• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech TRASOL Official Thread

Trasol for Android seems to work without issue on Android 11, so means relagated to older devices if you want it to work for now unless are lucky.

One of the reasons that I reluctantly stick with the iPhone, is the consistency of apps on that platform. I’m not a fan of Apple’s imperious attitude towards the market, but TRASOL is an example OF WHY IPHONES JUST WORK, NEVER MIND THE RESALE VALUE ISSUE.

SORRY FOR THE all caps MY IPHONE DID THAT LOL. IN ANY CASE, TRASOL REMAINS THE MOST USER-FRIENDLY BALLISTICS SOLVER AND IT GETS ME ON TARGET OUT TO 3200 YARDS. PROBABLY FURTHER, BUT THAT’S AS FAR AS I SHOOT WHEN I RUN OUT OF ELEVATION IN MY SCOPE

I frequently recommend either applied ballistics, or TRASOL, and a lot of guys just buy both, and they immediately gravitate to TRASOL because of how intuitive and user-friendly it is.

Unfortunately, Desert Tech has had a hard time keeping up with updating the app. That is a shame and I hope they re-double their efforts. It has the potential to be the best and most used app on the market if only they could keep their head in the game.

It is a game after all, and you have to stay on top of it and devote the resources to it. This is my plea to Desert Tech to keep at it.

Desert Tech abandoned the TRASOL app a long time ago.

The iPhone app received more updates (I wonder why) than the version for Android.

Hello all, quick question here. I just downloaded Trasol for my iPhone. Going through the program I’ve noticed I can’t find a way to enter environmentals. Is there other way to do this or is there a way for it to connect to my kestrel?

Just picked up a Samsung s23 and the damn app won't work.
Deano
Deano my man, I have the same phone and the same issue. I went back from my old phone and did a direct transfer to my new phone. If that makes sense or a app saver and then downloading it. Took 20 tries opening and closing the app to get it to work. Now I open it once or twice to get it to work

Reactions: xdeano
Deano my man, I have the same phone and the same issue. I went back from my old phone and did a direct transfer to my new phone. If that makes sense or a app saver and then downloading it. Took 20 tries opening and closing the app to get it to work. Now I open it once or twice to get it to work
Thanks waveslayer! Flippin electronic! Appreciate the help man.

Just sent to DT re: TRASOL. We'll see if they respond

"Hi, I'm a local long range shooter, been using the HTI SRS and TRASOL since they first came out!

TRASOL has a small oversight that is easily fixed. For the scope correction factor, it only allows 3 decimals. That means if you know your scope is off by just 0.5%, meaning instead of coming up 0.1 MRAD it comes up 0.0995 MRAD, the "5" in the 4th decimal position is lost, and you may as well not use the feature, because when it rounds to 0.099 (which it does!), you now have exactly the same error but in the opposite direction! So the feature only helps guys with crappy scopes that have greater than 1% tracking error. Simple fix too, just add another decimal!

One other thing is that you ought to be able to lock the output units (MOA/MRAD) for the ballistic solution for each gun. For example, I shoot with guys using both MOA and MRAD, and right now if I select MRAD for one gun and then change to a gun with a scope that's in MOA (and the inputs for each rifle even specify MOA or MRAD on the rifle setup screen!), it defaults to the prior MRAD setting for the new gun output, which, if I'm not paying attention, I tell the MOA shooter "come up 1.0!" but he dials MOA rather than MRAD because he's shooting an MOA scope. If a gun is set up with an MRAD (or MOA) scope in the setup screen, all ballistic output under that gun should be in MRAD (or MOA). I don't know why somebody would even want the option to change the output on the ballistic screen (e.g. report output in MRAD for a gun setup in trasol with an MOA scope), but if the option is there, the starting default should always be the one entered on the gun-specific settings page.

I am also patiently awaiting a temperature correction factor for powder, even though I'm getting away from Alliant powders. I'm still using them some and it would be nice if I could document the "zero temperature" and have the App automatically add/subtract some amount of velocity per degree change when the ballistic output is delivered, e.g, 1fps/degree F. If I had a zero at 40 degrees and 2900 fps, when I go out in summer and it's 90 degrees, it would change the velocity to 2950 fps.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Scott A...
SLC, UT"

Reactions: jafo96
I have an Android and cant find either Desert Tech or Trasol in Playstore Suggestions?

Edit: I did find it but it says oly for Iphones. Out of luck I reckon.

I have an Android and cant find either Desert Tech or Trasol in Playstore Suggestions?

Edit: I did find it but it says oly for Iphones. Out of luck I reckon.
If it doesn't show in a search of the Play store it's because it is not compatible with your device.

If you go to this link directly on the phone it may show a past device on your account that it is compatible with:

Reactions: Maggot
I have another suggestion that can (and will) be ignored:

When you pull up the ballistics table, and scroll down, you can't see what the columns are except the left most one (distance/yards).

I see no reason to not "freeze top row" like you can on MS EXCEL so you know what numbers you're looking at when you scroll down

Yeah the column titles should be "frozen" as you suggest. But I don't think DT is supporting this app anymore...

I still use it as my solver, since it seems to work the best and has the best interface out of any others I've tried. But isn't something the company cares about these days.