• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Decisions Decisions, GA Precision or Tactical Rifles inc

peterh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
I'm ready to place an order for a rifle, I narrowed it down to GAP or TR. The GAP I like is the Crusader, and the TR is their M40. The two rifles look basically the same and of course each maker will say theirs is better. Does anybody here have experience with TR, I have heard and read about GAP but not much about TR. Both are priced about the same too....

Peter... I'll put it gently. Flint mention tactical rifles around the hide.

Go into the site information thread and read about the lawsuit.

Charlie mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pffft Give your bidness to TR. They aren't letting Ken build anymore rifles, so the magic has basically been moved away.

Does anyone know where the video went of that guy shooting a 1 inch group at 500 yards with a Tactical Rifle?

Not sure if this post is serious but with 180+ posts I'd think joking.

In any event: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...lawsuit-defense-fund-support-our-efforts.html

No not a joke, I was not aware of this issue. I need to read the negative posts about TR. At any rate I have been more inclined towards GAP although It kind of bothered me that I called them several days in a row and could only get a machine. I finally got a call back and all my questions were answered...

What ????are you talking about????

Nothing. You asked one of the dumbest fucking questions I have seen on here in years. So you get a answer that makes no fucking sense.

Either your a complete fucking idiot, or you're trolling. Take your pick.

Have you considered the Mossberg/Red Jacket collaboration bolt gun? I hear precision dremeling of that caliber have "neva been dun befo". Seriously, go with the GAP, you won't be disappointed.

Nothing. You asked one of the dumbest fucking questions I have seen on here in years. So you get a answer that makes no fucking sense.

"Hay well excuse the fuck out of me man", I guess it's just to much for some people to be asked for an honest opinion, and NO I did not know and was not aware of the shit storm with TR. I don't have as much time on the computer as apparently you do so I have not been able to keep up with everything that's going on here on the hide. From now on I'm going to remember that old saying "opinions are like assholes everybody has one one" But I'm not sure about you......

"Hay well excuse the fuck out of me man", I guess it's just to much for some people to be asked for an honest opinion, and NO I did not know and was not aware of the shit storm with TR. I don't have as much time on the computer as apparently you do so I have not been able to keep up with everything that's going on here on the hide. From now on I'm going to remember that old saying "opinions are like assholes everybody has one one" But I'm not sure about you......

PeterH - if you're not here to stir the pot related to the pending lawsuit, may I suggest that you look into some of the smiths here on the board. In no particular order and I apologize in advance if I leave anyone out (there are several good ones here):

- William Roscoe
- Short Action Customs
- Terry Cross
- GAP

I find myself similarly wrecked with a conundrum almost as difficult to navigate as yours. Please help. The San Antonio Spurs cheer leading squad has a few days off and they are begging to follow my every direction over the next 72 hours as I read aloud from the Kama Sutra while drawing from a bottle of Hennessy Beaute du Siecle. Of course I would choose the least smoking hot amongst them to apply a non-stop stream of mineral oil. To set the mood and pace Marina Yakhlakova, Janine Jansen, and Anna Netrebko are offering to play Carnival of The Animals in the nude (Le cynge being my favorite) and join in should the cheer leaders begin to show anything short of absolute commitment at any point. That's scenario A.

The alternative is to have the skin removed from my ball sack with a rusty adze and a pen knife by an inmate from a Russian lunatic asylum who goes by the name Buttercup Vyacheslav. This will happen while Celine Dion is blared at over 150db and I am water boarded with raw sewerage freshly siphoned from the sump of a Carnival cruise ship currently docked in Corpus Christie and carrying a 3,000 strong Indian tour group with a taste for especially intense curry and vindaloo. That's scenario B.

I'm really not sure whose decision is more difficult, yours or mine.

Last edited:
Call up Marc over at Spartan Rifles. He did the last SH group rifle build. He does great work.

I find myself similarly wrecked with a conundrum almost as difficult to navigate as yours. Please help. The San Antonio Spurs cheer leading squad has a few days off and they are begging to follow my every direction over the next 72 hours as I read aloud from the Kama Sutra while drawing from a bottle of Hennessy Beaute du Siecle. Of course I would choose the least smoking hot amongst them to apply a non-stop stream of mineral oil. To set the mood and pace Marina Yakhlakova, Janine Jansen, and Anna Netrebko are offering to play Carnival of The Animals in the nude (Le cynge being my favorite) and join in should the cheer leaders begin to show anything short of absolute commitment at any point. That's scenario A.

The alternative is to have the skin removed from my ball sack with a rusty adze and a pen knife by an inmate from a Russian lunatic asylum who goes by the name Buttercup Vyacheslav. This will happen while Celine Dion is blared at over 150db and I am water boarded with raw sewerage freshly siphoned from the sump of a Carnival cruise ship currently docked in Corpus Christie and carrying a 3,000 strong Indian tour group with a taste for especially intense curry and vindaloo. That's scenario B.

I'm really not sure whose decision is more difficult, yours or mine.
Man I don't know what to say, either you've been sniffing to much burnt gun powder, you have a vivid imagination or your a child?? In either case "thanks for nothing"

Moses that is hands down THE funniest thing I have ever read on the hide you are are truly a wordsmith of epic proportions.

Man you guy's sure no how to throw a bucket of cold water on somebody, Thank you very much!!!!!!

