• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Customer Service=Non-existant?

As has been noted, the industry is extremely busy lately. I ordered some Hybrid Bergers that were marked in stock from Bruno's. In the meanwhile, the status was changed to out of stock, so I decided to give them a call. On three separate days, I called at different times of the day. The phone was busy every time. The other day, my order went to shipped. This is all very unusual. Go to your LGS and you will be lucky to find any remotely usable powder.

I know that there are many industries that are used to ramping up and ramping down very quickly. I used to work in the construction industry. It is a perfect example. They have high pay scales to compensate for the fact that you probably won't be working the whole year. The firearms industry just isn't structured that way. This industry trains up people expecting them to stay on for a while. As a result, I am sure that they don't have the process in place to onboard employees very quickly like you see in construction or oil exploration.

I have been cutting them some slack. As has been referred to on this thread, we don't have much of a choice.

Fwiw, I have called Dillon twice since Sandy Hook. I had to wait a while both times, but in both cases, got a polite and very knowledgeable customer service representative.

Last edited:
Some people dont understand how to chill out and give time for things to blow over...The shear volume they are seeing is mind boggling and they probably couldnt even hire enough staff the handle this problem. Just because they do hire more people to answer your phone call doesnt mean they can make more product to sell to cover the wages...They could literally customer service them selves out of business. It takes a lot more than hiring a few people to increase output in manufacturing than it does collecting scrap iron. You need to support them right now and not insinuate their customer service sucks when literally every resource of every firearms accessory manufacturer in the USA and to include other countries is being completely sucked dry.

I have spare parts for my dillons and after 2008 I will always be ready and maybe people here might have sold you what you needed to get you up and going but I wont because I dont like whining very much. No name calling just be an adult and think to understand

Bet you money had you called and gotten a newby that didn't know what you wanted, you would have been on here crying about that too, right? So much for extra staff.

The store I work in was a normal stocking dillon dealer, not right now. Word to the wise don't read the instructions so you don't break your stuff, cus if you do minimum 4 weeks to replace the part. If you don't like that sell your dillon stuff I'm sure someone else is more patient and would be happy to have a broken press that they can wait to have fixed.

The store I work in was a normal stocking dillon dealer, not right now. Word to the wise don't read the instructions so you don't break your stuff, cus if you do minimum 4 weeks to replace the part. If you don't like that sell your dillon stuff I'm sure someone else is more patient and would be happy to have a broken press that they can wait to have fixed.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

I guess if you break the main frame and want them to fix your stupidity you could get into a month wait, but they just sent me couple chicken shit parts for one of my 1050's.

Let's pretend this is real life now, not facepalm.

I call on my crackberry on the way home from work, takes three times to get a ring, pretty sounding girl asks how she can help, as always I say I broke my crap, need parts.

On hold for 49 minutes total, Larry( i think) gets me going, takes credit card, says it may not go out AM, but possibly day after.

I'm in Tucson, second day after I speak to Dillon, Fed-Ex throws the box over the fence and I'm all set.

Of course maybe I'm special, I get told that alot lately, I'm just not sure why everyone keeps telling me that.

And I'll buy your stuff for retail price if your sitting around with nothing to do because Dillon won't help you, take a look at ebay and see what kinda of ROI that would bring.

sean

Last edited: