• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did not like the Harris or Atlas so I made this.

264Charlie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
Texas
Well after shooting a match or two every month I finally have a feel for what I like in the bipod.

I first went with a Atlas. I seems cool with all the options. After using if for sometime I found it to jam up way too often. I also found myself trying too many odd things with it vs. just shooting the stage. As for the "loading" advantage over the Harris I found none.

Then I went with a Harris. The Harris is a good solid bipod but seemed to ge tint eh way shooting some stages and I fond myself wanting more adjustment.

After some thought I made what I think is the perfect setup with some parts off a Harris, a big hole in the center of my stock and a buddy with a machine shop.

_DSC0131.jpg

All streamlined and works great. Thoughts?

Re: Did not like the Harris or Atlas so I made this.

Did you ever see a versapod ? Is real close, but no podlock.

what stops it from swiveling into the barrel ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you ever see a versapod ? Is real close, but no podlock. </div></div>

Yep, wanted the locking cant. Actually I don't have the padlock on it anymore. I use a locking nut set with a good about of tension.

The main thing I like about the setup is how streamlined it is.

Nothing stops if from rotating all the way to the barrel but me. I have a lot of tension on the can't so you would have to work to hit the barrel. Even then you would just about be shooting side-prone at that point. I don't see it as an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did you do with your Atlas?? I'll take it. </div></div>

Sold it

So instead you hump a large plastic barrel wherever you go?

Anyways do you have any closer pictures? How did this improve functionality over the Harris or Atlas? Can't tell as you are not using your bipod in the picture.

Creative and awesome! Gotta give props for thinking outside the box. Hope it works well for you in the long run.

I dont see how that is beneficial at all, but if it works for you, great!

I would like to see more picture of it being used

Great barrel !!! Those will sell !

Is it sturdy enough to support the weight of the rifle if you rest the bipod on a support?

Looks interesting - any more pictures? Perhaps instead of a hole machine a slot in the stock so there is no rotation?

Are y'all seeing the same picture I am? All I see is a black extension hanging off tge forearm. If you didn't tell me it was a bipod, I'd of never known.

How about posting pictures of the BIPOD, if you want us to ogle the bipod?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After some thought I made what I think is the perfect setup with some parts off a Harris, a big hole in the center of my stock and a buddy with a machine shop. Thoughts? </div></div>

Looks interesting.

So it hangs off a spigot? But it has Harris legs? Which look like they are in the same plane...like a straight-thru design - as the spigot/mount?

Same idea as these on the L96?

L1A12.jpg

Looks stable. I made my own as well. Side question, How do you like the JP brake?

Charles is a hell of a precision tactical shooter. What he is going for is the ability to poke his rifle through barricades, and such with a lower overall profile so that it doesn't get hung up. Speed is 50% of that game, which is why very few people use an Atlas.

Looks great to me, but how does it feel shooting prone supported that far forward? My DTA felt funny with the bipod all the way forward, so I moved it further rearward.

Ty

you guys must have really small windows where you live.. either that or your tactical matches uses make-pretend-little-windows... because I have no problems fitting my rifle through the windows I have seen here in Nevada with my Atlas Bipod mounted on the bottom of the rifle.

Ya it's specifically a match game thing... The windows are actually small ports on a barricade. Like 3 gun...

I could see that coming in and out of a barricade much easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it's specifically a match game thing... The windows are actually small ports on a barricade. Like 3 gun...

I could see that coming in and out of a barricade much easier. </div></div>

Where are there barricades in Las Vegas? and do they really have small ports? I would like to go visit and see them.

Also, why not turn your gun sideways? With the gun sideways, it provides a natural snowboard like surface so it can easily glide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also, why not turn your gun sideways? With the gun sideways, it provides a natural snowboard like surface so it can easily glide. </div></div>

now you introduced a new problem you need to solve in a short period of time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it's specifically a match game thing... The windows are actually small ports on a barricade. Like 3 gun...

Where are there barricades in Las Vegas? and do they really have small ports? I would like to go visit and see them.

