• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deputy Shoots Muslim

I'd say thr Officer did a good job. Honestly, I wouldn’t have let him get that close. I’d have shot him much sooner. The officer is actually lucky imo. You don’t want anyone with a knife getting that close in a confrontation if at all possible.

i checked.....it was someone else who over estimated the effectiveness of the taser. all i can tell ya Hoss, is step up to bat. you’ll see an entirely new side of things.

By "legal ramifications" do you mean possibly having a few days paid vacation at worse and then any problems are paid for by the taxpayers?

You and i both know that aint quite the way it goes down for most involved in a shooting. Although i do wonder about the 24 year old fbi agent that did a backflip and the nightclub and had his gun fall out, discharge, and hit someone in the leg. I hope to shit he was fired, sued, and charged with criminal negligance. Here’s to hoping....

For every cop who’s quick on the trigger, there’s about 10,000 of these types who give commands over and over, and let the guy get too close, before using deadly force. It’s just the way it is. Could/should he have shot sooner, ya sure, but he did great if you ask me.

I’ve been a taser instructor for almost ten years, and it correctly stayed in the holster in this incident.

Those vids really piss me off because it just shows how fucking ass backwards cops are in this country. Cops will open fire on someone even if they're not a threat, but yet when someone is clearly being a threat to the cop, the cop will play all nice and give repeated chances for the attacker to stop and be hesitant to shoot.

It angers me that this fellow put the officer in the position of having to shoot him. A taser would not be a good choice with a knife wielding person that close, and with his loose clothing as it is very likely that one of the barbs wouldn't make contact, and the taser wouldn't work, then it would be too late to draw his pistol before he got cut or stabbed. Shooting was the right choice, but it still angers me that the officer now will have to deal with having shot this fellow.

A close friend of mine was a police officer in Oregon and had to shoot a knife wielder in an alley, and said he had no repercussions from the shooting. He was on the traumatic incident counseling team for officers throughout the state and would get sent to help officers who were involved in shootings. With that said, he was a Viet Nam veteran and was involved in plenty in Viet Nam, so I imagine that gave him a different perspective than someone who was never involved in "save your life" shootings many times before.

Reactions: stello1001
Maybe I'll get a lot of heat and maybe I'll be the only one with such an opinion. But the cop could have used his taser. There's a reason why they say not to ever take a knife to a gun fight, that's because you won't stand a chance. In this case, the knife carrying Muslim didn't stand a chance to the cop so...

Anyhow, I do agree that the Muslim was only asking for trouble.

To help with some insight.

I’ll give you a duty belt with a taser on your weak side (that you may or may not draw with your strong side. My agency’s policy says strong side draw onlh, but I personally prefer weak side taser use).

And a handgun on your strong side.

Across from you I’ll give a guy a knife.

You get to choose whether you trust your aim, training, proficiency, and Murphy to attempt to use your taser. Or to use your sidearm.

Wrong choice, at best you’re cut all to shit and at worst, you die from knife wounds.

The choice is yours.

Still have no clue, I'd have to see to remember.

Found the thread. Seattle. Nutbag POS beheaded a woman and then tried to advance on officers with the murder weapon. POS got dirt-napped:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/seattle-yikes.6928116/

Got to say this once again...Having seen the kind of damage a knife in the hands of a determined person can do, Tasers and hand-to-hand are NOT what I ever want to have to use against a knifer. As soon as a son of a bitch pulls out a knife and that knife is visible in his hands, I am going to put at least 2 shots right into his chest, right there. The effectiveness of these initial shots to neutralize the threat will determine if additional rounds are necessary. It will be justified use of lethal force and the justification will be that knife in his hands.

In countries around the world with very strict gun laws, knife attacks by terrorists and mentally disturbed individuals are a MAJOR problem. A knifer on a rampage in a target rich environment where no one else is armed is able to inflict just as much damage as a mass shooter.

In a place where we are legally able to use firearms for defense, there is absolutely no excuse for any of us, in a well prepared state of being, to fuck up that badly and allow some POS with a knife to get within contact range.

When you are training with your defensive carry handgun, make unholstering exercises an essential part of your routine. If you have to struggle even for 0.5 seconds to disengage a retaining latch or get your pistol snagged on a part of the holster or clothing as you are trying to bring the weapon up to level, that can be the last thing you will ever do if a lethal threat is actively gaining ground on you.

Last edited:
Even if there are two or more officers, one with taser and other with handgun.

Do you trust your reaction time, skill under pressure, etc, so much that you can save your buddy with the taser before he gets stabbed?

Do you trust your buddy’s skill enough to attempt the taser?

I don’t.

Last edited:
Finally a video of sane policeman doing his job properly. Calm, assertive voice and keeping distance as it should and not going apeshit screaming and spending three magazines before wiping his soiled ass.

Fair and square shoot and even aftermath was as it should be without unneeded or uncalled for roughness or panic regardless of who the perp is.

Finally a video of sane policeman doing his job properly. Calm, assertive voice and keeping distance as it should and not going apeshit screaming and spending three magazines before wiping his soiled ass.

Fair and square shoot and even aftermath was as it should be without unneeded or uncalled for roughness or panic regardless of who the perp is.

Unfortunately, usually the videos like this don’t get national attention. Not much the media can do with it to get outrage/ratings.

Reactions: Dirty D
I would not have continued to warn him that "I will shoot you". In a deadly force encounter, no warning is required, so even the first warning was a very generous courtesy for the knife wielder. One step after that warning, and I probably would have shot...he already received one more warning than was necessary.

Deputy shoots Muslim

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Good Shoot?

I really wonder how this POS got in the US..... I know , I know.
Thanks for the post I seen it here first! I was in the middle of posting went to the cooler the story was on national news short clip (highly edited) apparently this was from 7 Jan. Amazing it took that long. Gotta love the media?