• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delta Stryker 1-10X28 and 3.5-21X44 reticle and Spec. details.

Day light illumination looks to be the hardest thing to get right on the high map LPVOs.
Seems as though either a dual focal design (like March) or refractive illumination (Razor 1-10) is the only solution.

I wonder if companies are knowingly "cheaping out" on illumination as most people don't actually care about it, or if they aren't conciously making the decision and just doing what the OEM offers as standard.

Day light illumination looks to be the hardest thing to get right on the high map LPVOs.
Seems as though either a dual focal design (like March) or refractive illumination (Razor 1-10) is the only solution.

I wonder if companies are knowingly "cheaping out" on illumination as most people don't actually care about it, or if they aren't conciously making the decision and just doing what the OEM offers as standard.
That's diffractive, not refractive. Adding it into a scope is not trivial since it is only available from one company at the moment (IMT). You have to get your OEM to work with that company. The reticle illumination system itself costs some extra money and then the scope had to be designed to accommodate IMT's reticle module.

ILya

That's diffractive, not refractive. Adding it into a scope is not trivial since it is only available from one company at the moment (IMT). You have to get your OEM to work with that company. The reticle illumination system itself costs some extra money and then the scope had to be designed to accommodate IMT's reticle module.

ILya
Sorry diffractive (I had a feeling I was wrong as I typed that).

I was aware that the technology was considerably more expensive than the usual method and thus why Delta, Eotech, etc don't use the technology.
Which was why I wonder if they actual consider it as an option and choose not to knowning people will complain about the illuminiation, or if it doesn't even cross their minds.

Not a critism of Delta as such, more curious as to the decision making, as the question of daylight bright illumination always comes up in relation to LPVOs.

Last edited:
Sorry diffractive (I had a feeling I was wrong as I typed that).

I was aware that the technology was considerably more expensive than the usual method and thus why Delta, Eotech, etc don't use the technology.
Which was why I wonder if they actual consider it as an option and choose not to knowning people will complain about the illuminiation, or if it doesn't even cross their minds.

Not a critism of Delta as such, more curious as to the decision making, as the question of daylight bright illumination always comes up in relation to LPVOs.
I do not have any insight into the decision making. I am sure it is a part of the discussion. I suspect that the increased price is a major concern.

Everyone complains about illumination, but how many people would actually pay extra $400 - $500 for it? How would that hit the sales numbers?

ILya

I do not have any insight into the decision making. I am sure it is a part of the discussion. I suspect that the increased price is a major concern.

Everyone complains about illumination, but how many people would actually pay extra $400 - $500 for it? How would that hit the sales numbers?

ILya
That's what I wonder, I'm guessing like always there's a few noisy people bitching about it but doesn't effect sales as much as a the $500 price increase would.

Other than the illumination "issue" it looks like a pretty well rounded LPVO.

You said the 1-10 is lacking a zero stop, surely this is a mistake?

Also you mentioned the elevation turret on the 3.5-21 isn't locking? That seems like an odd choice for a scope that's kinda destined for hunting use.

You said the 1-10 is lacking a zero stop, surely this is a mistake?

Also you mentioned the elevation turret on the 3.5-21 isn't locking? That seems like an odd choice for a scope that's kinda destined for hunting use.

1-10x28 has a tree reticle, so the idea is to use that for holdover most of the time and keep the turrets as compact as possible.

3.5-21x44 elevation turret has a zero stop, so checking if you are still zeroed is pretty straightforward. So far, the elevation turret has not shifted on me despite some fairly spirited abuse. It is a new perfect crossover scope, so I expect it to be used for everything from hunting to precision. Think of it as a Mark 5 3.6-18x44 except with better mag range, better parallax range, better reticle selection, better image quality and better consumer price (for the illuminated version).

ILya

1-10x28 has a tree reticle, so the idea is to use that for holdover most of the time and keep the turrets as compact as possible.

3.5-21x44 elevation turret has a zero stop, so checking if you are still zeroed is pretty straightforward. So far, the elevation turret has not shifted on me despite some fairly spirited abuse. It is a new perfect crossover scope, so I expect it to be used for everything from hunting to precision. Think of it as a Mark 5 3.6-18x44 except with better mag range, better parallax range, better reticle selection, better image quality and better consumer price (for the illuminated version).

ILya
The 3.5-21 should be here Monday. The dlr reticle looks perfect.

Reactions: eveyoz

ILya
I'm not suggesting I disagree with the reasons behind these choices but they aren't the choices I'd have made.

No zero stop on the 1-10 is kinda crazy, maybe it was physically impossible to do inflow profile turret. But seems like a big oof to me.

No locking elevation on the 3.5-21 is a smaller oof, but could they have atleast made the turret less crazy tall.

I don't mind the tall turrets on my 4.5-30 Stryker, keeping the height but loosing the lock is ass about face IMO.

I still look forward to your review.

It takes my interest from a 10 down to maybe a 5 or 6.
I appreciate there are always compromises that need to be made.
I just think a zero stop and daylight bright illumination were the wrong compromises.

I can only assume companies do a tonne of market research and know better than us lowly forum dwellers.

Dang... that 1X would be so much more usable if they cut the ring diameter in half and made the ring significantly thicker. I do like the tree part of the reticle.

IMO having a reticle that is rapid to acquire at 1X is a must have for an LPVO. If your LPVO lacks daylight bright illumination, that makes it all the more critical.

I appreciate there are always compromises that need to be made.
I just think a zero stop and daylight bright illumination were the wrong compromises.

I can only assume companies do a tonne of market research and know better than us lowly forum dwellers.
This it what I'll never be able to wrap my head around.

Some of these companies ( i'm looking at you also,Leupold) must be so out of tune with what's going on.

