• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Describe Your Work

Sorry for bumping, but I wonder how many people here changed their professions. I've recently realized that I don't want to work in my sphere anymore. And I even chose another career path, but I understand that it might be difficult, especially from a financial point of view. But still, the idea of having a job I'll enjoy seems to be right.

If you have the financial means then do it, you only get one go around (unless you believe in reincarnation).

I made a change to management for job security and a pay increase....wasn't worth it for me personally but it benefits the family.

Find something you enjoy or don't hate vehemently and do that.

Sorry for bumping, but I wonder how many people here changed their professions. I've recently realized that I don't want to work in my sphere anymore. And I even chose another career path, but I understand that it might be difficult, especially from a financial point of view. But still, the idea of having a job I'll enjoy seems to be right.
You aren't sorry for bumping, you're just another fucking spammer. There is absolutely zero fucking chance you joined a precision firearm forum to honestly talk about making a career change.

Go fuck yourself with a telephone pole, long and hard.

You aren't sorry for bumping, you're just another fucking spammer. There is absolutely zero fucking chance you joined a precision firearm forum to honestly talk about making a career change.

Go fuck yourself with a telephone pole, long and hard.
Ah shit I fell for it.

Reactions: Redmanss
Monitor and analyze system performance metrics to inform design, implementation and tuning of performance/latency critical systems.

Edit: and that's what I get for not reading the entire thread....

Go away. Now. And take your friend Ranger 3/75 with you.

I’m the reason Gen 5 fighters are so expensive.

Least that’s what my employer says

I get paid to take shit apart. My boss makes me put it back together.

I make the things that move the nation.

With little to instruction, and what little instruction i have, is in the wrong english language.
I then proceed to put it together blindly, with little to no tools, using my improper instruction..only to be criticized by people who cant do the job and dont know how.
At the same time i run around gathering information that will never be used then attend meetings about the information that nobody will do anything with...
Meanwhile i put out fires, wrangle cats, and argue tirelessly with people who dont understand the argument.

Sometimes i make sparky sparks.... my actual job.

Shred

I destroy the most important devices in our society so they can become newer versions of the most important devices.

I’m a redneck who uses chemistry everyday to turn various chemicals into a lightly viscous, amber colored liquid that cures into a translucent and frangible solid. I have to wear a respirator during parts of the cook. The govt puts very tight restrictions on my line of work. Sometimes it feels like they’re trying to eradicate my career choice. But I have all of my teeth and what I do is legal.

I convert time and noise into money, by pushing buttons that activate a multitude of high RPM spinny things, to create much, much, larger whirlygigs.

Reactions: Faronth
I spend hours upon days upon weeks bored out of my fucking mind interspersed with moments of sheer terror. I get paid very good money for those moments.

OPWI
Other People With Issues.
They deliver said issue to me for defenestration with alacrity.
I also like peanut butter.

I draw pictures, to make sure the proper amount of electrons move along a copper wire per unit of time, specifically where people want them. I also make sure the proper amount of pressure of those same electrons is applied where people want them.

I sit in meetings for planning conferences, then travel to do overwatch for experiments...pretty much on par with what I did as a Senior NCO in the military...but now they pay me a lot more money, and give me even less responsibility.

I draw pictures, to make sure the proper amount of electrons move along a copper wire per unit of time, specifically where people want them. I also make sure the proper amount of pressure of those same electrons is applied where people want them.
So, you work for that mean old guy, Kirchoff? A disciple of Ohm?

I was going college, starting at UT @ Arlington with a EE major in 1982. Never had the money to finish. But I did get into herding them slippery electrons hither and thither. And plenty of that time was actually in excavation to place conduits below ground to get from point A to point B.

Other times, installing devices that do their own things with electrons and pressure. Other times, finding out why electrons were not doing as expected.

But the last few days, my job has been surviving. I have just had a short stint in the hospital for what turned out to be gastroenteritis.

You know, I had a gut feeling .....

So, you work for that mean old guy, Kirchoff? A disciple of Ohm?

I was going college, starting at UT @ Arlington with a EE major in 1982. Never had the money to finish. But I did get into herding them slippery electrons hither and thither. And plenty of that time was actually in excavation to place conduits below ground to get from point A to point B.

Other times, installing devices that do their own things with electrons and pressure. Other times, finding out why electrons were not doing as expected.

But the last few days, my job has been surviving. I have just had a short stint in the hospital for what turned out to be gastroenteritis.

You know, I had a gut feeling .....

82' huh? This should mean something to you then..."Bad boys raped our young girls but violet gives willingly"?....before the world went woke, they actually taught this in college.

82' huh? This should mean something to you then..."Bad boys raped our young girls but violet gives willingly"?....before the world went woke, they actually taught this in college.
My step-grandfather was an electronics tech in the Army between Korea and Vietnam. And he taught me that mnemonic when I was 11. That is when he started handing me his one year old copies of the Radio Amateur's Handbook. And the latest best explanation on transistor theory. He was teaching me the shortcut to single variable differential and integral calculus, as well as some Boolean algebra and logic. When I was 12, he got me high school level books on Einstein's special fearing of relatives, I mean, Special and General Theories of Relativity.

I had thought of getting into higher level engineering and I lived and still live in the right place for it, the home base of E Systems, Texas Instruments, Raytheon. I had a few low level assembly jobs here and there. And I had half the credits necessary to an engineer degree but not quite an Associates in technology. I also spent time blowing curves at community college. At Eastfield, I got a 98 in Active Devices, never done before, ever.

Same with Sinusoidal Circuits, a 102.3 average (I did extra credit all the time.)

But none of that matters. The one kind of job I could get because they will hire anyone tough enough to dig and climb ladders is electrical work. So, I painted myself into a corner by getting a master license. It's hard to get hired anywhere because people have this thing about that license. It is just a card. It means I achieved at least 75 percent on 100 questions in 5 hours. I had a journeyman license before that. So, you could say, I have successfully used the NEC book twice.

Now, I work at a company where I tell other guys to dig.

Along the way I have done security work requiring wearing a weapon and having a state commission to carry a firearm. I had even thought of being a police officer and I could have succeeded at that but it was just not what I wanted to do with my life.

I taught myself to play guitar and sing but I have never had the drive to go off and be a starving rock star.

I cut up people's bodies with precision radio waves using their own protons and show other people what I have done.

I work in the oil patch. Please don't tell my family, they think I'm the piano player in a negro cathouse.