• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Powder Check Die

Gosu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2012
How do I get the Dillon Powder Check Die to stop having powder stick to it? I am using Titegroup.

Interesting question.................I've never had it be a problem for me, of course I don't use Titegroup? I'm sure you've cleaned the index rod to make sure nothing is on it and it's not statically charged. Dillon usually has great customer service although rumor is it's hard to get through lately.

Last edited:
Interesting question.................I've never had it be a problem for me, of course I don't use Titegroup? I'm sure you've cleaned the index rod to make sure nothing is on it and it's not statically charged. Dillon usually has great customer service although rumor is it's hard to get through lately.

I used a dryer sheet on it. It is new. I bought it from Brian Enos, worse case I call him or email him, but I thought I would ask here first.

I used some never dull and polished the brass sensor till it gleamed like gold. No problems since.

Wipe the entire thing down, inside and out, with isopropyl alcohol? Dryer sheet would be my next step if I lived in a high static area.

Chris

Wipe the entire thing down, inside and out, with isopropyl alcohol? Dryer sheet would be my next step if I lived in a high static area.

Chris

The only thing on the powder check die that gets close to the powder is the blunt end of the brass sensor. Polish it smooth and shiny you will have no problem. Use brasso or whatever. Never Dull is what I had on hand and it was the tits. Something that leaves a little wax will help keep the powder from sticking.

Just spent a good few hours polishing the crap out of two Dillon powder measures yesterday hoping to get the best out of them with stick powder. Its kind of a futile effort and I have been pulling my brass after the drop to trickle to desired weight. The measures do benefit from polishing and anti static wiping.

I am going to try a new sheet and polish the little bugger up. Just it drives me nuts, I am not perfect but I like a clean area.

Probably a dumb question, but are you sure the powder is sticking to the powder check and not flicking out of the case on index?

Using Titegroup in 9mm and it is less than 50% cap, but I did consider that until I observed a couple times it sticking to it.

If it's static, and you have really low humidity, getting humidifier could help. Static voltages go WAY up in dry climates.

50% rh plus I live in NY, I am in the northern Florida for humidity.