• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dead Air nomad

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
Okay, I need some clarification. On the Nomad 30 L what is the maximum caliber rating? When I called DA they say 300 Norma, DA brochure and silencershop both says 300 WM but the DA website says 30 Ultra mag.

For my sanity and legal warranty purpose, I need to see where/ what is correct, so I as the consumer am covered and not to over pressure.

Hoping this is the next Muffler, I just want to make sure that I am covered for my 300NM
Thank for the help.

Reactions: WyCoShooter
If Dead Air said 300 Norma, I would say 300 Norma. When I discussed this with them the 300wm limitation is with the keymo system. That's why the sandman series is limited to 300wm.

Reactions: Gtscotty
If Dead Air said 300 Norma, I would say 300 Norma. When I discussed this with them the 300wm limitation is with the keymo system. That's why the sandman series is limited to 300wm.

+1
This has been a source of confusion in discussions like this in the past. The Nomads are rated for .300 Norma/.300 RUM in direct thread format (as stated on the website), but the Key-Mo system itself is only rated for .300 WM, therefore a Nomad using a Key-Mo mount is only rated for .300 WM.

I’ve talked to dead air directly multiple times on this. From their customer service and in person at Shot Show the nomad will handle 300 Norma but is limited by the mount you use. If your using the key-mo or omega mount it is limited to 300 WM.

Direct thread is 300 Norma. I personally use the Area419 hell fire break system and omega adapter. I called area419 and confirmed the adapter is good for 300 norma and was told that if the can is rated for 300 Norma the mount is rated for 300 Norma.

I have never asked about the 300 RUM, but I’m sure a quick call to dead air would answer that.

Reactions: bunsen27
Okay, I need some clarification. On the Nomad 30 L what is the maximum caliber rating? When I called DA they say 300 Norma, DA brochure and silencershop both says 300 WM but the DA website says 30 Ultra mag.

For my sanity and legal warranty purpose, I need to see where/ what is correct, so I as the consumer am covered and not to over pressure.

Hoping this is the next Muffler, I just want to make sure that I am covered for my 300NM
Thank for the help.

Thanks for bringing this up and thanks for the tag.

The KeyMount system is good to go for 300NM and 300RUM. We've been running it on 338LM and it's doing great. The original messaging on 300WM was due to our belief in not rating a product for something that we haven't physically tested and having some miles behind. We did a ton of development with 300WM, hence the rating at the time. I met with the team some time ago and we're good to go with the higher rating, but it just didn't get communicated to some of the newer guys in customer service.

By way of reminder, please be sure to always check your alignment when installing new mounts and have fun!

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

I know there are a couple of guys out there running these on 300NM without issue....