• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Customer Service=Non-existant?

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
i know they once prided themselves on their customer service but as of late their phone has either been busy or they don't even answer. One of the reasons I went with Dillon is because of the great reputation. This is kind of troubling.

Anyone else have this problem? What gives?

i know they once prided themselves on their customer service but as of late their phone has either been busy or they don't even answer. One of the reasons I went with Dillon is because of the great reputation. This is kind of troubling.

Seriously.....dude you've got to cut some companies some slack. Dillion is back ordered 4+ weeks at the moment for shit, and their phones are obviously ringing off the hook.

Yeah, like poison says, everybody's backordered right now and people who normally have the time to answer the phones, are busying building, packing or mailing stuff out to the thousands of idiots who waited until the perfect storm hit, to order all of their already 'out of stock shit,' due to the holiday season.

Chris

My buddy went to Dillon in Phoenix last week - they are just swamped. No excuses, but they were out of almost everything. Normally, they are really good people.

The parking lot was packed this last weekend. The place was a mad house. Figure if the storefront is that packed the phone lines and internet orders must be a complete zoo. Their customer service has always been good and I'm pretty sure it will remain that way. Have some patience and persisience if you wish to reach them by phone and be prepared to wait in line if you go to the store. I will tell you they are limiting purchase quantities on powder and primers.

They have sold 15 months of equipment in less than 3 months. There is an all time number of people ordering equipment, so. Am not surprised thy are busy and slow in answering their phones.

Give it a shot with email. I've found that companies that are super busy have an easier time getting to emails than phone calls.

I just got off of the phone with a customer rep. I had to make 5 tries to get an open line then was put on hold for about 45 minutes. That is bad but they are that busy.

Seriously.....dude you've got to cut some companies some slack. Dillion is back ordered 4+ weeks at the moment for shit, and their phones are obviously ringing off the hook.

Seriously... If they have such an influx of sales then they should be able to hire more employees to handle their customer service needs. I didn't spend thousands of dollars on Dillon equipment to be ignored.

Seriously... If they have such an influx of sales then they should be able to hire more employees to handle their customer service needs. I didn't spend thousands of dollars on Dillon equipment to be ignored.

What I was asking was what's wrong with your equipment? Many times people on here can help. I've done it multiple times when I can't get dillon on the horn.

On such short notice? And what about training time? You do realize it takes time, and more importantly, resources to hire and train employees, right? If you don't want your Dillon equipment anymore, I'm sure dozens of people on this forum would be more than willing to purchase it from you.

Do you think cust service reps with years of experience with dillon products just grown on trees? Is it their fault that you decided to start reloading during the current events when they have tripled their sales. Keep in mind that they sell directly, but they also have hundreds of retailers that sell their products as well. What specifically do you need help with?

I've called a couple times to modify an order. Both times I had a bit of a wait, but the service was perfect. No complaints from me. (Heck, I just ordered some springs from Wolff and even they are 3 weeks behind in their shipping.)

Richard

Shouldn't have much trouble selling at retail or better. Then you could buy from a company that's not busy.

Your right. Everyone knows that for tech support any old dude from India will fill the need just fine. It works so well for other companies I dont know why Dillon cant do it.

Seriously...

Just ask your question here and see if you get an answer that resolves the problem.

Exactly how I feel.

I like how people think its Dillons problem gun regulation is being crammed down our throats! I'm quite sure all companies (firearm related) are backed up. If companies hire more people, to produce greater quantities of products without a foreseeable future they loose big! Take for example magpul industries, they crank out pmag after pmag, then a regulation is put in place, they sit on all those man hours, and material. Its just business. Write your representatives! And slap every gun grabber you meet! Just my 2 cents..

I'm patiently awaiting my 650, been 5 or 6 weeks since I placed the order and have received two pieces with another 6 lb box being shipped fedex right now. Not sure when I will get my entire order and hopefully they fixed an error on my part or I'm gonna be waiting another 2 months. I called them and told them about it ( I managed to check the wrong box when choosing caliber conversion, I must have been scrolling and hit a different caliber)

you obviously dont own your own business.
you do not grow your employee base or expand machinery during a temporary boom. only to fire the employee or watch the new tooling sit unused 6-12 months from now.

everyone needs to settle the fuck down, breathe, and be patient.

