• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Ruckus

Thank you @Defiance Machine …. Also trying to discern the difference between the Ruckus ultralight and the Anti-X; they look very similar to me (more machining on the anti-x but longer front rail), and I want to order the right one for my first custom bolt action rifle.

Are there other substantive differences re: how they function?

Despite owning a couple most of my life, I’m a bolt action novice and still learning.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Last edited:
Thank you @Defiance Machine …. Also trying to discern the difference between the Ruckus ultralight and the Anti-X; they look very similar to me (more machining on the anti-x but longer front rail), and I want to order the right one for my first custom bolt action rifle.

Despite owning a couple most of my life, I’m a bolt action novice and still learning.

I have the same question. I'm pretty sure the Ruckus will still have a steel bolt shroud where the AntiX is aluminum. I'm debating a Ruckus GA Hunter vs. an AntiX since that actually seems to be the closest in function; the ultralight has the pic rail cut down even further and may present a challenge for some scopes. There's more weight there, but it may/may not be worth it depending on how much of a 'feel' difference it makes. I've got AntiXs on hand so know what those are like, but no Ruckus GA Hunter to A/B with. I'd love impressions on cycling rounds and things of that nature.

As already stated, we use an aluminum shroud on the anTi X. The rail sections are longer on the anTi X and more similar to our Ruckus/Deviant GA Hunter, however, we have milled out areas in the rail sections, recoil lug, receiver, and bolt handle to shed weight, and the anTi X comes standard with deep bolt flutes (although you can order the ultralight with deep flutes as well). As far as function, there are no substantive differences, and they both function almost identical, with the anTi X being the lightest of our offerings.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Defiance medium nitrided actions (700 SA length):

Ruckus GA Hunter with hollowed bolt knob:

1638848198387.jpeg

anTi-X is 22.4 oz.

Defiance medium nitrided actions (700 SA length):

Ruckus GA Hunter with hollowed bolt knob:

View attachment 7755441

anTi-X is 22.4 oz.
Mine is 22.36oz so can confirm. Thank you for the measurements! Have you handled both actions? I’m curious how you’d compare the feel of the actions when cycling both in bolt lift/close effort as well as chambering rounds.

Mine is 22.36oz so can confirm. Thank you for the measurements! Have you handled both actions? I’m curious how you’d compare the feel of the actions when cycling both in bolt lift/close effort as well as chambering rounds.
👍
I’ve handled both actions but have only shot the ruckus. The anTiX is awaiting my decision on what to build. I have to say the nitrided Ruckus is very smooth,
smoother than my cerakoted Templar/Rebel actions. Using it with a 308 and it is smooth but solid. Has shallower depth flutes than the anTiX.

Reactions: ormandj
I think I might pick up two Ruckus GA Hunters and just deal with the extra 5oz. I liked the AntiX a lot and if I was building a pure hunting rifle, the 5oz might be worth it. For something that will see range time too, I’d prefer the Ruckus if it runs smoother/has better bolt open/close feel/etc - that’s why I was asking your impressions since you’ve had time with both. I suspect just the extra mass in the bolt alone with the shallower fluting makes a decent difference.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
@Defiance Machine can the x-long tactical knurled bolt handle be had without the knurling, but instead the rings like the anTi bolt handle, or smooth?

I hope that my Ruckus is getting built this month? (y)🤞🙏, we use the Ruckus for our sniper rifle builds and it's just a well built action. Great company

Reactions: TACC
what is the difference in the ruckus vs their other line ups

In a brief nutshell, you're primarily comparing the differences between the Ruckus and our Deviant and anTi X. In regards to the difference between the Ruckus and the anTi X, the anTi X is our lightest offering, and you'll have fewer options due to the design meant to keep it as light as possible. Once you elect for certain options, we just move it into the Ruckus or Deviant category, since it's no longer an anTi X you're really building anymore. As for the differences between the Ruckus and the Deviant, the main differences are simply that the Ruckus has a guaranteed headspace and different bolt handle design. That, and then obviously the pricing. The Ruckus starts at just $1230 w/ additional bolts being $275, and the Deviant starts at $1330 w/ additional bolts $350. The Deviant does also have the Elite option, that has an extended front scope rail, barrel threads, bedding surface, and CRF, however, we really view the Elite as a separate action line on it's own, and that's usually something the shooter specifically requests seeking those specific features.

