• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Deciding on a Scope for the 300 winmag???

srt_1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Steubenville, OH
My local gun shop has a Burris Extreme Tactical with Ballistic MilDot for $888.00. From the experts opinions, if I'm going to save up some cash for a good scope, should I go with the Burris, or are there better scopes out there for that same amount of cash?

As always, thanks for any info provided from you fellow hide members.

Re: Deciding on a Scope for the 300 winmag???

For that money you can have a used MK4, or ST-10. Either would get you into a known quantity, with the best warranty service around.

You might also check out Sightron offerings. Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 was recently selling new for under $700. mildot, 120 moa travel, great glass and overall quality.

What kind of shooting are you going to do? For around $1200 I think you can get a Nightforce BR 8-23x56 at the local Sportsman Warehouse. When you get aroung $1000 there are a lot of good scopes avail in Leupold, Zeiss, Nightforce, etc.

Randy

Not to mention...that XTR is a heavy bugger...for that price I would look for a used NF, MK4 or USO. You are right in that price range to get into something nice that is used.

I plan on doing some LR shooting, 1150yrs and in. My insticts told me not to spend the money on the Burris....If I wait a bit longer, I'll have the money for a Nightforce or MK4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to use a Leupold Mk-4 , 6-20x50mm on mine ...</div></div>

me too....

+1 Luepy Mk-4 or NF....Great quality, waranty and awesome resale value ( Sometimes that can be very important if you get in a pinch). The other scopes that are not NF ,Luepy,USO,SB, Swarovski,etc,etc. don't have a great resale value ..SmokeRolls