Also, why not turn your gun sideways? With the gun sideways, it provides a natural snowboard like surface so it can easily glide. </div></div>

Here is a prop from Phoenix's TPRC called the scrambler. It had a total of 10 ports that you had to get two shots each off. 5 were though this basement, and 5 were on top of a roof top. Total time for the stage with 20 shots was 3 minutes. Some where by the ground and a bipod works great so long as you can get it folded and unfolded quickly. Other barricades are similar but as you can see, with the size, and time allowed, the Atlas is absolutely a hinderance.

Before I started shooting this type of competition, I thought the Atlas was far superior to the Harris.
IMG_0987.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it's specifically a match game thing... The windows are actually small ports on a barricade. Like 3 gun...

Here is a prop from Phoenix's TPRC called the scrambler. It had a total of 10 ports that you had to get two shots each off. 5 were though this basement, and 5 were on top of a roof top. Total time for the stage with 20 shots was 3 minutes. Some where by the ground and a bipod works great so long as you can get it folded and unfolded quickly. Other barricades are similar but as you can see, with the size, and time allowed, the Atlas is absolutely a hinderance.

Before I started shooting this type of competition, I thought the Atlas was far superior to the Harris.
IMG_0987.jpg
</div></div>

Is it really a "basement" if it is above ground?

Also what is the purpose of such a small hole when you have to scan for targets? Or don't tell me the targets are conveniently directly in front of you?

Also the wall material appears to be drywall. I was taught in my training ("Call of Duy: Modern Warfare" training on the PS3) that dry wall is considered "concealment" and not "cover".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was taught in my training ("Call of Duy: Modern Warfare" training on the PS3) that dry wall is considered "concealment" and not "cover". </div></div>

I lol'd

Edited, for taking this thread off track and childish remarks.

Sorry
Ty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is it really a "basement" if it is above ground?

Also what is the purpose of such a small hole when you have to scan for targets? Or don't tell me the targets are conveniently directly in front of you?

Also the wall material appears to be drywall. I was taught in my training ("Call of Duy: Modern Warfare" training on the PS3) that dry wall is considered "concealment" and not "cover".</div></div>
I j..j..just ffffff...ffff...igured out wwww....ho yyy...ou arrrrrrr.......e.

Nice to see that your stutter doesn't transfer over to the key board. You could get your ass off your mom's couch and come out on the first Saturday of every month and learn this stuff for real, but then it is easier to get behind the keyboard where your lack of social skills and speech impediment don't affect you.

Now then.......
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5Y4zxqMNJs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5Y4zxqMNJs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I hate to be all nasty, but I won't stand for the bull shit you try to put people through. Have a nice day.

Ty </div></div>

Where do you guys meet? I would love to join! Thanks for the invite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where do you guys meet? I would love to join! Thanks for the invite.</div></div>

Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club range #9
First Saturday of the month, match starts 8am bring 60 rounds.
Members: $15 Non-members: $20

You will want 100-600 meter dope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where do you guys meet? I would love to join! Thanks for the invite.</div></div>

Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club range #9
First Saturday of the month, match starts 8am bring 60 rounds. </div></div>

Will you guys meet before that? I will be in town the 31st, but plan to go to the beach the week after.

What kind of match is it? That place only goes to 600 yards right?

In 3 weeks I am sure we can pent up some more anger because we think we are operators and like to play make believe
laugh.gif

You guys up for a few beers tonight? Me and a buddy heading out, thinking about Yardhouse Brewery.

I want to learn as soon as possible, hopefully I can move out of my mom's basement and be like you guys
laugh.gif

WW Wh Wha...tttt...t ever you say Mike :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WW Wh Wha...tttt...t ever you say Mike :) </div></div>

Awesome JFC! Hope we can be good buds again like before
smile.gif
Juno and James said they are down for some Operator action too!

Eric, I lol'ed at your "training". Good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LittleViktor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric, I lol'ed at your "training". Good stuff. </div></div>

Glad you liked it. Call of Duty Modern Warfare training cannot be underestimated.

