• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes deal or no deal on this scope? millett

kdub03

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
estill springs tn
i found this scope which i thought was priced well after looking around for a while at millett scopes but was wondering if i should go with it or one of the vortex crossfire scopes on closeout???? possibly a mueller or straight 16 swfa or other options. gun will be savage 17hmr or maybe a ar15.... also price would be anythin up to 300. just thought if this would b good for the money?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=MIBK30736&src=tpSlrHm

Re: deal or no deal on this scope? millett

I have the mildot version. Its clear, and bright, repeatable adjustments, no major issues so far. Eye relief is a bit short but works fine on a .308, the parallex makes binding noises but works, "clicks" are accurate but inconsistent audibly and tactily so you have to pay attention, its large and heavy. I paid more than twice that price and don't regret it, I also don't expect it to last forever.

I bought a Vortex Crossfire on sale from SWFA. It is bright and clear, also gathers light well for its price point. That said the reticule is kind of thick compared to the Millet. Also the Millet is just a shade darker IMO. You can not go wrong with Vortex CS I had to send back a PST and they sent me a new one within a week.
Well that's my $.02

i have the mildot version also, it works... its clear, are there better, yes... but not for the price...

so would the

millett?
swfa?
mueller?
crossfire?

b the best option? like i sat i have a budget of 250-350 but if i can get out cheaper i will buy 2! lol