• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance anTi

Can’t decide between this or the tenacity for a 30 Sherman build.

Leaning tenacity because it’s going to go in a McM A6 McWalnut finish with a proof sendero, ultra lite rings, an a sub 30oz optic should be around 11lbs like my 7 SS but i wouldn’t mind it being 10.

Who is making prefits for the new tenacity or anTi?

Also i take it the tenacity can’t be had in gap hunter config due to the non integral rail?

Last edited:
Reactions: Defiance Machine
I'm torn. Part of me is thinking target weight of my 7 SS will be perfect for the 30 sherman, lord knows anything pushing a 225gr ELD M near and around 3000fps is going to recoil. I like the idea that i can pick up off the shelf 300 PRC ammo to fire form and sort of want this is as a target/mountain rifle hybrid for out west. Would save nearly a 1lb going anTi and McM A6 edge fill over my current 7 SS setup with the 737r PRS2/Mini-chassis. Question is does that equate to much more recoil? Could always run the SiCo brake on it though, cause i'll be shooting suppressed.

Are the Talley 30mm pinned rings canted 20 MOA?

I'm torn. Part of me is thinking target weight of my 7 SS will be perfect for the 30 sherman, lord knows anything pushing a 225gr ELD M near and around 3000fps is going to recoil. I like the idea that i can pick up off the shelf 300 PRC ammo to fire form and sort of want this is as a target/mountain rifle hybrid for out west. Would save nearly a 1lb going anTi and McM A6 edge fill over my current 7 SS setup with the 737r PRS2/Mini-chassis. Question is does that equate to much more recoil? Could always run the SiCo brake on it though, cause i'll be shooting suppressed.

Are you going to shoot that far that you need a 20moa cant on a 300 PRC mountain rig. Better to dream I guess. ?

Remember that powder mass also comes into play with recoil. Higher powder mass, higher bullet mass, comparable velocity, and lower rifle mass will equal more felt recoil. Exactly how much more depends on a few factors for each setup:
  • Bullet mass
  • Muzzle velocity
  • Powder mass
  • Rifle mass
  • Buttpad durometer (if approximately equal, you can still draw comparisons)
If you want rings that let you get cant for an arbitrary spacing, go for the Burris Signature rings and a set of offset inserts. There are several options of mounting style.

Are you going to shoot that far that you need a 20moa cant on a 300 PRC mountain rig. Better to dream I guess. ?

23 Mils to 2000yds in my current conditions with a 225gr ELD M at 2900fps. There is a reason i said mountain/range hybrid. We've got the land easy due to agriculture. I'd like to be able to stretch it a ways on steel. I don't know many optics with that much usable travel once zeroed with a 20 MOA rail.. much less without.

Remember that powder mass also comes into play with recoil. Higher powder mass, higher bullet mass, comparable velocity, and lower rifle mass will equal more felt recoil. Exactly how much more depends on a few factors for each setup:
  • Bullet mass
  • Muzzle velocity
  • Powder mass
  • Rifle mass
  • Buttpad durometer (if approximately equal, you can still draw comparisons)
If you want rings that let you get cant for an arbitrary spacing, go for the Burris Signature rings and a set of offset inserts. There are several options of mounting style.

Indeed that's why i wonder if keeping it at similar weight to my 7 SS would be more advantageous than losing about 1lb with the AnTi. I plan on shooting the heavies 225gr ELD-M will be the go to with 230gr A-Tip later down the road just for some ELR stuff.

23 Mils to 2000yds in my current conditions with a 225gr ELD M at 2900fps. There is a reason i said mountain/range hybrid. We've got the land easy due to agriculture. I'd like to be able to stretch it a ways on steel. I don't know many optics with that much usable travel once zeroed with a 20 MOA rail.. much less without.

I got you. I bet you won’t want to shoot it much beyond hunting especially if it’s not your only gun. Gonna kick like a mule. Lightweight 7mm magnums suck enough after a few shots.

