• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Deciding where to buy...

Skok3y

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2018
NC
How did you decide where to buy your suppressor?

I keep putting it off and regret not buying one years ago. I would have several by now. I am worried about buying something that I can’t receive for 6-12 months, and the dealer could go out of business.

The way I understand it from everything I can find, The dealer could go out of business and leave me hanging with spent money and no silencer. That bothers me. Whether the dealer has been around for years or is a start up, anyone can hit hard times.

What convinced you to buy yours where you did?

Where do you live? Find a local shop that carries suppressor that you like and go in. If they happen to "go out of business" they are responsible for transferring all items to another shop, your suppressor is still yours and will be released to you as soon as the stamp is approved. Stamp times varies but is in general 6 months to 1 year. If your local shops are that volatile then i would seek out the biggest most established place in your state and buy from them.

I am in NC. Our local LGSs are very stable. The ones I would consider buying from seem stable, but you never know. I didn’t know they were responsible for transferring the inventory. That is good to know.

How is it decided where they send them and how the notifications for something like that go out to the customer and for the paperwork process?

My LGS prices were astronomical. I try to support local but couldn’t justify it. I’ve bought 4 from dealers here on the Hide and 1 through Brownells. All were Form 3’d to a local shop/SOT.

As I understand it, if the shop goes belly up it is their responsibility to transfer the suppressors to another dealer.

I’m at 11 months waiting on 5 cans. It sucks, but it’s the only option. Best advice I received was just do it and forget about it. Get one now and you’ll have an early Christmas present.

Check out these guys, I've heard they're gtg and have decent prices as well.

Thanks all. This makes me feel better. The web searches were coming up with horror stories from years ago, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks for the suggestions too. I’ll definitely shop around. Lots of options around the triad.