not sure it’ll be another DA after seeing some of a customer service issues.

Yeah I’ll be honest, I have a nomad ti that I’ve liked so far but seeing this thread has tainted my view of DA.

Looking to purchase another hunting can in the next couple weeks and not sure it’ll be another DA after seeing some of a customer service issues.
Not sure? Just dont, so many other manufacturers available that fit the bill.

That's some bull shit. I don't care who's making it, Dead Air is who sold it to you and they should get their shit together and get your can fixed. This is going to really hurt them if they allow this crap to continue with the sorry excuses. I have 2 DA Nomad and 1 more in jail. It's convenient to have the different versions of the Nomad for me and the other items that go with them, like end caps and mounts. I sure won't be getting any more after seeing so much of this crap. Failures are one thing. Every outfit has a time when they put out a product with an issue. How it's handled is a whole other matter and Dead Air needs to get on the ball with that crap!
I've had to use numerous different can mfr's services and even my least favorite mfr turned my can around in a couple of days. Some have been 24 hours. They should all be applauded for their superior CS. It's obvious they want my/your business.

Any mfr that has had my can/firearm for four months and it still isn't fixed is not going to get one more cent of my business.

It's sad to see. The answer/solution is obvious to see. Looks like DA is well down the road to putting themselves out of business. They'll have no one to blame but themselves.

FWIW my Sandman-L went in for repairs back in April, and it came back at the start of November. Between the KGM problems and everyone sending their Sierra 5s back to DA for inspection whether they needed it or not...they're probably slammed. It sucks, but it is what it is.

I've had to use numerous different can mfr's services and even my least favorite mfr turned my can around in a couple of days. Some have been 24 hours. They should all be applauded for their superior CS. It's obvious they want my/your business.

Any mfr that has had my can/firearm for four months and it still isn't fixed is not going to get one more cent of my business.

It's sad to see. The answer/solution is obvious to see. Looks like DA is well down the road to putting themselves out of business. They'll have no one to blame but themselves.
No doubt. Hells bells man , ECCO took 2 of my cans and completely reworked them and had em back to me in 2 weeks!!! Between here and Reddit, this is going to crush Dead Air. There's no excise for this. It's just not that hard. They could even contract Ecco to get their repairs caught up for them. This is a matter of WANT TO. It's sad to see from a company who really did well and WAS.... in position to dominate the market. Whoever is at the top there, should be making executive decisions to stop the bleeding here and get these things resolved instead of just allowing their previous contactor to screw their customers.

No doubt. Hells bells man , ECCO took 2 of my cans and completely reworked them and had em back to me in 2 weeks!!! Between here and Reddit, this is going to crush Dead Air. There's no excise for this. It's just not that hard. They could even contract Ecco to get their repairs caught up for them. This is a matter of WANT TO. It's sad to see from a company who really did well and WAS.... in position to dominate the market. Whoever is at the top there, should be making executive decisions to stop the bleeding here and get these things resolved instead of just allowing their previous contactor to screw their customers.
Yepper. (y)

I think the problem is that DA has a significant amount of people making their parts to keep up with demands. Tolerances and qc from some places and better than other. So kgm welding "bad" parts together is likely a contributing factor.
The whole point of tolerancing and quality control is to ensure parts will go together and perform as expected each time. It'd be a bit insane to not have incoming inspection for any parts being outsourced. But crazier things have happened before.

Also this is all just pointless speculation so who knows.

Reactions: E. Bryant
The whole point of tolerancing and quality control is to ensure parts will go together and perform as expected each time. It'd be a bit insane to not have incoming inspection for any parts being outsourced. But crazier things have happened before.

Also this is all just pointless speculation so who knows.

It is all speculation.

Regardless, DA has a lot of culpability for their own issues. Trying to just pin them on one company (KGM), as some here do, is just asinine.

Finally received the repaired suppressor back today ~5 months from sending it in. I never received any word from customer service that it had been repaired. I just got an email that my order had been shipped from dead air. Emailed customer service to see if this was my repaired suppressor being returned and got no response. I haven't taken the time to thoroughly inspect what I got back yet, but my ruined mirage cover was sent back without being replaced. I have emailed them again on this and hope to get some resolution.

Hi @uppercut11,

First off, sorry this happened to you! Since you PM'd me also, I'll directly address some things there, but for the people publicly now invested in this, the suppressor and cover will be replaced. Based on the pictures, that weld bead was offset from the seam and it had very minimal penetration, which explains the separation.
The cover was not replaced.

Reactions: Cfshooter
Finally received the repaired suppressor back today ~5 months from sending it in. I never received any word from customer service that it had been repaired. I just got an email that my order had been shipped from dead air. Emailed customer service to see if this was my repaired suppressor being returned and got no response. I haven't taken the time to thoroughly inspect what I got back yet, but my ruined mirage cover was sent back without being replaced. I have emailed them again on this and hope to get some resolution.
KGM at its finest. My RA for my Mask HD told them to clean the baffles with a media blaster (or replace) due to stuck lead, they sent back a crusty nasty can with zero cleaning and no prep work before respraying the tube with cerakote. They didn’t even bother to blast off the old finish before respraying it, they just tried to take a small sanding disc to the logo and S/N to clean it up some before respraying, which did not remove the cerakote from inside the recesses of the letters, and doubled up in thickness when they resprayed, making the letters and logo nearly unreadable and look like bubble letters. You can visibly see an outline where the finish was sanded off. Can’t blame that on Dead Air, except for not being more hands-on to ensure the work got done properly and to improve communications. For that portion of it, I can fault them…As for the piss-poor work and lack of communication and updates, that’s all on the manufacturer (KGM).