Maybe someday, hopefully the younger enthusiast who frequent these forums and others will be working for these companies as a rep and maybe we'll see some changes.

Reactions: beetroot
considering a shorty for my air rifle (for 10m parallax) but i think i am going to get a delta and then rationalize it by insisting that i saved money,

Dang... that 1X would be so much more usable if they cut the ring diameter in half and made the ring significantly thicker. I do like the tree part of the reticle.

IMO having a reticle that is rapid to acquire at 1X is a must have for an LPVO. If your LPVO lacks daylight bright illumination, that makes it all the more critical.
That video from SupersetCA above does make it look like the circle is way to big (diameter).

If you make the ring smaller, it will still be visible on higher magnifications. That kinda messes with the sight picture. The way it is sized, the large ring disappears from view around 6x. In actual use, it works surprisingly well. I would probably make it a little thicker, but leave the diameter as is.

ILya

Reactions: adamjma
There seems to be a discrepancy over the weight of the 3.5-21x44, Delta had different weights listed from earlier specs vs. current specs, anyone who has one in hand, can you weigh and send the results, thank you.

1698453686369.png

Last edited:
Has that simpler DLR-1 reticle been mentioned before? I only remember the DPRC-1.

If they had replicated the tree from the larger scope I probably would have gone that way, will go with the simpler recticle. It's hard enough spotting misses at decent distances without half your field of view around centre obscured.

Annex Defense seems to stock Delta Strykers. Anyone order from them no problem?

Just got my 3.5 x 21 on Saturday. Shipped the day of payment and for me no shipping or tax. Even got a Delta hat with it !
I'll look to Annex in the future
Cheers
Thanks for the info! Any Hide discount? Which reticle did you get?

I got my 1-10x from Annex last week. Great buying experience and will be back. Probably got the 3.5-21x.

I have the mark5 and hearing that the Delta Stryker is better from the DLO makes my cringe. Now I have to get one. I love the mag range.

I’m getting a 3.5-21 from Don at Annex, great guy to talk with, he’s got some cool gadgets too. Picked up one of his Atlas cant levers last year, great little tool. DLO knows him too, I would say buy with confidence.

I got my 1-10x this week from ED Gun West. For my purpose its perfect, I didn't need a daylight bright reticle and I prefer the Delta reticle over the Eotech Vudu. Have it mounted on my LMT MWS.
T0gMzgh.jpg

Went ahead and ordered the 3.5-21x44 with the tree reticle from Don and he shipped it out right away. Should be here in a couple of days. He was out of the non tree reticle scopes but said those should be in stock in a few days.

Reactions: JulianD
I'm really liking my 1-10x and very tempted to go on the 3.5-21x with the tree reticle.

Let us know how you like it.

Reactions: JulianD
There seems to be a discrepancy over the weight of the 3.5-21x44, Delta had different weights listed from earlier specs vs. current specs, anyone who has one in hand, can you weigh and send the results, thank you.

View attachment 8258759
Mine comes in at 28.35 ounces (803.71 grams).

My box did not contain a sunshade and does not appear to have provision for one. I went on the hunt in the safes to find one that would fit. So far the 2" sunshades from a Bushnell LRTSi 3-12x44, Bushnell LRHSi 4.5-18x44, and Sightmark Pinnacle 3-18x44 fit perfectly. The Sightmark version is a perfect color match.

Edit: I ordered a Zeiss Z4 44mm sunshade and, despite being made by LOW, it does not fit. I think I might try the Trijicon Tenmile sunshade also.
All is not lost since the Zeiss 44mm does fit my Gen 1 Sig Tango 4 4-16x44. Previously I'd used a Gen 1 Vortex Viper HS-T 4" sunshade on the Sig and it was a bit too long. I'll be retiring that 4" sunshade now.

EDIT 2: I just received a 3" Trijicon Tenmile 44mm sunshade (Part # AC21023) and it fits perfectly.

Last edited:
Did you get a manual with the scope? Mine didn't come with one. Sent Annex an email about it but got no reply.

Yup it's a nice scope. I'm going to order another one for another AR.
Mine is going on a CZ 457 (17 HMR). This is a very versatile optic. I almost decided to put it on a Defiance Anti/.280ai Bartlein in an MDT HNT26. It's definitely nice enough for a fancy bolt action (hunting or precision), DMR-type semi auto, or an accurate rimfire. I can't really think of a mid or long range application where it wouldn't work well.

Reactions: Fret
DLO (ILya Koshkin) has one on his 308 Fix and he seems to like it a lot and thinks Leupold should be worried.

We did reply, but according to our email tracking you haven't opened our reply :cool:
You're right!! Sorry about that. It went to my spam folder for some reason even though I received messages from you before.

Last edited:
Picked mine up today, glass is fantastic, can hold eye box freehand if I'm careful at max power so shouldn't be any problem at all on a rifle. Resistance of mag ring and parallax is much lighter than my 4.5-30 which is good, don't know if I'll bother with the throw lever.

I was tossing up just using rings or getting a unimount with another 20MOA elevation. Plan is to put in on a Savage impulse big game in 7PRC, should hit a mile several milliradians inside elevation range just off the 20MOA on the action so grabbed rings to start with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fret
Just a quick heads up... the battery that came from the factory in the 1-10x is very weak. Swapped that out and the 1-10x is what i would consider daylight bright now. Not razor/nightforce blinding bright but the closest ive seen

Reactions: Glassaholic
Just a quick heads up... the battery that came from the factory in the 1-10x is very weak. Swapped that out and the 1-10x is what i would consider daylight bright now. Not razor/nightforce blinding bright but the closest ive seen
That's interesting. Wonder if the battery in the SupersetCA video was also weak?