• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Designing and forming CUSTOM CARTRIDGES

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Does anyone have a copy of this book by Ken Howell? I've been trying to locate one for a couple weeks and so far my only luck has been 1 copy on Amazon that the asking price is $658.00

I ran across an add in Precision Shooting tonight from May 2002 asking 64.95 including shipping.

Does anyone know happen to know if the book is still available for less than a 1000% markup? Not like I could possibly validate spending that kind of money for this book, but is it even worth $150? I thought my days of buying exteme priced texts ended with grad school...

TIA

Re: Designing and forming CUSTOM CARTRIDGES

As of last year, it was $130 shipped directly from the author. There was someplace else a bit cheaper, but why not support him directly, plus you can get it signed.

Sorry, don't have contact info, but it is out there and he is/was active on 24hourcampfire.

If its the book by Ken Howell, you should be able to get it from Sinclair for a reasonable price. I ordered it about a year ago and if i recall correctly thats where it came from.

Sinclair got back to me and said the following:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hello Josh,

This book is currently out of print and no longer available to us. I have seen that a copy in good condition has been at a premium price since it is high demand. Ken has been in very poor health, so I doubt that there will be any additional books available any time soon.

Cordially,

Sinclair Sales
800-717-8211</div></div>

Anyone know the author's username over on 24hr?

Bohem,

They're here... but you may want to bring your own lube
eek.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Forming-Custom-Cartridges-Handguns/dp/0964362309

John

That's the lowest price I've found so far at ~$300... the last time I looked on Amazon the only copy was going for $658 plus s/h and it was "average" condition! Needless to say, even at $300 instead, I still won't be buying a copy...

I just found "Ken_Howell" on 24hr and sent a PM to him. Hopefully it's the same Ken Howell and he can help me out. The posts, profile and membership date seem to suggest it's the same guy...