I love Dillon, even in these past few crazy months. I broke a shell plate on my 550B in later December. My own damn fault, not enough lube on a 500 Linebaugh Long case (50 Alaskan cut down to Linebaugh Long) and it got stuck. You would think the case rim would give before the shell plate broke, nope, both failed. I had to sit on hold longer than normal, but was patient considering it was my fuck up and understanding how crazy things are. End result, they got on the phone, got me taken care of--have to love a truly "No BS" warranty--even when its your fault. Part came int he mail three days later.

you obviously dont own your own business.
you do not grow your employee base or expand machinery during a temporary boom. only to fire the employee or watch the new tooling sit unused 6-12 months from now.

everyone needs to settle the fuck down, breathe, and be patient.

Yep, it sucks that its hard to get product right now, but this just proves the need to stock up when product is available.

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying all the powder I would need for this summers shooting season before the panic. Now it looks like I'll have a mild summer of shooting because of it, but that's life.

So we've got people here that expect a company to just go out and higher new people, train them for a short term inconvenience....got to love the ignorance. I'm guessing the negative Nancie's never worked in the customer support business or managed their own company.

Creature...what problem are you having. There are far too many people on this site that can help to simply ignore them for the sole purpose of staying pissy with Dillon.

Thats right any thing to do with shooting, ammo ,bullets reloading equiptment is going to be back loged. Check out Midway anything ar related is out of stock no back order. You just need to put yourself on notice and buy it quick before it goes out of stock again. Dillion is a great company doing the best they can.

People got to have patience, and if you are that hard up for attention well that is sad. it is funny to see people whine about things. They have no clue that you just do not ramp up production. I can see perhaps getting temp staff for packing orders etc, but if you do not have product to ship there is no point. To the less intelligent types, Federal, CCI, Rem, and Win were running at capacity before this last event. They have been since the last event. But individual poor planning does not justify whining like a little kid. Grow up!

I stuck a case yesterday and broke a decapping pin. I called Dillon and got a busy signal. I had to retry 4 times before it rang. Talked to the operator and got transferred to who I needed to talk to. After a 40 minute hold I was connected to a very friendly and helpful individual. My replacement decapping pins were in stock, as well as a universal decapping die. He said they would go out Tuesday.

I cannot ever complain about dillons customer service.. They have always been top notch and some of the nicest people I have met when I visited them last fall..

OP needs to chillax..

They just gave me an RMA for a 22 year old tumbler. Told me they would refurbish the entire thing including replacing the motor at no cost to me. Customer for life type service right there!

Creature is online yet won't come on here and let us know the problem so he could be helped...wonder why.

Have used Dillon equipment for over 25 years. Mike Dillon has supported the industry while many on this forum were in high school pulling themselves....In the midst of the panic driven mania, I purchased this basket case on another forum for 120.00.
Squaredealbasketcase_zps63b34f26.jpg

Went through the process, obtained an RMA number with a polite request to refurb and rehab. For a bargain price, I got a new box with a press that looked like brand new in less than two weeks. Dillon still has industry standard customer service. They never outsourced their call center to India, their techs can still tell you more about the press than you know every day of the week. Please give them a break if call volumes are high. They are the same good people they were six months, six years and longer ago. Please excuse me while I get up and get another glass of the blue kool aid.

Last edited:
Dillon makes a great product. I own hornady gear. The one nice thing about hornady in my experience was great customer service. I had a defective primer punch and a primer shuttle go bad and I called hornady to get replacements. No wait, no questions asked. New parts were at my front door that week

Last edited:
I finally broke a piece on my 20 year old 650.

It took a few tries to get past the busy signal, and a wait. But once I got a person, NP, part arrived 2 days later.

And I asked about the new color coded primer pickup tube ends, and they gave me enough for my all my primer pickup tubes.

You should tell that to every manufacturer in the country that deals with firearms, ammo, powders, primers, and everything else that people are short of.

I'd not spend a lot of time telling them how to run a business unless you want to just buy it and run it yourself, they have done fine so far without scouring the internet for business advice.

I got them last week for a few parts, took me an hour, but you know what, I wasn't tied to the wall, my phone has speaker on it, and I loaded about 450 rounds of 308 while I was waiting. As one of the guys who was ready, I have spare parts kits for all my machines, so now all I need to do is order replacements for the replacements when stuff breaks.

I'll bet heavy I've spent more at Dillon than 99.9% of the people out there, our company puts their production machines in for them and I say one thing when they are too busy to get to the phone, thank God someone in this country is finally working their ass off, making a shitpot full of money, and doing it without the government's help or permission, (Dillon Precision, not Dillon Aero obviously).