Reactions: D_TROS
I got you. I bet you won’t want to shoot it much beyond hunting especially if it’s not your only gun. Gonna kick like a mule. Lightweight 7mm magnums suck enough after a few shots.
And thus my dilemma lol cause i don’t want to weigh it down too much. Truthfully though my 7 SS is pretty pleasant with a 180gr eld m at 2900, it's a push don't get me wrong but pretty pleasant. Though the 30 sherman would obviously be more. I think the anchor brake on the omega would probably cut some down as well. But yeah it's a dilemma cause i want it to be packable but want to take it to the range as well.

I don’t believe they’re canted. You can get Hawkins one piece that are canted (20 or 25 MOA I think) but I don’t think they are pinned - need to check on that.

@Defiance Machine told me the Ruckus prefits will fit the anTi. I didn't ask about prefits for the new tenacity.

The prefits for the Ruckus will likely fit the Tenacity and the anTi; HOWEVER, we still recommend having a reputable gunsmith fit the barrel and check the headspacing prior, to ensure proper fit and safety.

Reactions: DangerRanger

We do not currently offer the Talley rings with a 20 MOA cant, however, Hawkins Precision does make the same style rings with a 20 MOA cant. We were discussing with Andy having his rings in our inventory, so they may be available through us during ordering in the near future.

I don’t believe they’re canted. You can get Hawkins one piece that are canted (20 or 25 MOA I think) but I don’t think they are pinned - need to check on that.

They are pinned, and I think it's just 25 MOA, but I noticed they don't have it up on their site that it's even available for Defiance, so I shot Andy a message.

Last edited:
Reactions: XTREM HTR16
Really looking forward to seeing some of these out in the wild fully built up.

I'm putting off my next lightweight build until some of you guys post some reviews.

CD54A312-0F94-4F1C-9654-94477F03715A.jpeg

I finally got mine in a couple weeks ago, then the barrel. It’s at Altus now getting all buttoned up. I will update more when it’s complete.

The stock is the Mesa precision altitude, feels amazing. The rifle should come out about 5.7lbs. With the Hawkins hybrid rings and vortex razor lht it should be around 7 lbs scoped

Any update on the anti x LA? Would you guys choose this or a ruckus GA hunter in LA??

If it is like their other actions, "medium length" means it is the same as a Remington Model 700 short action. A Defiance "short" action is the same length as a Remington Model Seven.

It should have the same footprint.

Is the anTi short a direct replacement for a factory Model 7? I was going to build a Model 7 and ordered all the parts to build it, but ran into problems finding an action that will properly blueprint. I already have a Manners inlet for Model 7 along with a Timney and Badger bottom metal, all for Model 7 and hoping to reuse them.

Is the anTi short a direct replacement for a factory Model 7? I was going to build a Model 7 and ordered all the parts to build it, but ran into problems finding an action that will properly blueprint. I already have a Manners inlet for Model 7 along with a Timney and Badger bottom metal, all for Model 7 and hoping to reuse them.

Yes short is the model 7 medium is rem short action

Reactions: turbobrick
I wouldn't call it a "direct" replacement but you can make it work. The ejection port will probably be longer on the Defiance and it will have an external bolt release.

I wouldn't call it a "direct" replacement but you can make it work. The ejection port will probably be longer on the Defiance and it will have an external bolt release.
Those things aren't a big issue for me, the stock can be fitted no problem. I'm mostly concerned about the being able to use the bottom metal, stock, and trigger. I bought Talley rings already, but I think I'll get the pinned ones that go with the Defiance, I had pinned Talleys on my Pierce titanium action and really liked them.

Those things aren't a big issue for me, the stock can be fitted no problem. I'm mostly concerned about the being able to use the bottom metal, stock, and trigger. I bought Talley rings already, but I think I'll get the pinned ones that go with the Defiance, I had pinned Talleys on my Pierce titanium action and really liked them.
If you remove the bolt release, the trigger should work. A Defiance action will have a 1/4" rear action screw. If the Badger trigger guard will support that, it should work fine.

The talleys are specific for the anTi, the rear base is shorter something like .6” rear, .8” front.

If you remove the bolt release, the trigger should work. A Defiance action will have a 1/4" rear action screw. If the Badger trigger guard will support that, it should work fine.
The Badger comes with both size action screws for the small bolt receivers and for the ones that have been re-tapped. Great news, thanks.