• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY Weapons of the Syrian Rebels

I didn't realize that Syrians still wear Mullet hair do's until I saw the fellow on the anti-aircraft gun in the back of the pickup. I guess some "classics" die hard.

Some pretty slick ideas. Some of which look like the came straight out of paladin press but still. That howitzer was particularly impressive.

Oh and its Erector set...had way too many sets of those as a kid. Prob why I turned out to be a Mech Engineer.

intersting stuff, really like the guy smoking at the mortar factory.

need to save that one.

I impressed by the rocket factory. I guess I need to start hanging out with my neighbor just in case I need to use his lathe one day.

That stuff looked like they hired American 13 year old kids to design it. but, if it is stupid and works...it isn't stupid.

Guns

Dedication right there. I have to give them credit, they are doing something few thought possible, and looking good doing it (mullets and sandals, the new combat casual)

OP thanks for post that. (A lesson staring most here in the face)

They may be rude an crud but they work, and are being built and used by folks that have the sack to do something. The illusion of reality is not lost on those folks. Use your's to take theirs, is as old as history.

Had a timid Russian female looking for a welding job once, she picked out a Russian buzz box stick machine she knew, and laid H,V, & O/H beads a 5 year welding vet would have been proud of. Put her on a quality American machine and left her alone for 15 minutes, then came back and tested her. She passed the cert test,(X-ray) no problem.

Good gear only makes the task easier, but you have to have heart to even start to over come oppression. Those folks have more sack than most, want to give credit to.

I wonder why the round aircraft rocket pod in the bed of the truck has english writing on it

Very interesting photos. They remind me of a book I once read about the early stages of trench warfare during the First World War. Initially the armies were short on effective trench weapons and had to improvise. There were a number of "bomb" throwing devices used including catapult and crossbow designs. Grenades, being in short supply, were made from food tins and by simply lashing explosives to handles. In some cases old Coehorn mortars were hauled out of museums and put into service. The improvised shotgun grenade launcher in particular bares a striking resemblance to the mass produced British Burns cup discharger made for the SMLE. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Splean.

What a great bunch of guys!
It looks like they sure need some help getting armed. We should get some of the arms we gave to the Libyan rebels to them via Turkey.
It would be great to help out a group like these guys. I bet they would love us for it.

Pretty sure were all on the NSA watch list now because we viewed those pages.....oh well....its a work computer anyway

I remember Wile E Coyote using the dynamite and sling shot trick. It didn't end well for him.