• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Demo how to cut foam in rifle case from Optics Planet

Most decent sized cities have places that sell foam. I found one in Portland, Oregon that had all sorts of various kinds of foam, and it was cheap enough that I bought a whole bunch of dark grey foam to make a number of various cut out inserts for a Pelican hard case.
What? A business still open and not just ashes?

• Haha
Reactions: jinxx4ever
I haven't cut any gun case inserts but, I've cut many camera and instrument case inserts.

Placing the foam in a freezer for a time will stiffen the foam and make for an easier and more accurate cut. Also, I replaced the foam that came with Halliburton and Pelican cases with Ensolite foam. It's much higher density and offers more protection.

I don't know if any have experienced this.. dropping a Pelican case in extreme cold weather can crack the case plastic. I've not had this happen but, I was warned by others who had problems.

Snip
Ensolite PVC-NBR-CR is an energy absorbing foam originally developed by NASA to protect pressure from damage. It has virtually 100% memory and is waterproof.

I've no connection to this vendor.

Last edited:
my case has them foam squares that ya remove till ya have the shape of the gun . constantly breaking some lose then to be gluing them back into place