• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Dell Axim X5 for a Ballistic PDA Question

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
Dell Axim X5, is anyone running one of these? whats your opinions on the device for a ballistic tool.

Re: Dell Axim X5 for a Ballistic PDA Question

I don't use one (anymore) for ballistics, but I did use one almost everyday at my last job. We used them for email/communication while we were out of the office or out on the floor. Mine worked fine and took a bit of abuse.

For ballistics though, I'd buy a used iPhone 3GS or 4 or even a recent gen model itouch for a hand held ballistics device. The new Shooter app is very good. I was a Ballistics FTE fan, but the new Shooter app has won me over.

I'm running a Dell Axim X50 with the Nightforce Exbal program and I like it a lot. It's easy to use and very affordable compared to the more expensive units, not saying it will take the abuse of the higher cost units but I've had no problems with it although I'm not very hard on my stuff like others.

Dell axim x51v is great. look for the windows mobile 6 + on ebay or other sites. You want that 624Mhz to run Atrag or FFS DeltaIV, link a BT Kestrel and external GPS for live feed atmospherics and user pos. Got mine with M1000 GPS for 165.00.

I run exbal on an Axim. Runs the software with no problems. Extra batteries are nice and can be picked up cheap on line.

I used to use a x5, but have retired it for my phone with Shooter. The X5 worked well, but I got tired of keeping two devices charged and ready to go. If anyone wants a used x5, I'd sell mine.