• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillion 2 months backlog

blaster

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2004
Ann Arbor Michigan
I needed a part for my 1050 so I called Dillion busy,busy,busy and then on hold for 20 minutes.I asked what was up as I could not think they sell anything that was in high demand.Its loading presses, I guess lots of people want to reload do to lack of and high prices of ammmo. Blaster

Re: Dillion 2 months backlog

Expect this to go on until this whole gun debate has settled. I think what is more disturbing to me is that I am not seeing more people in reloading classes to learn, but rather online asking basic questions. I am not talking about what dies are the best, or what brass to buy, but simple stuff like "do I just fill the case up with powder, and put the bullet on top" type stuff. I hope that these people understand what they are doing, and either take it seriously, or sell their gadgets when ammo becomes available again!

Reloading because of lack of available ammo is a great theory, but unfortunately I'm finding components are just about impossible to find as well.

I am 2 weeks into my 5 weeks right now for 550 parts. It looks like my 1050 is sold, traded it for a Ed Brown. What scares me is Powder Valley canceled all back orders and won't allow any new ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am 2 weeks into my 5 weeks right now for 550 parts. It looks like my 1050 is sold, traded it for a Ed Brown. What scares me is Powder Valley canceled all back orders and won't allow any new ones. </div></div>

Their website says they won't cancel backorders that were in their system before the cut off date. Any new backorders that are attempted will be cancelled.

Whew. My order of R-15 from Powder Valley arrived last week and glad I place the order when I did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what is more disturbing to me is that I am not seeing more people in reloading classes to learn, but rather online asking basic questions. I am not talking about what dies are the best, or what brass to buy, but simple stuff like "do I just fill the case up with powder, and put the bullet on top" type stuff. </div></div>

Don't worry about the newbies. A hobby that involves the recreational use of explosives is just about perfect for Darwin to cull the herd with. Just think of the stuff we can pickup at estate sales............

dhg2

Just try to find .223 reloading dies. Even the pricey competition sets are gone. (I want to replace a Type S die but they're unavailable. Fortunately I still my my old Dillon .223 die set.)

I ordered a couple jugs of H110-equivalent pull-down powder from Jeff Bartlett. A couple days later, when I decided to add another jug to the order, he was sold out. At least my original order will be shipped in 4-6 weeks. He can only send 400 pounds on the UPS truck.

Sheesh!

Richard

Hard to believe whats all out of stock. Powder and primers sure but presses, wow. Check Midsouth or Precision Reloading for dies.

My Dillon 650 should be sitting on the front porch when I get home!

Its been like this since 12/17 - they are complete assholes.

The Dillon NO BS. - yeah that went out the window as well. I called up 12/19 for parts and was told basically...nope not in stock. Said ok..could I purchase the broken part for another machine...oh sure yeah we have those. So check out that great warranty its no BS alright...we aint given out free shit when we can turn around and sell it to somebody else.

Sell it and buy a Lee. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about their warranty.

Oh for fucks sake! I wish Iwas a fucking mod. I would delete this pissing and moaning shit in every fucking section.

The situation is not that bad. I calmly ordered a couple conversion kits last week. The site plainly stated 6-8 weeks backlog. I ordered anyway. Now I didn't get on here and piss my pants and whine. One of the reasons I didn't piss and whine, besides the fact its not in my nature, is that I had drug my feet for at least 4 months. I kept putting the Dillon project on a back burner. I only needed conversion kits, had everything else, but I procrastinated. IT WAS MY FAULT.
I got an email yesterday informing me myorder has been shipped. Iam pretty happy with Dillon right now.

All the bitchin you want to do will not alleviate the backlogged condition the ammo, reloading , and firearms industry is facing right now. Reminds me of some of my ex wives.

2 weeks ago I ordered a conversion kit for my 550 for 40 and 9mm.

They had the dies, conversion kit and powder dies for the 40, nothing in 9mm or tool heads, they said it would be 5-6 weeks before they are available.

The 40 stuff showed upset week Friday, the 9mm stuff that was 5-6 weeks out showed up today.