People can get mad at me all they want, but that’s just lazy shitty work, no matter who does it. And if someone else does that in the future, I’ll call them out on that, too…Regardless of who it is.

Last edited:
I don't know if they are done, they are done here on Snipers Hide at least. To many fan boys else where on the internet. Until it catches up with them everywhere, they will make plenty of sales.
Only way I think they will ever right the ship is prove that they themselves are now manufacturing them, with excellent comms and even better QC and RMA.

I don't know if they are done, they are done here on Snipers Hide at least. To many fan boys else where on the internet. Until it catches up with them everywhere, they will make plenty of sales.
Only way I think they will ever right the ship is prove that they themselves are now manufacturing them, with excellent comms and even better QC and RMA.
I hope they don’t go under. Mostly because I have a can from them and I want to still have a warranty on it. But I won’t buy anymore from them.

I hope they don’t go under. Mostly because I have a can from them and I want to still have a warranty on it. But I won’t buy anymore from them.
I don't want them to go under either. I have three of their cans. What I want, is for them to pull their fucking head out of their damn ass, to put it lightly.

I’ve got one of their cans, but Ecco can handle it if I have a problem.
That's a good point. Ecco is top notch and I'd honestly just assume send anything to them vs dead air and actually get my can back in a few weeks. It will cost me some but I'd rather pay them then send it to DA at this point. Hopefully I won't ever need to but thata definitely the way to go if the need every arises .

Reactions: K80/6.5
I recently got a Nomad Ti so my fingers are crossed. Is Ecco a company or a member here?

I recently got a Nomad Ti so my fingers are crossed. Is Ecco a company or a member here?
Ecco machine is a company that makes suppressors and also will modify suppressors. They ha e taken 2 kind of mediocre old ones and made them into 2 new great ones for me and many others here. The do repair as well.

Reactions: tlear
@Mageever bounced. He wasn't here to deal with the uncomfortable stuff.

Wow. You guys are FULL of drama. Calling me a liar also shows off some character too. Whatever.

Anyway, his cover is going to be replaced--it just didn't ship with the can, that what, arrived 36 hours ago?

Like, seriously, you guys are talking mad shit over this? Welcome to the internet, y'all.

Oh, and in before "Mageever was mean to me...", and "look how he treated us....". :rolleyes:

Wow. You guys are FULL of drama. Calling me a liar also shows off some character too. Whatever.

Anyway, his cover is going to be replaced--it just didn't ship with the can, that what, arrived 36 hours ago?

Like, seriously, you guys are talking mad shit over this? Welcome to the internet, y'all.

Oh, and in before "Mageever was mean to me...", and "look how he treated us....". :rolleyes:

That sounds more like whining than being mean. I noticed you're not getting into the uncomfortable stuff.

Here are some questions every Dead Air customer would like to know the answers to:

Why did the S5's fail? Why do they have redesigned baffles? Are all S5's effected? Why shouldn't all S5 get replacement baffles? Why did S5's continue to ship while the baffles were getting redesigned? Why are all of Dead Air's warranty repairs taking multiple months? Why does Dead Air have such terrible communication? Is Dead Air switching subcontractors?

I will post again when I receive the mirage cover to hopefully end this all on a more positive note. @Mageever has provided me pretty good information in our messages that has been lacking from the customer service at dead air, so I trust him when he says I will get the mirage cover. It is frustrating to not be able to get information from customer service but I am grateful to have this outlet to get it.

I did get a chance to look at the can more closely today. I will say that all of the inside looks brand new and the welds look a lot more robust than they did originally so I think the can was completely redone. Time will tell if it holds up. No real way to tell if the welds are good until putting lots of rounds through it, but they do look better. They barely looked like welds before.

That sounds more like whining than being mean. I noticed you're not getting into the uncomfortable stuff.

Here are some questions every Dead Air customer would like to know the answers to:

Why did the S5's fail? Why do they have redesigned baffles? Are all S5's effected? Why shouldn't all S5 get replacement baffles? Why did S5's continue to ship while the baffles were getting redesigned? Why are all of Dead Air's warranty repairs taking multiple months? Why does Dead Air have such terrible communication? Is Dead Air switching subcontractors?
You’ll get those answers “soon” just like the warranty repair that some guys had for a 250 day wait time.

If they’d just come out and say we redesigned it that’s why it took so long. I guess Green0 was correct when he said they were a good first attempt? Now we have version 2.0, allegedly, because DA is still silent.

Did the cover have a serial on it that meant it couldn't have been replaced months ago?

You’ll get those answers “soon” just like the warranty repair that some guys had for a 250 day wait time.

If they’d just come out and say we redesigned it that’s why it took so long. I guess Green0 was correct when he said they were a good first attempt? Now we have version 2.0, allegedly, because DA is still silent.

I have low expectations.

The DA rep here is a joke. Gurantee it'll be over 200 days before you get your can back and will have minimal to zero updates the whole time. Bummer dude.

I got some communication from customer service that they have ordered the replacement Armageddon mirage cover to be shipped directly to me. Will post again when I get it.

I received the replacement Armageddon cover today. I still haven't had the chance to shoot it with the refurbished suppressor yet so I need to reserve some judgment for when I do that. Otherwise I guess my final thoughts are that in the end I am happy with how dead air resolved the issue. The suppressor looks brand new and they replaced the mirage cover, which was great. I am not happy with the time it all took and the general lack of communication. I really appreciate @Mageever and the time he took to answer my questions that I wasn't getting answered through customer service.

Reactions: FuhQ
reading all This, a-question arose. Suppose a suppressor was damaged, worn, etc and the manufacturer deemed it needed to be replaced. Im assuming you'd need another 200$ stamp to replace it. Would ATF also sit on forms as though it was just a new purchase, or would the replacement be treated as a replacement for original. IOW, process faster?