• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance bought out

I'm so insanely jealous of you 'muricans getting custom actions for peanuts.
Defiance cost ~3k USD here in Norway, been that way for a while, for only the action.
We love to complain. But no one bats an eye when fast food increases.

We love to complain. But no one bats an eye when fast food increases.

Eh, I personally haven’t spoken to a person that bought a mcwhatthefuckever in the last 2 years that hasn’t complained about the prices

Eh, I personally haven’t spoken to a person that bought a mcwhatthefuckever in the last 2 years that hasn’t complained about the prices
Maybe chose the wrong wording. They complain but still pay it. Whereas here, people complain and seem to want to move away from Defiance. Granted its slightly different for a burger going from $6 to $8 than a $1000 to $1500 action.

As far as Defiance actions go, my only experience with them was my Templar VII. Was a damn good action. I shoot very rarely and still new to bolt guns though. My Tikka, to me, seemed just as good for slow target shooting. I'm sure the difference come more in to play when not sitting at a bench. Excited for the BAT Vampire I ordered Tuesday to show up next week though.

Maybe chose the wrong wording. They complain but still pay it. Whereas here, people complain and seem to want to move away from Defiance. Granted its slightly different for a burger going from $6 to $8 than a $1000 to $1500 action.

As far as Defiance actions go, my only experience with them was my Templar VII. Was a damn good action. I shoot very rarely and still new to bolt guns though. My Tikka, to me, seemed just as good for slow target shooting. I'm sure the difference come more in to play when not sitting at a bench. Excited for the BAT Vampire I ordered Tuesday to show up next week though.
You're new to bolt guns AND you have a Defiance and BAT? You are doing things right my friend.

Defiance must still be doing something right for Terry Cross to be building rifles off them.

Thankfully primers, powder and brass hasn't gone up any in the last few years. And inflation is only 8%.

Hopefully Defiance streamlines out the slower moving actions and configurations, gets some efficiencies going, and can reduce costs as a result. It would seem a failure to do that would cost them a lot of market share.

You're new to bolt guns AND you have a Defiance and BAT? You are doing things right my friend.

Defiance must still be doing something right for Terry Cross to be building rifles off them.
New as of 2020 but I don't shoot a whole lot or as much as I'd like. The public ranges suck and the base range is only open on Weekends, subject to weather. And I rather buy once, cry once and pay for quality than get a cheap rifle and it have problems.

Reactions: Gil P.
You did! Mine has PWs and an automatic. Tough little cars aren't they?
Follow up question. Is the gear you take to the range worth more than the Yaris? Aren't Yaris' fairly cheap, like 12k for basic model.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Follow up question. Is the gear you take to the range worth more than the Yaris? Aren't Yaris' fairly cheap, like 12k for basic model.
I would guess the gear is worth 3 to 4 times what the car is! It was totaled in a hail storm 6 months after I got it so its on a rebuilders title and I have hit a hog, a deer (The deer hit me. There are antler marks down the passenger side windows!), and a 'yote with it. I'm sure folks are baffled when they see a POS Yaris with Nightforce and ZCO stickers on the back! :LOL:

EDIT: I miscalculated. I figure one of the Vudoos and gear has me bumping $10K? KBB says the car is worth $1210.00 (I spent more than that on Lapua Midas+ recently) so 8 to 9 times more?

Last edited:
My gear is worth more than my car by a long shot.

That little roller skate starts up every time, sips gas, costs nothing to insure... tires run about $60 a piece. No interest/ no payments. Virtually no depreciation since it's dirt cheap and I can park it in the dirtiest ghetto without a thought.

If you don't have a shitbox econocar you're missing out.

Well considering I have hit a hog, a deer, and and a 'yote I would say my gear increased the value of the vehicle 8 fold! I'm sure folks are baffled when they see a POS Yaris with Nightforce and ZCO stickers on the back! :LOL:
Hah! I get funny looks for my Trijicon, Steiner and BCM stickers on my Yaris too!

1672942509271.png

My gear is worth more than my car by a long shot.

That little roller skate starts up every time, sips gas, costs nothing to insure... tires run about $60 a piece. No interest/ no payments. Virtually no depreciation since it's dirt cheap and I can park it in the dirtiest ghetto without a thought.

If you don't have a shitbox econocar you're missing out.
Right? Mine still gets 32MPG and the only things I have replaced are a rear wheel bearing and an alternator.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Thankfully primers, powder and brass hasn't gone up any in the last few years. And inflation is only 8%.

Hopefully Defiance streamlines out the slower moving actions and configurations, gets some efficiencies going, and can reduce costs as a result. It would seem a failure to do that would cost them a lot of market share.
This must be sarcasm.

Reactions: 30338
but on that note, I put in an order for a Defiance Left hand long action Anti about 2 months ago. You're damn sure im going to try and cancel via the place I bought it from, and get something else.
I'm not paying inflated prices for an action that is run of the mill at this point when there is:

Impact
Zermatt
American Rifle Co

And the list goes ON and ON and ON.
These price hikes are their prerogative, but it's mine to NEVER give a company my business that apparently cannot understand how to not run themselves into the ground, barely innovate, but still charge customers +25% or whatever the new crack pipe price is.

but on that note, I put in an order for a Defiance Left hand long action Anti about 2 months ago. You're damn sure im going to try and cancel via the place I bought it from, and get something else.
I'm not paying inflated prices for an action that is run of the mill at this point when there is:

Impact
Zermatt
American Rifle Co

And the list goes ON and ON and ON.
These price hikes are their prerogative, but it's mine to NEVER give a company my business that apparently cannot understand how to not run themselves into the ground, barely innovate, but still charge customers +25% or whatever the new crack pipe price is.
What was your cost for the Anti?

under 1200, nitrided, long action, mag bolt, left hand.
I would hope since it was "bought" before the increase, the old price would be honored. I'm no business man but that's bad business if so. I've put orders in for scopes, stocks, etc at the end of the year before and they always said they'd get it in ASAP and if not backdate it to get the previous year price.

