• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY ELFSTER'S ~$100 annealer!

I have parts on order for something very similar. I saw this a while back and started researching diy annealers, I came across a thread on AR15.com with some good ideas I am going to give a shot like a automatic feeder. It will add to the cost, but will still come in much less than a manufactured one.

Thank you for doing this video. I love playing with stuff like this!

I saw that today and it looks like a good winter project. I subscribed to his channel; lot's of good videos and he gets a lot of info in less than 15 minutes per video.

Reactions: elfster1234
I have almost all the parts except I can't figure out what he uses as the notched cylinder piece which feeds the brass one at a time down to the "on deck" ramp. Anyone have some thoughts they can share?

I built one of these about a year and a half ago. Best $50 I've ever spent. I went with the automatic case feeder and it needs some tinkering every now and again to get it to work, but it makes life a hell of a lot easier.

Attachments

• 1517148599286996381917.jpg
    1517148599286996381917.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: shootnrelease
I have almost all the parts except I can't figure out what he uses as the notched cylinder piece which feeds the brass one at a time down to the "on deck" ramp. Anyone have some thoughts they can share?

I used a piece of 2.5 inch UHMW. I then took a .500" ball nosed end mill and ran it lengthwise to create a large groove just big enough for a piece of brass. It works great for cases with a .473" bolt face. I have yet to try any 6.8 SPC or .223 cases.

Reactions: jb1023
Thanks MM and SR, and Elfster of course. Now with the rod piece figured out, as soon as I finish up this project at work I think I will start putting one together.

Reactions: elfster1234
I used a 2" hole saw thru some laminated plywood then notched it to fit the brass. I also read people using a 2" wooden dowel

I used a 2" hole saw thru some laminated plywood then notched it to fit the brass.
This is what I was planning on doing. I saw the prices of some "plastic" bar stock and decided this would be much more cost effective.

I buy the propane cans at Home Depot for $4. No need to make anything.