• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance action new costs?!

So many keyboard financial experts . Cheap asses probably spend the price of an action on their monthly booze . You guys look so foolish talking this bullshit .
Lulz. I have 3 anTI actions. Hardly a hater but I’ll never buy another one. They’re nice but not that special considering the competition, even at the old price.
Have 2 ARCs, one Nuke 2.0 and one Medes and my next one will be a ARC CDG.

What does a deviant offer that the ruckus doesn’t. If the deviant name was a staple to the company and they didn’t want to get rid of it why not machine the deviant like the ruckus. The ruckus really should be the new deviant. And what does the rebel offer as well that can’t be had. I really see no reason to have more than like 5 actions.

I specifically prefer the Rebel action because it offers the extended cantilevered rail. Most other action manufacturers have gone to the integrated rail on their offerings, which doesn't allow for the extended rail.

I guess I need to order another Rebel action before the amateur financial advisors talk Defiance into downsizing their product line.

I specifically prefer the Rebel action because it offers the extended cantilevered rail. Most other action manufacturers have gone to the integrated rail on their offerings, which doesn't allow for the extended rail.

I guess I need to order another Rebel action before the amateur financial advisors talk Defiance into downsizing their product line.
So make ruckus’s that take rails as well . Whatever Nobody said my example was the end all be all. But you don’t need 80 100 variants of actions that’s just ridiculous. Get to a point where dealers are stocked as well as defiance having a stock themselves on a baseline of actions that 90 percent of people are using and you can still do custom runs of special order stuff every 3 months or whatever.

Are

Personal preference. Do you want the most accurate and reliable rifle at any cost, or are you willing to have something that is just decent for a lot less? If you go to 12 matches and spend $15k-$20k a year on shooting, does it make sense to try to compete with a $800 Savage or a $4000 purpose built laser beam?
I get it, yes, the more you spend, especially if going for competition, the better. I was just wondering then why people were giving grief about a rifle company going up on their prices. But I also understand that now. I guess my question was rhetorical.

I like the Rebel actions because they don't have the unfinshed slabbed look. I do wish they had an integral rail option.

Does anyone know what the lead time is these days for an action?
Last I saw on the site they weren't taking orders. That was before/during the buyout though I think. I've heard 12-14 months on here. New ownership says they lead times will come down. You'll have to order and find out or go a different action with shorter wait time. Up to you.

Last I saw on the site they weren't taking orders.

They're taking them. It's on their site.

1673913336251.png

I won't say too much on here that hasn't already been said in one way or another.
However, what I will say is people are hurting, and a price increase of $500 seemingly overnight won't help people feel less hurt about it either.
All we can do is spend our money as wisely as possible.

I like Defiance and I own them, however, this increase was a little much for me.
I mean was the Tenacity action worth more than it was previously selling for? Absolutely! Was it worth $500 more, not for me... not when there are better options available at that price point.
I just don't see how this could be a smart business idea.

Last edited:
Good luck guys. As a company owner/skilled service provider myself (though on a much smaller level) I know things are nowhere near as clear cut as those on the outside want to hink they are. With the huge selection of custom actions for my choosing, I keep coming to the Deviants. #3 should be ready in a few months. Customer service has always been amazing and quality control is never a concern. Good luck in the transition. God bless you guys.

For the record, the price increase was necessary to keep Defiance open. I won't go into the deep details but instead I'll offer that I've been in the firearms industry for 32 years. Prior to my role at McMillan and Defiance I was President and Owner of Berger and then President of Capstone when Berger was sold. I am intimately familiar with premium product pricing and the impact of price changes on the firearms market.

After leaving Berger/Capstone and taking a short semi-retirement, Kelly made me GM of McMillan. When McMillan was purchased, the company health situation was very different than Defiance. McMillan had its issues as all companies do but it was healthy enough that we had time to adjust slowly and deliberately.

This was not the case at Defiance. I can't predict the future in a multi-verse but in looking at the deal there were strong, real-world indicators that Defiance was heading rapidly to closure. Despite this poor condition, Bob Beck believed strongly in the brand and the people who make the products. It was based on this (almost exclusively) that he went forward with the deal despite all indicators clearly offering that keeping Defiance open would be risky to say the least.

The price increase and the speed at which it is being implemented are required in our efforts to keep Defiance open and get it back to stable health.

A couple things to keep in mind are that Bob has taken on a great risk to keep a company open that many others wouldn't touch. I am basically living in MT while my home and family (including a new granddaughter who is perfect) is in AZ. Bob and I have a combined experience in the firearms industry of over 50 years. On top of that we have a tremendous team at both McMillan and Defiance (all of which stayed after the sale except for those responsible for financials). If you think our collective group are not capable, considerate people with enough experience to know what this change means and would have done anything to avoid or minimize it, you are not letting our collective record speak for itself.

If you think that the price change and rapid implementation has anything to do with a money grab, you are simply wrong. Everyone who purchased a Defiance action, specifically the anTi, Outcast and Tenacity before the price increase can thank Defiance for the extra cash that was put into the box when your action shipped. You may not have seen it, but I assure you, Defiance gave it to you. The other actions were anemic enough that the situation was dire and urgent.

The price change, discount restructure and Bob's infusion of finance has now put Defiance on stable ground. From a financial health score point of view, Defiance is in better shape than it has been for a long time.