Maybe this would be better if it were posted to 'facepalm', where sympathetic folks can whine upon each others shoulder's in some sort of digitized circle jerk.

sean

Last edited:
When scrap prices tripled; my company hired extra employees, trained them with the understanding that their positions were to be part time to help us get through the scrap boom (400$/ton) of 6 years ago. Every summer we hire employees full well knowing if and when we get slow they will be laid off or "terminated". This is how the co structure industry works in the non union outfits. I see no reason why the firearms industry should or would be much different. I could be over simplifying this analogy, but man, just because your hammered busy doesn't mean you shouldn't be expanding even if it is temporary in order to deal with added demands for products or services. Spending 3000 dollars on a rifle, paying 1/2 upfront and not getting an estimates date of delivery is bull shit. This is the only industry I know that gets away with stuff like this.

Last edited:

Sure. Just do like all the Banks and other companies with crap for Customer Service have done. Hire some moron or outsource to a foreign country where you get to have your English with a local flavor.

You'd rather just have the phone answered by "somebody" rather than somebody that actually knows what they're talking about? Why not try something different? Send them an e-mail inquiry and then go do something worthwhile. They'll get back to you.

If you think Dillon's going through a rough time you ought to see what the companies that sell crappier product are going through. It's insanity out there.

I'll stick with Dillon and if I have a problem I'll just spend a little more time figuring it out myself. Glad I planned ahead and got a spare parts kit (that I haven't had to tap for almost 5 years now).

Perfect Storm? Make that "Perfect Shit Storm".

I see no reason why the firearms industry should or would be much different.

How many people call looking for advice about how to repair or need parts for their scrap metal or want a custom scrap metal built?

When scrap prices tripled; my company hired extra employees, trained them with the understanding that their positions were to be part time to help us get through the scrap boom (400$/ton) of 6 years ago. Every summer we hire employees full well knowing if and when we get slow they will be laid off or "terminated". This is how the co structure industry works in the non union outfits. I see no reason why the firearms industry should or would be much different. I could be over simplifying this analogy, but man, just because your hammered busy doesn't mean you shouldn't be expanding even if it is temporary in order to deal with added demands for products or services. Spending 3000 dollars on a rifle, paying 1/2 upfront and not getting an estimates date of delivery is bull shit. This is the only industry I know that gets away with stuff like this.
Training to be a gunsmith takes the better part of 2-3 years for the easy stuff. The guy I had make me a beanfield rifle spent 3 years in school and 4 more as an apprentice before going it alone. I waited 13 months to have a custom hunting rifle made for me, but it had a 14.75 LOP, and fits me like a purpose made glove, and shoots as if the bullet has a laser guided tip. Dillon may be training more folks right now, maybe not. I think there is a little bit of difference between training a knowledgeable CS staff that knows every last part of their presses (they currently have 4 in production, and provide service for 4 that have been discontinued) and a guy who sort scrap metal. CS and general labor are different enough I thought it would have been more obvious.

On the other hand.....while they may take care of the presses they bailed on the tumblers. I bought one of the extra large tumblers because they replaced motors when they blew up and continued to improve things. They took care of them in the past. When my motor blew I called for help and they told me to send it in and they would replace the motor and send it back at my expense. They wanted about what it cost me for the new tumbler to replace the motor. The agent was pretty rude about the cost of replacing the motor so maybe they've had a lot of complaints recently. I'll never buy another tool from them. If they won't take care of the stuff they have out there then why should I buy more?

Frank

On the other hand.....while they may take care of the presses they bailed on the tumblers. I bought one of the extra large tumblers because they replaced motors when they blew up and continued to improve things. They took care of them in the past. When my motor blew I called for help and they told me to send it in and they would replace the motor and send it back at my expense. They wanted about what it cost me for the new tumbler to replace the motor. The agent was pretty rude about the cost of replacing the motor so maybe they've had a lot of complaints recently. I'll never buy another tool from them. If they won't take care of the stuff they have out there then why should I buy more?

Frank

This sounds like an out of the ordinary experience IMO.. How long ago was this? I would call them back if you still have it and maybe talk to a supervisor if you get the same response. They will likely take care of you, and make you happy.

Frank

They have never warrantied electronics and other parts that are not made by them.

I do not think, or expect a company to warrant a tumbler motor indefinitely. If they do, I would consider myself fortunate.

As far as not getting an answer on a phone call, that's pretty much standard, these days. Dillon has a good reputation and one crybaby won't change it. I notice that the OP has not bothered to come back and answer several requests and offers of help. This tells me he might be an instant gratification type and has switched to his other hobby of coloring within the lines. Just kidding, but hey, I tried to order some 22 rimfire from Midway a month ago. Twelve pages of "out of stcck, no back orders" except for Lapua @ $115 a brick.

