• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance not hitting primer center?

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
I was testing some loads today and noticed the firing pin isn’t hitting dead center on the primer. Will this cause any ignition or accuracy issues?

Attachments

• 1E903E95-5FA4-4F91-B383-A8EA074844DB.jpeg
    1E903E95-5FA4-4F91-B383-A8EA074844DB.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 146
Damn my $160 Hi Point's primer strikes are better centered than that! :ROFLMAO:

Just messing with you, I dont have a Hi Point,

It will be fine, but with that said I would think for what Defiance charges for an action you
expect better.

• Haha
Reactions: diderr
You think they missed centering the chamber by .030

Edit: But anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllenOne1
You think they missed centering the chamber by .030

Edit: But anything is possible.
Maybe! It’s a proof prefit. I thought it was maybe a brass issue until I looked closer at my large rifle primer cased once fired and it’s on there too. Just not as noticeable as it is with small rifle brass

Attachments

• 3570A45A-A470-4D54-B6FD-F97539C013BD.jpeg
    3570A45A-A470-4D54-B6FD-F97539C013BD.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 56
What does the target tell you? Most of my prefits have off center primer strikes. It’s no big deal. “ I still shoot 2moa all day long if I do my part”🤣

The unbelievably dumb shit people focus on...............

SMFH
I mean it’s over a $4,000 rifle build minus optic. Every other gun I’ve ever owned has hit primers dead center from the most to least expensive. As long as it doesnt effect anything I don’t care. Just want an accurate/ dependable tool. The hangfire I had is a little unnerving but I can’t 100% say it’s directly related to the off center primer strikes

I mean it’s over a $4,000 rifle build minus optic. Every other gun I’ve ever owned has hit primers dead center from the most to least expensive. As long as it doesnt effect anything I don’t care. Just want an accurate/ dependable tool. The hangfire I had is a little unnerving but I can’t 100% say it’s directly related to the off center primer strikes
Has nothing to do with off center strikes. My r700 routinely strikes the primer off-center and stacks rounds and functions flawlessly. Hang fires can be either ammo (bad primer, powder) or worn/dirty firing pin and/or spring, among other things.

Is your pin off-center on just these reloads or all ammo including factory stuff?

Reactions: diderr
Has nothing to do with off center strikes. My r700 routinely strikes the primer off-center and stacks rounds and functions flawlessly. Hang fires can be either ammo (bad primer, powder) or worn/dirty firing pin and/or spring, among other things.

Is your pin off-center on just these reloads or all ammo including factory stuff?
With factory and brand new alpha brass reloads