• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Decent binoculars for PRS?

I got the Vortex razor uhd 12x50's today. I can see little leaves clearly in the furthest trees.
20230806_105157.jpg
20230806_105146.jpg
20230806_105122.jpg
They are a lot nicer than my bnise 10x42 from Amazon. The eye box is huge and the edge to edge clarity is perfect. It's pretty hot and hazy right now and I'm terrible at holding the phone still while taking a picture. I can't wait till the next match. I'm not really thrilled with this tripod though because it's a little short for me but it was a great price so I guess I can't complain

honestly the best bino for the money that I have looked through is the delta optical 9x45LRF. Damn near swaro glass. Really a sight to be seen. At 9x I can spot trace decent with them at moderate ranges. Glass is really really good. But 9 x isn’t really enough mag and a reticle would be nice. Binos have always been easier to see with them a spotter. Wonder what’s the best option under 2000 or 1500? The old pig steiner 15x look like they would be nice or just razor 15 uhd. Everything Meopta I’ve looked through have been nice as well.

honestly the best bino for the money that I have looked through is the delta optical 9x45LRF. Damn near swaro glass. Really a sight to be seen. At 9x I can spot trace decent with them at moderate ranges. Glass is really really good. But 9 x isn’t really enough mag and a reticle would be nice. Binos have always been easier to see with them a spotter. Wonder what’s the best option under 2000 or 1500? The old pig steiner 15x look like they would be nice or just razor 15 uhd. Everything Meopta I’ve looked through have been nice as well.

For under $2k you can get a used Swaro SLC 15's.

For under $1.5k you can get a used Meopta or Ziess Conquest HD's in 15x.

Under $1k you can get an open box special Kowa Genesis 10.5x44 from CameraLandNY. Scott at Liberty may have a similar deal.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
For under $2k you can get a used Swaro SLC 15's.

For under $1.5k you can get a used Meopta or Ziess Conquest HD's in 15x.

Under $1k you can get an open box special Kowa Genesis 10.5x44 from CameraLandNY. Scott at Liberty may have a similar deal.
Yeah that seems to be the way to go. Anyone compared the steiner hx 15x56 to any other of the big euro binos ?

I've had a chance to compare my Meopta 15x56 to two different Swarovski 15x56 since I posted on this thread and after a pretty extensive comparison I'd buy the Meoptas again every single time, regardless of cost.

The Swarovski's was a smidge "brighter" but barely. The Meopta was clearer in definition and clarity, colors seemed better, and unlike the Swarovski was clear edge to edge.

I did a pretty extensive research before I purchased and found a lot of information from a bird watching site where people bird watch all day with high end glass and lots of reviews are exactly as my findings as well.