• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dealer employee accepted "poor" fingerprints on SS Kiosk

clsx

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2021
Brevard County, FL
Just got back from my dealer for my SOCOM556-RC2. The guy helping me at the kiosk was a crackhead, rushing through the process - twenty minutes of his time but ~3-6 months of mine. A few (2-3) of the single-finger fingerprints indicated "Poor" capture quality on the kiosk but he hit accept anyways.

Any of you gurus know if SS's review process examines the fingerprint quality?

EDIT - See post 4, below. TL;DR - Criteria is "is it a fingerprint," not "is it a good fingerprint"

Last edited:
Just got back from my dealer for my SOCOM556-RC2. The guy helping me at the kiosk was a crackhead, rushing through the process - twenty minutes of his time but ~3-6 months of mine. A few (2-3) of the single-finger fingerprints indicated "Poor" capture quality on the kiosk but he hit accept anyways.

Any of you gurus know if SS's review process examines the fingerprint quality?
I think I remember one of my fingers was shown as "poor" during the individual print portion, and we just couldn't get it to act right on the kiosk no matter what, so after several attempts, he said it should be fine, the rest of them were all ok or good. So after 1.5 years, 4 cans, 4 stamps, and 1 more to go... No issues here.

You should be fine. I'd call SS and ask them to examine them and tell you whether it will be ok, or not, before submitting. They should be able to help.

Ive been told by a prety large dealer when scanning mine in that the atf/fbi background only look at the prints as a last resort. Like when two people have the same name and they cant tell who its supposed to be or something like that. I wouldnt worry about it.

My fingerprints are pretty unique but also all fucked up due to scoops getting taken out of em and nails going through etc leaving parts with no print and dont scan well, hasnt been a problem (though they can probably recognize the scar patterns more easily that the prints themselves lol)

I just talked with SS CS team. Here's what they said, for posterity:
Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 4.25.56 PM.png

Reactions: FuhQ
Ive been told by a prety large dealer when scanning mine in that the atf/fbi background only look at the prints as a last resort. Like when two people have the same name and they cant tell who its supposed to be or something like that. I wouldnt worry about it.

My fingerprints are pretty unique but also all fucked up due to scoops getting taken out of em and nails going through etc leaving parts with no print and dont scan well, hasnt been a problem (though they can probably recognize the scar patterns more easily that the prints themselves lol)
Same with mine... Scars, cuts, burnt-smooth portions, etc... Mine are pretty unique, as well. LOL

Reactions: spife7980
Yeah, Guy that did mine said, " Geeze the only prints Ive done worse than yours are 70 year old ranchers". Most of mine were in the "50" range. Then the old lady did hers and they were in the high 80's or 90's.

A few of mine we couldn’t get off poor even with multiple focused tries. Wouldn’t worry about it.

Glad I read this thread, after 40 years as a cabinet maker, my prints are almost non-existent. I had a had time getting them to register for my cpl and I'm submitting my form 4 tomorrow.