• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech TRASOL Official Thread

I don't have the latest iOS. I deleted and re-downloaded the app and it works now but I lost my profiles. I only had a few though.

I'm running the 10.3.3 on my IPhone and it still crashes as soon as it opens.

drglock, thanks for your reply!

I'm presently on IOS 10.3.3 as I was forced into loading it when phone locked up and required a full "restore."

I'll plan on continuing to run the older 1.2.2 version of Trasol while waiting for an update to the crashing 1.2.3 version.

I don't have the latest iOS. I deleted and re-downloaded the app and it works now but I lost my profiles. I only had a few though.

Good to know you can get it to work again by deleting and reloading the app. I only have two profiles created so with the help of a few screenshots it would not be terribly difficult to recreate them. Just a pain in the ass option for those that have put a lot of effort into creating multiple profiles.

Can't believe this issue was not discovered during testing prior to release... ohhh wait! Testing, what's that!

Well i thought i was clever not installing the latest IOS on my phone so i wouldn't have problems with Trasol like most others are experiencing and all has been going good. Well today at the range I hit the Trasol icon on the phone and guess what, poof, nothing. The program has disappeared, shame on me for not having screen shots for the three different rifles, four different calibers and multiple powder/bullet combinations. How could something I downloaded disappear on its own?

This WAS my favorite Ballistics App. Unfortunately, like everyone else's, mine no longer works. To make matters worse, I bought the app when it was about $40.

Updated iPhone and Ipad and lost all data. I took screenshots so I'm just annoyed. I've been using AB as a backup and now it crashes as well so it's not good all around!

I'm a little confused here given the last few posts!

My prior understanding was any pre-existing rifle profiles would be lost when updating to new Trasol ver. 1.2.3 independent of whether an iOS update was or was not done on the iPhone.

However, it seems some of you are reporting the new version promptly crashes on startup, while others say deleting the updated (patched) version and downloading the latest (v 1.2.3) has worked even though you are forced to rebuild the old rifle data previously lost. Is this correct?

or

Is the entire application disappearing from the iPhone altogether now as Fishkat and steve123 appear to be implying? Have either of you tried to re-install directly from the AppStore to restore the program? Has it worked?

Looks like developers are having the general public do their basic testing these days! I remember when years ago this was done in the lab prior to software release to avoid all the confusion, panic, and embarrassment! :eek:

Updated iPhone and Ipad and lost all data. I took screenshots so I'm just annoyed. I've been using AB as a backup and now it crashes as well so it's not good all around!

Long Range 338, since both Trasol and AB are presently crashing for you it may be possible you may have somehow corrupted your device memory. Have you tried shutting down your iPhone, waiting a few minutes, and restarting so it has to initialize from scratch and re-identify itself to the network? This has often fixed goofy issues I've had with some of our iPhones. Something simple to try.

Long Range 338, since both Trasol and AB are presently crashing for you it may be possible you may have somehow corrupted your device memory. Have you tried shutting down your iPhone, waiting a few minutes, and restarting so it has to initialize from scratch and re-identify itself to the network? This has often fixed goofy issues I've had with some of our iPhones. Something simple to try.

Yes I've tried about everything and deleted Trasol at least half a dozen times... Trasol works fine, I just had to input all my data again. The download/backup system is not working so that I can go between multiple devices.
AB has all of my data there so I can open the app and see my rifle and load data but when I try to go to the ballistic table it crashes.
Right now I'm just going to proceed with the free Lapua app and see how that goes..................

Yeah I just tested AB and it works fine with iOS 10.3.3

My prior understanding was any pre-existing rifle profiles would be lost when updating to new Trasol ver. 1.2.3 independent of whether an iOS update was or was not done on the iPhone.

However, it seems some of you are reporting the new version promptly crashes on startup, while others say deleting the updated (patched) version and downloading the latest (v 1.2.3) has worked even though you are forced to rebuild the old rifle data previously lost. Is this correct?

or

Is the entire application disappearing from the iPhone altogether now as Fishkat and steve123 appear to be implying? Have either of you tried to re-install directly from the AppStore to restore the program? Has it worked?

Looks like developers are having the general public do their basic testing these days! I remember when years ago this was done in the lab prior to software release to avoid all the confusion, panic, and embarrassment! :eek:

I didn't do any updates so I didn't think anything was going to go wrong. My rifle profiles just disappeared. I haven't tried to input the profiles over again yet. It's ridiculous because Trasol puts out good solutions but the support is where? Now this. The HUD never did work right on my Droid2. Another time the program wouldn't solve for winds regarding aerodynamic jump at ELR distances which was half the reason I bought it. It's only $10 but... It's just very unprofessional at this point!

Last edited:

or

In my case, running old IOS on both iPhone and pad, I could tap the Trasol icon and the screen would flash and and that was all that would happen.
So I was forced to go the delete route and reinstall and I'm in the process of rebuilding the data base which is a pain but what I really hate is losing all my zero information for all the different rifles and loads on the equipment tabs. I have all the range data recorded but don't know

I'm not sure why (I assume an error fixed at the server end of things) but now my loads save and download from device to device just like they should. I'm back up and running on Trasol.

One change I made on my end was that I have been using a "/" symbol and I changed them to a "-" Could be coincidence.

I'm running iOS 10.3.3 with Trasol 1.2.3 and it crashes every time I start it. On the same phone, BallisticAE, BallisticsARC and Lapua Ballistics all run fine. Deleting and reinstalling the Trasol app "fixed" it at the loss of all saved configuration data. I've been using BallisticsARC pretty much exclusively lately so I'm glad I don't have to count on Trasol as my #1 solver. I like Trasol. In fact if it could access my WeatherMeter directly, I'd probably use it most of the time but if it's going to keep having these kind of fatal issues I'll delete it for good. A bad reputation is difficult to overcome.