Man I don't know what to say, either you've been sniffing to much burnt gun powder, you have a vivid imagination or your a child?? In either case "thanks for nothing"
[MENTION=65805]peterh[/MENTION], you are not thanking me for nothing. Far from it.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net.html

As for the rest, I do not sniff nearly enough gun powder (burnt or un-burnt). I am trying to find a way to carry the scent with me while not setting off TSA alarms. My imagination is reprehensible, not so sure about vivid. And yes, I am a child. You are welcome.

IF your serious I would highly recommend GAP. I have several of their rifles and I am very happy with them and there are many others here the same I know.

I can see where this could be real because TR has ads all over the place and they look nice but I think that custom rifle builders are like lawyers. Don't go with the ones with ads.

IF they need ads in todays market they are not worth messing with.

Seriously, buy GAP.

No not a joke, I was not aware of this issue. I need to read the negative posts about TR. At any rate I have been more inclined towards GAP although It kind of bothered me that I called them several days in a row and could only get a machine. I finally got a call back and all my questions were answered...

Yeah they are often busy; but they are good about getting back to you. The owner (George) is pretty active on the forum as well.

[MENTION=65805]peterh[/MENTION], you are not thanking me for nothing. Far from it.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net.html

As for the rest, I do not sniff nearly enough gun powder (burnt or un-burnt). I am trying to find a way to carry the scent with me while not setting off TSA alarms. My imagination is reprehensible, not so sure about vivid. And yes, I am a child. You are welcome.
I got you pegged now, your not here to help anyone or to contribute towards this sport. No, your here to practice that reprehensible imagination of yours, and my "thank you" was no thanks. All that creative writing and you don't understand a sarcastic thanks. your not that smart....

Man you guy's sure no how to throw a bucket of cold water on somebody, Thank you very much!!!!!!

A cold bucket of water is far better than the expensive, steaming, foul smelling bucket you will get from TR.

You will be far happier with a rifle build by GAP or any of the other great builders that are active on the Hide.

Believe it or not, these guys are trying to help you. Don't get discouraged. Just do some reading and it will make more sense.

Last edited:
why is this thread even in existence.............?

Well it's in existence because I needed good opinions, I'm ready to spend 3-4 thousand bucks and wanted information but because I did not know about the lawsuit some people took my opinion request as an offensive attempt to stir the shit. Nothing could have been further from the truth on my part. I'm going to stick with my first choice "GAP"....

With rifles that group like this! Why would you not choose TR!!

[video]http://tinypic.com/r/2ljq1hl/8[/video]

In stead of saying something you ought to read it again. Moses is giving you the benefit of his personal experience, try not to be too stupid to pay attention.

I got you pegged now, your not here to help anyone or to contribute towards this sport. No, your here to practice that reprehensible imagination of yours, and my "thank you" was no thanks. All that creative writing and you don't understand a sarcastic thanks. your not that smart....

Feeling the need to say you pegged me is like wanting to take credit for having remembered to breathe. I hope neither ranks well on your list of accomplishments. You're welcome (assuming you read the link. If not, then you're not welcome until you do).

Last edited:
A cold bucket of water is far better than the expensive, steaming, foul smelling bucket you will get from TR.

You will be far happier with a rifle build by GAP or any of the other great builders that are active on the Hide.

Believe it or not, these guys are trying to help you. Don't get discouraged. Just do some reading and it will make more sense.
Patrick I agree with you except there is no need to be down right disrespectful towards one another, there are people here that I believe get great pleasure bashing others. GAP was my first choice, the only reason why I asked about TR is because a friend saw their web page, he knowing I was going to order a rifle suggested TR and I thought I would ask here. Thats all there is about this....

Patrick I agree with you except there is no need to be down right disrespectful towards one another, there are people here that I believe get great pleasure bashing others. GAP was my first choice, the only reason why I asked about TR is because a friend saw their web page, he knowing I was going to order a rifle suggested TR and I thought I would ask here. Thats all there is about this....

So you ask for information to help make a decision, then you bash the heck out of the people who give you what you ask for. Put the shoe on the other foot and see how you would feel at this point. I think some apologies are in order.

So you ask for information to help make a decision, then you bash the heck out of the people who give you what you ask for. Put the shoe on the other foot and see how you would feel at this point. I think some apologies are in order.

Listen read the posts and see who bashed who, I didn't start it....

The Answer You Have Been Waiting For

[MENTION=65805]peterh[/MENTION], keeping the inner child momentarily at bay, I shall try this a bit more plainly. I have spent the money required to help you in your decision, as have many others. It is my wish to contribute to the sport by bringing to bear any experience I have that (I think) may help others along. If there is a joke to be had, please do not let this one be on you.

Click here:

[MENTION=65805]peterh[/MENTION], keeping the inner child momentarily at bay, I shall try this a bit more plainly. I have spent the money required to help you in your decision, as have many others. It is my wish to contribute to the sport by bringing to bear any experience I have that (I think) may help others along. If there is a joke to be had, please do not let this one be on you.

Click here:

Now I can truly say "Thank You" I take back what I said, I truly did not understand what you were saying. I'm calling GAP tomorrow and placing my order, it's going to be a long six months...

Peter, I'm sure you've figured out by now that it's not even a decision...

Go with TR. :rolleyes:

Seriously, call GAP and talk to Kenny. Tell him what you want, and he will get you set up. George is a great guy, and his people do fantastic work.

Worf_faces_the_high_council.png