We are doing all we can to price all our products fairly. We've added an additional volume discount level for builders. We are close to announcing a new action that will be priced lower than the others but will have controls on options and volume requirements. We are working toward increasing output and expanding capacity. There are even going to be a few surprises in new action offerings and additional support for gun builders.

Having worked in the premium firearms market all my career I can assure everyone that "it costs too much" is and has always been the #1 complaint against premium products. I am a reasonable person who listens to customers and wants all our brands to be successful. Throughout my career I've priced our products as fairly as possible keeping this #1 complaint always in mind. This will continue to be the case into the future.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
COO Extreme Group
"We're doing all we can to price our products fairly." Gtfoh. You almost doubled the price of a tenacity action over night. You sound like a politician. Your complaints are my #1 concern. By the way, here is a huge price hike. Your customer service is great, but it's not worth almost double the price.

Last edited:
So.....

Can someone recommend an action around 19 oz for under a G? Like the anTi used to be......

I have been very pleased with my Tenacity builds. Put myself on Impact Actions waiting list yesterday. So I guess I have the Extreme group to thank for taking me to the next level.

For the record, the price increase was necessary to keep Defiance open. I won't go into the deep details but instead I'll offer that I've been in the firearms industry for 32 years. Prior to my role at McMillan and Defiance I was President and Owner of Berger and then President of Capstone when Berger was sold. I am intimately familiar with premium product pricing and the impact of price changes on the firearms market.

After leaving Berger/Capstone and taking a short semi-retirement, Kelly made me GM of McMillan. When McMillan was purchased, the company health situation was very different than Defiance. McMillan had its issues as all companies do but it was healthy enough that we had time to adjust slowly and deliberately.

This was not the case at Defiance. I can't predict the future in a multi-verse but in looking at the deal there were strong, real-world indicators that Defiance was heading rapidly to closure. Despite this poor condition, Bob Beck believed strongly in the brand and the people who make the products. It was based on this (almost exclusively) that he went forward with the deal despite all indicators clearly offering that keeping Defiance open would be risky to say the least.

The price increase and the speed at which it is being implemented are required in our efforts to keep Defiance open and get it back to stable health.

A couple things to keep in mind are that Bob has taken on a great risk to keep a company open that many others wouldn't touch. I am basically living in MT while my home and family (including a new granddaughter who is perfect) is in AZ. Bob and I have a combined experience in the firearms industry of over 50 years. On top of that we have a tremendous team at both McMillan and Defiance (all of which stayed after the sale except for those responsible for financials). If you think our collective group are not capable, considerate people with enough experience to know what this change means and would have done anything to avoid or minimize it, you are not letting our collective record speak for itself.

If you think that the price change and rapid implementation has anything to do with a money grab, you are simply wrong. Everyone who purchased a Defiance action, specifically the anTi, Outcast and Tenacity before the price increase can thank Defiance for the extra cash that was put into the box when your action shipped. You may not have seen it, but I assure you, Defiance gave it to you. The other actions were anemic enough that the situation was dire and urgent.

The price change, discount restructure and Bob's infusion of finance has now put Defiance on stable ground. From a financial health score point of view, Defiance is in better shape than it has been for a long time.

We are doing all we can to price all our products fairly. We've added an additional volume discount level for builders. We are close to announcing a new action that will be priced lower than the others but will have controls on options and volume requirements. We are working toward increasing output and expanding capacity. There are even going to be a few surprises in new action offerings and additional support for gun builders.

Having worked in the premium firearms market all my career I can assure everyone that "it costs too much" is and has always been the #1 complaint against premium products. I am a reasonable person who listens to customers and wants all our brands to be successful. Throughout my career I've priced our products as fairly as possible keeping this #1 complaint always in mind. This will continue to be the case into the future.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
COO Extreme Group
What a load . The rain is warm and smells like piss.

There are a couple of "ready to ship" actions on the Defiance website for $990.
They told me, a while back, they could not sell directly and I would have to go through one of their dealers. I was just going to ride up and pick one up.
Has that changed ?

Same deal. Those are ready to ship to your FFL.
Prices up considerably since I was on their sight.
Lmao, I’m asking less than $400 more than the bare action from Defiance for my nitrided Ruckus Tactical barreled action with Bix Tacsport in the PX. 😂😂

Reactions: Tokay444
Next week I'll have been waiting 12 months for my LH Defiance Deviant Tac....
That's just crazy. Evidently, everyone wants one so bad that they have none in stock, anywhere. When you ordered it, did they tell you lead time was over a year?

I confess, I don't know what is the longest amount of time a person has had to wait for an action.

They’ve raised the prices twice since I ordered it! LGS said 4-6 mo at the time, but not sure if that was direct from Defiance.

I actually gave up and built the rifle on a different action. I tried to cancel my order recently but maybe I should just keep it and flip it (if it ever shows up)

I ordered an action in July 2022. When I ordered it they told me it would be 15 Months. I received it a couple weeks ago.

I've been waiting 18 months for a Krieger barrel.

Last edited:
Well, I was going to order one in September. Guess I'm going to figure out what my smith is selling now since I doubt he builds more than 25 rifles a year. Certainly not enough to get the price down to make it viable.

Looks like I'm looking at Falkor to make a MT rifle.