Mine (iPhone 7 plus) finally quit crashing when I save a profile and I believe it is synching correctly now.

This AM I noticed a flaw - if you put the shooting incline/angle at a positive value it ADDS drop correction - that is, +9 for angle takes 50 BMG drop from 175 to 178 MOA. Negative angles -9 appear to correctly *reduce* dope for the shot - from 175 to 168 MOA.

Anybody else notice this?

You all should be creating an account with Desert Tech so that you can sync your profiles to their server. that way if the app crashes or you have to re0install it you will be able to keep all your info.

You all should be creating an account with Desert Tech so that you can sync your profiles to their server. that way if the app crashes or you have to re0install it you will be able to keep all your info.

If only that would have worked........

If only that would have worked........

Not sure why it wouldn't. It uploads them to their server. Had the same thing happen with my app and had to reinstall it. Lost all my info but then logged into my account and synced everything back. Good as new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost everything when I updated, even thought I had been synching to their server the whole time. I took screenshots before I updated my 2nd device so I didn't have to start from scratch but still a complete PITA. Shot over the weekend out to 1900 yards and TRASOL is definitely the best app I own, it was right on all the way out.........

they are probably holding out on any updates. IOS 11 is coming and then it will need to be updated again...

After some experimentation I can get some of Trasol to work on my Samsung Galaxy S6 if do not allow Trasol to have access to my Audio, Video, and Picture files when I install and open the program. This then renders the HUD portion of the app useless. Anyone figure this out?

Thank you for sharing that . It's functional atleast on my galaxy s8 running ,7.0

With android 7.0 or 7.1 deny the use of the camera when installing and the app and it will work but the HUD tab will show no picture as it uses the camera for this. Major android version updates the camera, and is notorious for app crashes. Good developers should know this and should have been a quick fix. Android 8.0 is in testing and will be released soon and this app hasn't worked with the update to 7.0. So with denying access to the camera on installation will allow the app to function.

I installed it today on galaxy s7, but after the initial screen does not start. How can I fix the problem?

Like a box of Cracker Jax there's always a surprise when you open Trasol. It worked fine on my Droid for about a year. Suddenly the decimal point has disappeared from the keypad when attempting to enter numbers rendering the app useless to update bullets, loads, etc. Other functionality misbehaves too, negating any confidence in the results. Have you ever seen software/app that became unsupported/obsolete so fast? I really liked Trasol when it worked but now it is time to flush this floater and move onto something that is dependable.

Like a box of Cracker Jax there's always a surprise when you open Trasol. It worked fine on my Droid for about a year. Suddenly the decimal point has disappeared from the keypad when attempting to enter numbers rendering the app useless to update bullets, loads, etc. Other functionality misbehaves too, negating any confidence in the results. Have you ever seen software/app that became unsupported/obsolete so fast? I really liked Trasol when it worked but now it is time to flush this floater and move onto something that is dependable.

That's too bad its behaving so badly on Droids. The IOS is stable and still my most reliable app. Hopefully they get the issues fixed asap.

Its due to an android system update. Trasol worked lovely forever and since the update its broken the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yep. But this is my only app that has ever had a problem with updates, including all the freebies.

I talked to Jeff at DTA and he said they are in the process of replacing the App Developer, hence the update delays.

There must be a reason employee turnover at DT is so high.

There have been at least 3 and probably 4-5 warranty guys in the past 4 years.

Last edited:
Very happy I synced everything before the updates and subsequent crashing. After following the workaround video on the Desert Tech site I’ve got it functioning with all of my old profiles again. Still has a ton of problems like not accepting saves or defaulting to weird inputs.

At at this point it’s shelved and I’ll give it a try every update. AB seems to be more reliable for now so I’ll use it. Pretty unhappy I paid $40 for it. Didn’t care I spent 75% more than if I’d waited because it was so accurate but now it stings.

Very happy I synced everything before the updates and subsequent crashing. After following the workaround video on the Desert Tech site I’ve got it functioning with all of my old profiles again. Still has a ton of problems like not accepting saves or defaulting to weird inputs.

At at this point it’s shelved and I’ll give it a try every update. AB seems to be more reliable for now so I’ll use it. Pretty unhappy I paid $40 for it. Didn’t care I spent 75% more than if I’d waited because it was so accurate but now it stings.

Yeah, this app has become the biggest PIECE OF SHIT. Waste of money and time suck as well.

Didn’t care I spent 75% more than if I’d waited because it was so accurate but now it stings.

It's a shame. DT had a really accurate app, probably the best one around. What happened next, well, it is all their fault. No one else to blame but DT.

I'm super dissapointed as well. I think they put all their efforts to get the MDR out, since they were so behind . Sucked up all the funds

Can anyone take a guess as to why when I have a 0 wind at a direction from 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock Trasol is showing a 1.3 mil wind correction at 1000Y?

Do you have multiple wind enabled and a value in one of the three? If not I would disable (if enabled) "spin drift" and/or "Coriolis" and see if it goes away. Can't think of what else it could be?

I think it was HUD Cant??? Wind is working correctly now.

Before I had 0 for multiple winds.

and 0 for mph and O for clock, and tried 6 and 12, these made no difference when I was asking for help earlier..

Thanks for trying!

On galaxy s7 does not work the hud and the camera yet, can you solve the problem?

Still waiting for stepped BC and powder/velocity/temp correction

mine works fine in iPhone 7