• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DMR Pics

Re: DMR Pics

imag0155cd.jpg

imag0157wp.jpg

AP it's the Recon mount. Call Scott at Liberty Optics he should have it in stock along with the 20 MOA Recon Mounts.

IMAG0016.jpg

Only pic I have of it now, but I took off the Leupold and put an NXS 1-4x in an ADM Recon mount and harris bipod on it. I love this rifle!

Added LMT Lower with A2 and Geissele SSA-E. Just got the Ops. Inc brake/collar and the 12th model left now
smile.gif

ng8eg.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
spr002.jpg

spr006.jpg
</div></div>

What brake is that? me like

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
spr002.jpg

spr006.jpg
</div></div>

What brake is that? me like </div></div>
Thats the Rainier XTC. I'm running the same comp. When aimsurplus.com has them in stock there $56.95 free shipping. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?i...&groupid=54
They usually get stuff back in stock pretty quick.
It's a great comp for the money in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boone is that the leupold VX-R patrol? </div></div>

Why yes it is.

Regarding the Rainiers XTC Compensator/Flash Hider it is extremely effective. I have another one on my Midlength Carbine. We noticed not only did it drop all the felt recoil out of the rifle. It wasn't loud! I shoot with Surefire Ear Pro's when I can. I have electronic headphones but only wear them when I have to. I kept my surefire ear pros on and never felt like I needed to stop and get my headphones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proud Noob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Built it myself.
The parts that really matter:

WOA 18" 1/7 twist
Geissele SSA-E

Shoots 1/4 MOA groups at 200 yards so far. More than adequate.

PC046422.jpg

PC046395.jpg
</div></div>

Me Likey.......

Droolin over all the M1A's up there... Hey all, keep in mind in the "theoretical world" when you ever become DM's, the Butler Creeks need to flip DOWN! Don't add any more signature than is necessary.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do 10.5" precision rifles count as DMRs?
grin.gif

DSC01554-1.jpg

</div></div>

Beautiful 10.5 you have there Trident, how far is that? Also how do you like the Sopmod? Thats what i have planned for my SPR. </div></div>

Thanks brother, the distance in that video was 600yds. I'm a really big fan of the SOPMOD with one important note...while the actual SOPMOD is a wonderful stock in it's own right, I believe that it goes into a class of it's own when run in conjunct w/ a LMT RE. When you adjust the stock it feels honestly straight up "hydraulic. Also when you shoulder it there is zero wiggle or play. So basically I really like the whole SOPMOD assembly as opposed to just the SOPMOD stock on it's own.

I put UBRs on my precision pieces, and SOPMODs on everything else. Those are the only two stocks I use these days.

Here is a recent video w/ the MRP CQB 10.5" w/ MK262 and some XM856s at 773yds.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcSSwyfZcy0&feature=youtube_gdata"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcSSwyfZcy0&feature=youtube_gdata" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

DSC01966-2.jpg
</div></div>

I love your setup! Rifle looks and performs awesome!

M21 SWS Rosey 009 by Hillbilly Skeeter, on Flickr

M21 SWS Rosey 001 by Hillbilly Skeeter, on Flickr

Sadlak Airborne Mount, Sadlak Tin NM Piston, Sadlak NM Spring Guide, Schuster Adj Gas Plug, 22" NM Barrel. Only had it out to 500 yards as of yet. 43 gr RE15 under 178 AMAX will flat blast a milk jug at that distance all day. Fairly decent on 2 liters, but mostly reserve those for 3-400 yard shots. Can't wait to take it farther.

Thinking of building my old lady a DMR got alot of ideas from you guys in this thread

rifle on pack 800 by xmtgllc, on Flickr

LMT MRP Rifle 5.56
SS 16" Stick
Magpul MIAD Grip
Vltor Stock-Soon to be replaced by a UBR Stock
LMT two stage trigger
LaRue Mount
Springfield Armory 6X20X56 Scope
LMT Front Sight
Troy Flip Rear Sight
Viking Tactics Sling
Brownells Alumihide FDE

When I get the scope that will remain on this weapons system, it will get some paint as well.

Screw it... DPMS lower with Geissele DMR, Magpul UBR, Wilson Combat Upper, White Oak 18" DMR, Troy Rail, Vortex Razor 1-4X
2723164027_large.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Not the most accurate of DMRs, but I wanted something that would mimic the rifle I'd deploy with to train on, which is a M14 EBR. I'm still recovering from surgery so I haven't got to shoot it, but I will be taking it to a Magpul SPR/DMR class in April to see how well it does out to the 6.