I would hope since it was "bought" before the increase, the old price would be honored. I'm no business man but that's bad business if so. I've put orders in for scopes, stocks, etc at the end of the year before and they always said they'd get it in ASAP and if not backdate it to get the previous year price.
Sounds like from what is said here, and what shops are saying that purchase this stuff, it will not be honored.
Hopefully I can cancel the order and switch to a different action.

The elephant in the room is the long lead times. If other comparable actions are available at the even the same price without a huge wait, most will go that way.

I was trying to decide between a terminus or a lone peak. Terminus is like 3 month wait, lone peak has a few of what I wanted coming in a couple weeks. Reached out to BAT for shits and gigs, told me they have a couple vampires in stock. Went the BAT route for my new hunting build. Ordered Tuesday, shipped today, delivery expected Monday. Top notch CS, quick shipping, and good price.

Last edited:
So to all the peeps in this thread saying other mfg will soon follow suit with price increases…

I contacted Zermatt and asked if they had any planned price increases this year. Their response: “Not at this time”.

If inflation was measured in the value of .243 winchester here, then we would have 700% inflation.
Went from ~1 USD to 7 in a year, shit's insane.

So to all the peeps in this thread saying other mfg will soon follow suit with price increases…

I contacted Zermatt and asked if they had any planned price increases this year. Their response: “Not at this time”.
Same for Terminus. I contacted them last week of December when I was deciding on an action. Asked if I should get my order in now before possible new year price increase. Joel said they have no increase coming anytime soon.

Same for Terminus. I contacted them last week of December when I was deciding on an action. Asked if I should get my order in now before possible new year price increase. Joel said they have no increase coming anytime soon.
Already did last year.

They seem to imply/ say in the podcast that a lot of the increase in price is due to the insane amount of tooling the previous owners bought that they have to pay off.

Whether that’s true or not who knows. They do say they only people they removed from the company were the financials lol

if that is the case it won’t be reflected in the rest of the market especially places that contract production. Which is likely worse for Defiance, since if this was only inflation increase fumbling/delayed at least the market would meet their pricing soon.

They seem to imply/ say in the podcast that a lot of the increase in price is due to the insane amount of tooling the previous owners bought that they have to pay off.

Whether that’s true or not who knows. They do say they only people they removed from the company were the financials lol

if that is the case it won’t be reflected in the rest of the market especially places that contract production. Which is likely worse for Defiance, since if this was only inflation increase fumbling/delayed at least the market would meet their pricing soon.
If this is the case, then Defiance just priced themselves out of market at this point.

I thought you guys were joking about $1600 tenacities and just meant they had gone up. Holy shit. Who in the world would pay that much for one (and i have one and its great but..) when you can buy an Impact/LP for that. RIP..

Reactions: RockyMntUt
I thought you guys were joking about $1600 tenacities and just meant they had gone up. Holy shit. Who in the world would pay that much for one (and i have one and its great but..) when you can buy an Impact/LP for that. RIP..
Pretty confident that they will discontinue the Tenacity.

Reactions: eca7891
All joking aside the whole world is increasing prices.

You can go online and see what the 4000 series metals cost as they are used in firearms.

No OEM is going to absorb 10% + rise in material costs for long and not pass it on.

Add to it all the OEM’s are running at a high capacity percentage

Possibly there are blanket orders for materials for the previous price and those take them out 6 month or so but unless the prices drop as their inventory gets low..prices will be pushed through.

Costs are going up no matter what people say

All joking aside the whole world is increasing prices.

You can go online and see what the 4000 series metals cost as they are used in firearms.

No OEM is going to absorb 10% + rise in material costs for long and not pass it on.

Add to it all the OEM’s are running at a high capacity percentage

Possibly there are blanket orders for materials for the previous price and those take them out 6 month or so but unless the prices drop as their inventory gets low..prices will be pushed through.

Costs are going up no matter what people say
A 10% increase in material cost in no way, shape or form translates into a justifiable 27% list price increase.

In fact, if a manufacturer raises their list price by 10% to "cover" for a 10% increase in material costs, he's coming out money ahead. Pulling numbers out of thin air, if material costs were $400.00 (which I doubt, but let's run with it), then 10% of that is $40.00, or $440.00 total material cost.

Conversely, raising the list price of a $1,299.00 Action by 10% is an additional $129.90. Raising it by 27% is an additional $350.73.

"Suffering" a $40.00 material cost increase, but charging an additional $350.73 is pretty good work if you can get it. ;)

So no, I don't buy it. Not even remotely so.

Last edited:
Came early. Tracking said Monday. Pretty fucking quick considering it was ordered Tuesday and shipped wed or Thu.

The tenacity was the action that was under $1000 right?

Attachments

• 64229E72-179A-4D9F-972A-A0A67FD99961.jpeg
    64229E72-179A-4D9F-972A-A0A67FD99961.jpeg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 207
Came early. Tracking said Monday. Pretty fucking quick considering it was ordered Tuesday and shipped wed or Thu.

The tenacity was the action that was under $1000 right?
Yeah the tenacity was the basic bitch no frills $899 then $999 action or something.