So, everybody is panicked, hell, I bought two handguns I didn't need, since the election. I think we just have to put up with shortages and long waits for a while. One guy is not going to change Dillon's reputation, I still think they make a good product and their customer service is probably severely strained right now. BB

edit: motors and their bearings are precision balanced. Except for vibratory tumbler motors that have a weight attached to the shaft which puts them deliberately out of balance and causes excessive heat. They are sure to go out before any other type and the user should expect it. BB

Last edited:
I do not think, or expect a company to warrant a tumbler motor indefinitely. If they do, I would consider myself fortunate.

As far as not getting an answer on a phone call, that's pretty much standard, these days. Dillon has a good reputation and one crybaby won't change it. I notice that the OP has not bothered to come back and answer several requests and offers of help. This tells me he might be an instant gratification type and has switched to his other hobby of coloring within the lines. Just kidding, but hey, I tried to order some 22 rimfire from Midway a month ago. Twelve pages of "out of stcck, no back orders" except for Lapua @ $115 a brick.

So, everybody is panicked, hell, I bought two handguns I didn't need, since the election. I think we just have to put up with shortages and long waits for a while. One guy is not going to change Dillon's reputation, I still think they make a good product and their customer service is probably severely strained right now. BB

edit: motors and their bearings are precision balanced. Except for vibratory tumbler motors that have a weight attached to the shaft which puts them deliberately out of balance and causes excessive heat. They are sure to go out before any other type and the user should expect it. BB

Calling names huh? Some real highbrow shit there. I've been busy, piss off.

As to people bitching like they were a co-owner of the company, give it a rest. I didn't insult Dillon. I've been using their products for years and have spent thousands of dollars on their equipment. I felt fine doing it because they went above and beyond normal customer service. I can't say this is the case now.

I used to be a Dillon zealot and would highly recommend their equipment to people who were looking to get into reloading. Now I feel kind of guilty that I recommended them to a friend who just bought a 650. He doesn't have a computer and can't get through on the phone and is just shit outta luck. I've called Hornady and RCBS in the past month and got someone one the phone to help me each time. Don't tell me things can't be done right.

All I did was make an observation based on my personal experience. I emailed them on 3/8/13 and still no response. Doesn't matter now, problem has been solved.

Last edited:
Apparently, I struck a nerve with "crybaby"? I apologize. <snicker>

Don't call the 1800 line. Call the other one. Everyone is calling the toll free number.
I've been a cuustomer for over 18 yrs. They are just swamped. I got into the cue and still had to wait 47 min on hold.
Not mad at them, broke a press twice in 3 weeks. I've got a 6'6" orangutan brother that keeps breaking shit. Both times
they had (square deal handle) and later the shell plate bolt out the door and to my house in a week. I just had to wait
on the phone a long time. Their customer service is still awesome. New business, gonna take a while, broken parts
for a current customer, they are still amazing.

Calling names huh? Some real highbrow shit there. I've been busy, piss off.

As to people bitching like they were a co-owner of the company, give it a rest. I didn't insult Dillon. I've been using their products for years and have spent thousands of dollars on their equipment. I felt fine doing it because they went above and beyond normal customer service. I can't say this is the case now.

You kind of did in a condescending sort of way. I've gone back and reread your post and the subject header and you assume that because you can't get through to them, or you have to wait what you think is an unreasonable amount of time, their C.S. must somehow be AWOL.

I used to be a Dillon zealot and would highly recommend their equipment to people who were looking to get into reloading. Now I feel kind of guilty that I recommended them to a friend who just bought a 650. He doesn't have a computer and can't get through on the phone and is just shit outta luck. I've called Hornady and RCBS in the past month and got someone one the phone to help me each time. Don't tell me things can't be done right.

Again, you're coming off as a spoiled child. Because things are busy at Dillon and all other reloading gear manufacturers, you feel that C.S., once their strong suit, is no longer--to the point of feeling "guilty" about recommending them. DramaLlama much?

Have you tried calling RCBS, Hornady, Lyman and Lee, just to see what wait times might be? Probably not.

All I did was make an observation based on my personal experience. I emailed them about a week ago and still no response. Doesn't matter now, problem has been solved.

You've done more than that, now for a second time.

I could see your point if, over the course of the first 2/3rds of 2012, you had the same experience, but whining about it during the busiest time in every manufacturer's existence, smacks of one being impatient and utterly clueless as to the true scale and magnitude of this buying frenzy.

Anyhow, this will be my second and last post on the matter.

Take a pill and chill out a bit, things will be fine.

Chris.....