• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Dimensions for Flush Cup Sockets

crossgun

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2008
N.E. Ohio
I know all of you are familiar with the push button sling swivel and the socket/flush cup. What I am looking for is details, specs and or dimensions of the actual cup or socket. I would like to machine this feature in to a couple of items.

Any help or direction would be appreciated

Re: Dimensions for Flush Cup Sockets

I have Blackhawk flush cups in hand and the holes should be 1/2"x1/2". IOW drill a 1/2" hole 1/2" deep to mount the socket. Use expoxy to coat the hole, tap cup in with rubber mallet or 1/2" wooden dowel, wipe away excess exopy. Instructions suggest mounting the forward cup 13-17" forward of the trigger...

Strat,

He is asking for the actual dimensions of the flush cup itself. Which, I posted in a post in his duplicate thread in Sniper's Hide Equipment. Cross, please review your own posts before duplicating a thread. Anyway, I have copied and pasted from your other thread:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just did some quick and dirty measurements on my flush cup on my TRG-22. Here are the figures:

Depth: .360"
ID: .370"
OD: .450"
Channel ID: .420"
Channel top from top of cup: .040"
Channel Bottom from top of cup: .150"

Hope that helps

Josh
</div></div>

Oh, so he wants to actually mill the cups. Getting that little channel for the bearings is the tricky part I guess. Thanks for getting me straight MD...

The secret is to use 5/8" socket head set screws and bore them out from the tip. A few of these plus the cost of the set screws and you'll be buying them from McMillan like the rest of us!

I think the better answer is to mill/drill out a hole the OD of the flush cup and then just epoxy a cup in there. Maybe I am simple minded in going the easy route...

Josh