• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Decisions, decisions, decisions, Help please..

summitsitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2008
Crowville, Louisiana
Okay guys I been wanting a suppressor for a long while since my buddy got a Gemtech couple years ago. Finally got new job and now can afford the luxury of getting a can. Here's my question.

Which can? I'm liking the harvester for the price but also like the QD of the Saker, but don't know if that's logical becuase I won't be swapping it around that much.

I'll be shooting it on 280AI, 260, 6.5x47, 6.5 Grendal AR15, and 243.

These rifles are used for long range so I want one that maintains accuracy and still has alot of Db reduction. No rapid fire with these rifles.

Let me know which cans will meet these requirement best, from yall experience. Thanks

Last edited:
Surefire makes the best.....that being said the price of Surefire will probably not fit too well with your budget. You would need adapters for every rifle. Imo, you should definitely go with a QD mount since you want to swap it around on different hosts.

Decisions, decisions, decisions, Help please..

Surefire is overpriced, and there are many, many better precision cans out there.

You do not want a two point mounting system for precision work. Get a single point threaded can.

If you want to experiment, buy whichever can you want to send back and forth to the manufacturer three times. But if you want to be sure, get a Thunderbeast.

Last edited:
I'm a Surefire fan boi. But based on your needs, I would go Thunder beast.

I don't feel they are overpriced for what you get.

-minimal POI shift
-arguably the best QD system
-less blow back then competitors
-rated for 300 WM, high rates of fire
-great customer service

Silencerco also makes a great product, awesome customer service, but their Saker just came out. There are few reviews out there right now.

I don't own one, but will, and most of the guys I've talked to say thunderbeast. Those guys (apparently) are very good to work with if you ever do have a problem.

i own a number of cans now and have had personal experience with many more, my vote for your specified use is the Thunderbeast 30BA or 30P-1. There are a number of cans I would look at before a Surefire.

I am a large fan of TBAC and they are a great company to deal with but Liberty Cans is a close second when it comes to service.

What TestnDoc said......Surefire.....they may be higher on the price list....but you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the replies. More I think about it im not 100% sure I need the QD mount. I will be shooting it on different rifles but not alot. Will pretty much stay on the same rig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. More I think about it im not 100% sure I need the QD mount. I will be shooting it on different rifles but not alot. Will pretty much stay on the same rig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I went with TB 338BA for my magnum can as it gives you the best of both worlds. It's a thread on, but with their brakes it allows you to have different rifles with odd threadings (AI, KAC, DTA etc.)

Direct thread cans aren't that hard to move from rifle to rifle. Plus you don't have to deal with a QD system. My vote is a thunderbeast or harvester.