Last edited:
Getting ready to build my first as well here.

Lots of info and experience here thanks.

Also definitely appreciate the manufacturer chiming in and adding info where needed.

That in itself has convinced me to start with a Ruckus and go from there.

Well Merry Christmas to me, my Ruckus showed up and should be in my hands in a week. BIG kudos to Defiance for getting it done, I know they had some loooong build times. Stay safe troops.

They really are great over there. They've been enormously helpful as I plan out the two latest actions - I've been very impressed. I've had a lot of questions related to other experiences, and so far they've handled them all with grace and tolerance, hah! @Defiance Machine

Post some pictures and impressions once you get things up and running.

Well all that's left is the scope & rings, both on "lay away" to avoid "supply chain" issues.
I'm used to "truing" the REM action, which takes some set up. However, now just having to cut the chamber & FH, builds go much faster.
More to follow. 🍻😎👍

Reactions: ormandj
That looks great! Is that with the Guardian (AW/AICS) cut? Mind taking a picture of the feed ramp from top/bottom?

Also, bear in mind, an extra bolt assembly for the Ruckus is now only $275, rather than $350. For someone looking to swap barrels and calibers, who doesn't need some of the customizations of the Deviant, but still wants to maintain the one-piece bolt design, it's a smoking deal.
I've chimed in on this thread before. I have a Deviant Hunter and most recently an anTi, and potentially looking at another

Not sure if @Defiance Machine has commented on it, but will Proof Pre-fits for the Ruckus also fit the anTI?

will Proof Pre-fits for the Ruckus also fit the anTI?
Yes I have two like this. Timing isn't perfect and the markings are not visible once put in a stock. Not sure why action manufacturers can't keep timing between models but they work and headspace correctly. I guess at least they aren't 180deg off like a Bighorn Origin and TL3.

Last edited:
Yes I have two like this. Timing isn't perfect and the markings are not visible once put in a stock. Not sure why vendors can't keep timing between models but they work and headspace correctly. I guess at least they aren't 180deg off like a Bighorn Origin and TL3.
Info much appreciated. Looks like I'll be ordering another anTi.

I have 2 Proof pre-fits on Tikka actions. The shanks are marked at least 2x if not 3x around its radius. On both of mine, the caliber marking ended up above the stock line - one on the left; one on the right.

Finally have it all together for an Antelope hunt this fall. Barrel "break in" next and then paint.
6.5PRC

BpiLoYj.jpg

Reactions: kthomas
In a brief nutshell, you're primarily comparing the differences between the Ruckus and our Deviant and anTi X. In regards to the difference between the Ruckus and the anTi X, the anTi X is our lightest offering, and you'll have fewer options due to the design meant to keep it as light as possible. Once you elect for certain options, we just move it into the Ruckus or Deviant category, since it's no longer an anTi X you're really building anymore. As for the differences between the Ruckus and the Deviant, the main differences are simply that the Ruckus has a guaranteed headspace and different bolt handle design. That, and then obviously the pricing. The Ruckus starts at just $1230 w/ additional bolts being $275, and the Deviant starts at $1330 w/ additional bolts $350. The Deviant does also have the Elite option, that has an extended front scope rail, barrel threads, bedding surface, and CRF, however, we really view the Elite as a separate action line on it's own, and that's usually something the shooter specifically requests seeking those specific features.
Can a ruckus GA hunter be ordered with the anti X cuts? for example if someone wanted the thicker bolt handle .430 did over .350.