I am so happy right now! That the Operators let me hang out with them. I can't wait for my mom to get home from work and leave the basement so I can share with her the good news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya it's specifically a <span style="font-weight: bold">match game thing</span>... The windows are actually small ports on a barricade. Like 3 gun...

Since you don't know me, or any of the Vegas crew as well as you seem to think, let's clarify: Read the bolded part. Never claimed it was anything more to me then that. Now go be angsty elsewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LittleViktor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric, I lol'ed at your "training". Good stuff. </div></div>

Glad you liked it. Call of Duty Modern Warfare training cannot be underestimated.

I am so happy right now! That the Operators let me hang out with them. I can't wait for my mom to get home from work and leave the basement so I can share with her the good news. </div></div>
I speak his language. You hear this.....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fj8FnT5Rnpg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fj8FnT5Rnpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

What I hear is that, HE IS GOING TO COME HANG WITH US!!!!!! So excited, we are gonna shoot prone all day! </div></div>

We can do whatever you want Fireguy. What do you mean by "us".. Let me guess, you bringing all your boyfriends with you? I can't wait!

I am going to show up by myself.

you sound like a true operator LVMike! I am looking forward to learning from you.. once I leave my mom's basement ofcourse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you just stutter through two identical posts? My mmmmmomssss bbbbbasement.

Go troll elsewhere. You F'ed up, a post where all of us operators had the chance to learn. </div></div>

I only stutter around guys that are not overweight. So if you are not 350 lbs like most gun guys I meet at the range, then yes I will stutter around you.

This is going to be fun! I can't wait for the end of the month though, lets all meet sooner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you sound like a true operator LVMike! I am looking forward to learning from you.. once I leave my mom's basement ofcourse. </div></div>

umad?

HAHAHAHA....sounds like you guys have met before?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you sound like a true operator LVMike! I am looking forward to learning from you.. once I leave my mom's basement ofcourse. </div></div>

umad? </div></div>

Why would you even ask that? If you know me, this is how I am like in person. However most people don't treat me in person like they do on the forums.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAHAHA....sounds like you guys have met before? </div></div>

I only know JFC, have never met the other Operators.

Which begs the question... How many Operators does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I heard: "None, because they all have NV and Thermal Imaging." I am pretty sure these guys all have natural night vision, that is how awesome they are. This is why someday I hope to leave my mom's basement and be like all of the.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you sound like a true operator LVMike! I am looking forward to learning from you.. once I leave my mom's basement ofcourse. </div></div>

umad? </div></div>

Why would you even ask that? If you know me, this is how I am like in person. However most people don't treat me in person like they do on the forums.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Oh, no. Are you playing the pity card now?

Look, I get it. I played Modern Warfare before. You are that kid who runs around, and calls people n@gger, and other roguish shit. You do all of this in what you assume to be an anonymous existence. I have looked up your posts here, where you do the same thing in what you assume is anonymity. Well, the fact is, you are a little asian kid with a stutter who is afraid to compete for fear of judgement.

I could give a shit less until you attack my friends and I. Several times you have said things to the effect of "lets meet up, and I won't bring my friends". You have seen my picture in my post and know damn well that I am one of those people under 350 pounds that you will stutter in front of, or to put it in another way, you are intimidated by. I told you where and when I hang out, and you have my word, that if you really want to "meet up" I will have no friends.

Until that day, treat other people on this board with respect, and you will receive the same,

Ty </div></div>

Go back and read the posts. You were the one that fired the first shots. I am just playing along. I really have no clue who you are. Let me buy you the first beer and we can discuss this in person, you will find out I do not stutter as much as you think I do. I can't wait!!!

I love it when someone fires the first shot, then he plays "peacemaker goodguy".. this is why Forums are so awesome.. I am the same way in real life as I am in the forums, but for some reason.. I don't get the awesome treatment in real life like I do on the forums.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE INTERNET FORUMS!!!!