• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DFW Sunday travel pro tip.

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    Evidently its state law in Texas that you can't have alcohol before 10am on Sunday and you have to order food. They hand you a menu, but you can get a vending machine size bag of chips to qualify but they dont tell you that. So $6 chips and salsa off the menu will get you an $11 bloody mary if you dont know the bag of chips hack. FML.
    Is this the first post ever on SH that could save someone money.

Lol, too many people look to Texas to lead us to the light from darkness. Truth be told, I have more freedom in Iowa than Texicans on any given day.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    True that, I’m 3rd Gen Texan and am not looking forward to that snow storm bearing down on me for tomorrow.

Same as when I lived in MI. No alcohol on Sunday without “food”.

I'm originally from SE Iowa. The weather is better here in TX at least right now.
    No, not right now.
    BTW the ban on alcohol early Sunday am is called "the Blue law" (You can't buy cars on Sunday either). I thought the alcohol ban had to do with tailgating but that turned out to be a myth...

Last edited:
    Lol, too many people look to Texas to lead us to the light from darkness. Truth be told, I have more freedom in Iowa than Texicans on any given day.

I'll bet we have more Gun and knife freedom here than you you do in Iowa...

Just don't let them catch you walking down the street drinking an alcoholic beverage at any time, or heaven forbid, being naked in public.

One certain things, just remember until about 30 years ago, Texas was run by know it all democrats who liked to tell you what you could and couldn't do. I still remember the last time they arrested someone for Sodomy before the laws finally were changed (by the Republicans legislature).

Things you can do in California will get you locked up for a long time in Texas and stuff that would get you locked up in California for a long time is just normal culture in Texas.

But the things I would or wouldn't do would be OK in TX so I'm good with that. Just had a nice conversation with a chick (cute as fuck btw😁) from Wichita Falls Tx. I would gladly consider TX before Comifornia.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    I'll bet we have more Gun and knife freedom here than you you do in Iowa..

IF you do, it’s by inches and not miles. We are more free here in terms of COVID restrictions/mandates than 99% of states.

Reactions: GUN NUT in IA
    My buddy came down for a hog hunt last weekend and bitches about the liquor laws. It’s 28° right now in Nebraska (where I moved from).

I’ll take 70° in January in TX.

But the things I would or wouldn't do would be OK in TX so I'm good with that. Just had a nice conversation with a chick (cute as fuck btw😁) from Wichita Falls Tx. I would gladly consider TX before Comifornia.
    Who the fuck wouldn't? Girlfriend lives in Costa Mesa (hard pass BTW!) and has been getting training in Nevada. Called me RAVING about how awesome it was to shoot an AR and how she really wanted one! I told her "Well then FUCKING MOVE to a free state!!! You work remote, hon. Texas will work!" And before the Lone Star crowd crucifies me she is (as I think is clear from her AR comment) is is as red as they come.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Halfnutz
    And Asheville, Charlotte, Durham, Cary, Raleigh, Atlanta, Birmingham, Broward County Florida, Nashville.....those are just a few I know "immigrants" have ruined.
    The Gallatin Gateway, etc...

Texas just forces you to be responsible with your liquor, grow the fuck up and realize you’re almost out before 9pm on Saturday, it’s not hard y’all. We learn this in high school....... idk what to say about the buying a car thing, I honestly just two and two together on that one.

Reactions: HTX_17