• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech TRASOL Official Thread

I attempted to email them yesterday due to issue with my S8 and I got the email back almost immediately stating the server did not accept emails. I used the email address that is listed on the app for tech issues. Some email...... Sucks because I got a new phone I lost all my data because they do not support the latest version of android. Hope they fix it soon it worked well for me.

I contacted them on Facebook.

Doesn't look like I can sync to iPhone 7 from 6 or am I missing something'?

I just added 4 new profiles.. with one profile is would sync, now that I've added these profiles it will no longer sync

Profiles failed to download.. I hope someone has some guidance on how to fix this

I just added 4 new profiles.. with one profile is would sync, now that I've added these profiles it will no longer sync

Profiles failed to download.. I hope someone has some guidance on how to fix this

Well short of an update to fix these bugs.........probably a clean install would be your best bet

No update since oktober 2016. Is this app worth the money?

Well short of an update to fix these bugs.........probably a clean install would be your best bet

i logged into desertech.com. it asked me to change my password. i try to login to the app to update the password and it will not update my password in the app. am i the only person having this issue?

for the record I removed it from my iPad and reinstalled. Same issue

Last edited:
I tried to register but nothing is happening when I try to log in.

As stated before, this app is $10. The ballistic calculator part of the software works, it does need updates and yes the quirks are a PITA. But for $10 it is a very slick app and my go to as I've had more issues with the AB app and Shooter just isn't that easy for me to use. I would wager most here are using multiple apps already, this one works well for me.

I agree with the price point. The app works. The wind is a little more complex to put in degree angles in at first but its not hard to figure out. But if you want one app that does about everything its hard to discount ballistic ae. Library is convenient, has a litz corrected projectiles. wind is either simple or as complex as you want it. You can save multiple loads, with multiple settings deviations, for multiple guns, and it links with kestrel, as well as adjust different settings for environment and layout, as well as a truing tool. The engine works pretty decent as what I have found. I guess more importantly, they update it, fairly regularly

They don't update it. It doesn't work on Android 7. They don't even have a working email for support.

i just checked today and my profiles synced. i also noticed that the 5 other rifle loads i had spend over 45 minutes entering are gone.. so i am confused on what logging in and clicking SYNC actually does as not all of my loads are GONE

I was on their website so I thought I would just copy their comments here about the IOS crashing. Not great news but hopefully they are working on a fix and have it out soon. Trasol.png

So pasting the page was a fail..... Copy/paste at least works for me. Here is the immediate fix for the crashing.

Recent iOS updates have led to TRASOL crashing on iPhones. We are actively working on an update to resolve the issue. Current workaround requires user going into main iOS settings and disabling location services for the TRASOL app. This will prevent TRASOL from crashing, but also prevents TRASOL from getting local weather services information and as a result limit its ability to automatically generate density altitude for your firing solution. Density altitude can still be manually entered. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will have an app update resolving the issue shortly.

So pasting the page was a fail..... Copy/paste at least works for me. Here is the immediate fix for the crashing.

Recent iOS updates have led to TRASOL crashing on iPhones. We are actively working on an update to resolve the issue. Current workaround requires user going into main iOS settings and disabling location services for the TRASOL app. This will prevent TRASOL from crashing, but also prevents TRASOL from getting local weather services information and as a result limit its ability to automatically generate density altitude for your firing solution. Density altitude can still be manually entered. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will have an app update resolving the issue shortly.

Thanks for posting

It opens but it stays in the back ground. You click on it and it takes you back to Home screen.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/powerstrokearmy.com\/photopost\/data\/542\/medium\/Bug-Background.PNG"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Updated my iphone and ipad and neither now works???????? It opens for 2 seconds then closes

ok just deleted the app and reloaded it as a clean install with the new update...works now. lost saved data so screen shot it if you havent ran the update yet and chose to use this method. Personally I'm not super impressed with the app so its kind of a back up app for me, so I'm not sad about the data loss.

Yeah sync does not restore old data.... bummer as this app takes twice as long to put in data

they must be actively watching this thread. i deleted the app again. did the sync and my files are there. haven't put in any more data but my old loads are there

I deleted then reinstalled and that got the app working. Now when i attempt to Sync it shuts the app down on my iPhone.

Edit: Don't forget to screen shoot your loads that saved my ass from a headache.

Android platform, tried to uninstall then reinstall. Mine still crashes on startup even though an update says this is supposed to be fixed. Hope they get this straightened out soon. I liked the app when it worked.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Did the update - now it opens for 3 seconds and shuts down. Bugger. Match on tomorrow thank heavens for keeping an old school data book.

Hopefully we will get a fix, as this is still the best App for me - come on guys, we know you can do it !

Did the update - now it opens for 3 seconds and shuts down. Bugger. Match on tomorrow thank heavens for keeping an old school data book.

Hopefully we will get a fix, as this is still the best App for me - come on guys, we know you can do it !

for me when i removed the app completely. and then redownloaded it on BOTH of my devices it worked. i am not sure the sequence i took to get my files back.( but i was logged into my desertech account)... but if you don't have an account on https://deserttech.com/account.php . you won't be able to backup your rifle loads

(iOS 10.3.3) App did an auto update, then wouldn’t open.
Deleted app and reinstalled, app opened but lost all my data.
Now Settings menu file won’t save.
Deleted and reinstalled 3 times still won’t save.
App was working fine for me before this “update”.
Used to love Trasol, I see Shooter returning to my phone in the near future.

I've noticed something very weird.. still having weird issues on the ipad

when I remove the app version 1.2.2 is available and works, but then is I go to the App Store again there is another update to 1.2.3. This update breaks the iPad, but my iPhone still works on the new version

Mine is ver 1.2.3 and thats all it loads after I delete and reinstall, anyone know a way of going back to the version before the update as its a real pain having to change back all the settings every time I open the app?

Mine is ver 1.2.3 and thats all it loads after I delete and reinstall, anyone know a way of going back to the version before the update as its a real pain having to change back all the settings every time I open the app?

Maybe, if you have a back up of your your iPhone from a prior date you may be able to roll it back to before you installed the Trasol update.. Not exactly sure if this will work or not though since I have held off updating mine to the new version since the old one is still working for me. Same reason I almost always hold back from installing the latest and greatest right away. It helps me avoid being the guinea pig!

Maybe, if you have a back up of your your iPhone from a prior date you may be able to roll it back to before you installed the Trasol update.. Not exactly sure if this will work or not though since I have held off updating mine to the new version since the old one is still working for me. Same reason I almost always hold back from installing the latest and greatest right away. It helps me avoid being the guinea pig!

Will work but you need to ensure the app version in your iTunes library is the same. If not, delete the newer version from library before sync. Check the net for exact instructions :)

I don't use icloud and the last backup I did on the laptop was 12 months ago so that option is out but thanks anyway for the suggestion. Didn’t realise auto update was on, it’s off now, bit late I know. Guess I'll just have to wait till they decide to release I proper update, that’s if the MDR doesn’t sink them first. I'll reinstall Shooter for now.

Mine won't open either. I was told by DT to turn off location services but that didn't work either. Makes me like data cards even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got updates for my TRASOL app. So there must be someone still working on it.

I have emailed back and forth with John Young at DT and he said they are working to resolve problems with the app.

I hope so. Lost about 20 profiles and it will take a lot of time to rebuild them.

Mine won't open either. I was told by DT to turn off location services but that didn't work either. Makes me like data cards even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did the most recent update and..............................mine just opens and immediately crashes.................no go?

You guys that keep crashing with the new Trasol 1.2.3 update, what version of IOS are you running? Is it the latest 10.3.3 or earlier versions?