• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desperate! Need Federal Large Rifle Match Primers!

ColbyLang

Sergeant, Smart Ass, and general know it all
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2012
Louisiana
As the title says, I am desperate. Bought a brand new AI AE mk iii and CANNOT find Federal large rifle match primers. Anyone have a lead on some? I'd be willing to pay for em if you have some to sell. I'm in need brothers!

I wonder how much difference match primers really make in the big picture. Maybe standard primers would suffice in the mean time?

I did a little test with a few different primers. Standard CCI, Federal gmm and standard federal. Same powder charge and seating depth and i could tell a hill of beans difference in the three. All sub .5 moa.

I wonder how much difference match primers really make in the big picture. Maybe standard primers would suffice in the mean time?

A) standard primers will do just fine, especially Russians. You will not be wasting ammo
B) beggars can't be choosers, so grab some primers and forget about federal match. They are not worth it in my opinion. There are bigger fish to fry than being picky with primers

Keep an eye on midway they seem to be getting them in on a regular basis. I was desperate a couple months back myself and in that time I've managed to acquire 50,000 210m and another 20,000 205m now I'm just waiting for the 215m to hit the market.

A) standard primers will do just fine, especially Russians. You will not be wasting ammo
B) beggars can't be choosers, so grab some primers and forget about federal match. They are not worth it in my opinion. There are bigger fish to fry than being picky with primers
[SIZE=-1]CCI #250 LARGE RIFLE MAGNUM PRIMERS (1000) in stock [/SIZE]@ Powder Valley Powder Valley, Inc.. I been checking every single day for over a year for Federal 215M's and I have not seen a single one.

[SIZE=-1]CCI #250 LARGE RIFLE MAGNUM PRIMERS (1000) in stock [/SIZE]@ Powder Valley Powder Valley, Inc.. I been checking every single day for over a year for Federal 215M's and I have not seen a single one.

I found 5000 215m back during summer and grabbed them but that's just not enough to feel comfortable with.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

I have a question for those who have tried standard primers and saw no practical difference. At what ranges were the tests conducted? I ask because .5 MOA at 100 yards may not equate to .5 MOA downrange if there is a marked variation in velocities that may not show a vertical spread until further out.

I have a question for those who have tried standard primers and saw no practical difference. At what ranges were the tests conducted? I ask because .5 MOA at 100 yards may not equate to .5 MOA downrange if there is a marked variation in velocities that may not show a vertical spread until further out.

That's a good point.
I am curious as well.

Let me know if you are nearby. I have a couple hundred that I can part with. I live in Gonzales and work in Baton Rouge.

I picked the Russian primers, Tula, over all the Federal match, CCI match, etc. several years ago and I've never been disappointed. There is a reason why the top shooters in the country pick Russian primers.