• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance AnTI Actions

Buck300

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2013
Ct
Guys that have built on these AnTI's how are you liking them? Post some photos. Going to be using one for a light weight hunting rig.

Wow that’s crazy no response. Unfortunately I am not running one but have heard excellent things about both the anti and the anti-x. Personally I’d go with the x. Your going have to put some sort of ring/rail system on anyways, why not go integral for one less moving part. I’m going to be doing a hunt build this year as well the second I get this current one sorted out and action on order and then I’ll start collecting part for the hunting build. If I can’t make the action I want work for weight restrictions then the anti x is what I’ll be using

I have two anTi actions. Unfortunately I don't have them assembled yet so I can't give much for a review. I recently compiled all the parts to complete a 6.5 prc on an XM length anTi. I hope to send it off to a smith soon and have it ready for hunting season. My other anTi is a LA that is waiting on a Manners stock in order to complete.

Sorry that's not more helpful. I'll post back once I have one completed.

Reactions: Buck300
Placed an order for an Anti-X. Should be a pretty sweet rifle once it’s finished. I’m estimating 6.6lbs, no scope.

I’ve got a 7 SAUM under construction right now using an anTi XM action. Will post pics and thoughts when it gets here

Looking forward to seeing this one. I have a AnTI X XM on the way, trying to decide between 300 wsm or 7 saum
for my deer and elk combo rifle.

Reactions: toader
I have two at the smith right now. Fondling before shipping made me happy. Both will be BDL with 2B barrels and should finish about 6.2-6.5 lbs.

7SAUM on XM in progress. More to come...

73B06329-13B6-4EE0-B02D-40DFDDA61DFE.jpeg

Sounds like a sweet build. I’m working on something similar too. Want to use the anTi action in a Gunwerks Clymr stock. Does anyone know if the Defiance actions utilize the same foot print across their line? On the Gunwerks site the Clymr stock lists available inlets for the Defiance Rebel, Deviant, and Tenacity actions but the anTi is not mentioned. Are their actions similar enough that an anTi action would drop into a stock inlet for one of those other models in their line? I can’t find any info on the Defiance site about his either.

I have about 100 rounds through mine so far. I don't see much of a difference between other Definace actions I have used. I was a little nervous about the small bolt know but its been a mute issue thus far.
20201220_084351.jpg
20201220_073641.jpg

Attachments

• 20201220_092112.jpg
    20201220_092112.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: Buck300
Sounds like a sweet build. I’m working on something similar too. Want to use the anTi action in a Gunwerks Clymr stock. Does anyone know if the Defiance actions utilize the same foot print across their line? On the Gunwerks site the Clymr stock lists available inlets for the Defiance Rebel, Deviant, and Tenacity actions but the anTi is not mentioned. Are their actions similar enough that an anTi action would drop into a stock inlet for one of those other models in their line? I can’t find any info on the Defiance site about his either.
Did you ever find out if they are based on the same footprint? Looking at building the same anTi action in a Gunwerks Clymr.... I saw somewhere it maybe based on the Tenacity but not sure.

Got 2 anTI
One is on an MPA ultralite with a 300blk 12.5” Bartlein rem mag sporter barrel. 6.75 lbs with a Razor LHT HD 3-15.
The other one will be matched to a Manners Ultra Classic with a 19” Benchmark featherweight 204 Ruger with an Accupoint 3-9 mildot. Should be under 6lbs easily, just waiting for my smith to finish the bedding job.
Love them both. Probably will get a couple of prefit barrels, maybe a a 224 throated for those 88 eldms (22 creed?) and maybe a 6.5 prc. It’s way easier to move around a 6lbs gun than my 15 lbs DTA.

Did you ever find out if they are based on the same footprint? Looking at building the same anTi action in a Gunwerks Clymr.... I saw somewhere it maybe based on the Tenacity but not sure.
Not exactly what you asked but I had the components out so I took some pics.

This ClymR is inletted for a short remington. It doesn't match either defiance, but using the stock lines for reference you can see similarities between the tenacity and Anti. The bolt handles are the main differences.

92D0837D-62CD-4263-B1DB-FD7BFBEE0895.jpeg
95094FEA-6E97-418C-9DCA-ACD0A094CAA4.jpeg

63F9E618-3C34-460E-AD49-EA721B3EAD2A.jpeg
5153817D-FDC7-48E9-8C73-95BE7E27B822.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: S3th
Not exactly what you asked but I had the components out so I took some pics.

This ClymR is inletted for a short remington. It doesn't match either defiance, but using the stock lines for reference you can see similarities between the tenacity and Anti. The bolt handles are the main differences.

View attachment 7597983View attachment 7597984

View attachment 7597987View attachment 7597988
What's the ejection port measurement on the stock? I'm hoping my Remington SA inlet doesn't fit like that with my Anti-X.

Your ejection port looks a lot shorter than my stock's ejection port that's why I am curious.
Oh, I see what you’re saying. I don’t have the stuff here to measure at the moment, but here’s a picture of the same stock with a Remington in it.
C8F9A2BC-DD20-439D-AD9A-6905CF9F59B5.jpeg

Is there a difference between a Remington SA inlet and a Remington SA Clone inlet?

Is there a difference between a Remington SA inlet and a Remington SA Clone inlet?
Depends on how close of a clone. As you can see demonstrated above there certainly can be.
Swept vs straight bolt handle, port length and location, side bolt release, presentation height, tang etc.
The bottom metal hole, trigger location, action screw holes and recoil lug should line up, aka, the stuff the action actually sits on top of.

Most are clones. The ports are different from one clone to the next but they are still 700 clones. The clones are typically larger than a 700.

I don't know anything about an AnTi port length.

On the Rebel there used to be an option for port length. You could get it with a Remington or a Defiance length port. There was about .400" difference in them.

Just waiting on the manners eh1 and I’ll be putting together this in 6.5 max

Attachments

• AB5FDBEA-CDD7-4A3F-94E7-5C187CD83FD7.jpeg
    AB5FDBEA-CDD7-4A3F-94E7-5C187CD83FD7.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 182
Bit of a thread necro, but what base/ring mount screws does the anTi use? I have one one the way, but don’t see that data point anywhere on Defiance’s web site.

Pretty sure a stock Rem 700 action uses #6-48 screws, but think I read somewhere the Defiance actions use #8-40

I’m brain dead from work right now, so may be thinking of something else.

Bit of a thread necro, but what base/ring mount screws does the anTi use? I have one one the way, but don’t see that data point anywhere on Defiance’s web site.

Pretty sure a stock Rem 700 action uses #6-48 screws, but think I read somewhere the Defiance actions use #8-40

8-40 and they have holes for the pins

Reactions: 91Eunozs

You can buy pinned Talleys direct from Defiance.

Reactions: 91Eunozs