DSC00178.jpg

Made a cheek pad out of a SAM splint folded up. Looks ugly but its comfortable and puts me right behind the Leupold where I need to be. But it seriously looks out of place with the brand new stock!
grin.gif

Mk12 Mod1, mostly correct parts except barrel is Noveske 3-land SPR profile made for MSTN. Deviated with Seekins rings, USO scope, and Larue instead of ARMS for QD parts

I posted this on another forum not long ago, but I think it applies here.

Well, I've tinkered quite a bit with the setup of my patrol rifle over the years. My department issues the Colt AR15A3 (6721 I believe it's called). Yup - with the evil 1/9 twist and everything. Since we issue 55 grain soft point ammo from black hills, it's not an issue. As an aside, I have a decent quantity of BH 77 grain 5.56 loads that shoot just fine out of it, but I don't carry it since it isn't our issue round.

When we first got issued these rifles several years ago, they had no lights on them. I used my own surefire 6p in a simple barrel clamp. I eventually added a tape switch of dubious make, but it worked for me. The only problem was the clamp would slide back and forth on the barrel no matter how tight I clamped it. I eventually used some sort of glue that pretty well kept it in place, but is still there even though the clamp is long gone.

What is started life as.
100_2392.jpg

I bought an EO Tech 512 and threw it on there. Great upgrade. I know they are wildly unpopular here, but I changed the battery out maybe once every six months, always ran lithium AAs in it, and it still works just fine. The EO later found it's way onto and SBR.

IMG_2778.jpg

We changed light mounts to a front sight-mounted rail and ring with a G2 setup shown here:
IMG_0542.jpg

They looked sturdy - in fact, they were just awful. They shot loose and would fall off the gun. The light stuck out so far, walking around would cause the switches to come loose and fall off - dumping the batteries. We tightened, retightened, locktited, and they still wanted to shake loose. When you put them in the case to sleep at night, the side pressure on the switch turned it on - we went through a metric shit-ton of batteries. These mounts were universally hated. We switched to a simple, ugly, but very sturdy mount from Elzetta.
IMG_0540.jpg

Like I said, this thing is ugly. But it works beautifully. We have 85 rifles, almost all have this mount on them. Not one has broken, had a screw come loose, melted or caused us any problems whatsoever. They're completely ambidextrous, and easy to use. All of our battery draining light AD's went away, no cas fall off, and they caused no issues with the racks in our cars - they work well for us. They're relatively inexpensive too. About the only complaint was the barrel shadow, but even that is not bad. They're very good light mounts if you want a very KISS system for not a lot of money.

I decided I wanted a little magnification on my rifle, and the racks in our cars really kept the options limited. I decided that the ACOG TA-33 was the best all-around that would work in my car. I bought it, and still love that little scope. Very clear optics, easy to use at medium range. In bright light, could be used as an OEG with the cap closed, so close in stuff was doable. But not everyplace had enough light, the the mild illumination of the tritium didn't do it inside someone's house using a weapon-mounted light. And no way to quickly access your BUIS. I made due for awhile, but wasn't happy since so much stuff happened up close in the dark. Very good for being on a perimeter, though - if it wasn't for that damned front sight post.
IMG_2623.jpg

One nighttime rifle shooting later, I was able to talk the admin into Aimpoints in Larue mounts. I was very happy. I had already thrown a Larue mount on the ACOG, and could carry the rifle in the car with the aimoint on it, and throw the ACOG in my pocket for instances when I ended up a little ways off and wanted the ACOG. I even went to a school where I switched between the two plenty between drills. It worked very well for me, and the superb Larue mounts kept my zeros set every time.

I decided I wanted the FSB out of the way, and would like my barrel free-floated. My cheif gave me the OK to try it out. I ended up putting the JP forend on it, magpul BUIS front and back, and a TLR-1s in front of the front sight on top. I really dug this setup, and is still what I use. I had a couple of old versa-pod bipods that I have tried out on sniper rifles and pretty well despised. But for this, the base for the versa pod worked at a hand-stop. If needed, I could throw my bipod on and be very stable. I modified the versa-pod bipod by drilling and tapping the right side, and putting a thumb-screw in it. Now I can put it on and get rid of the flop.
2012-01-15140754.jpg

My little modification:
2012-01-15140839.jpg

The base for the versa-pod:
2012-01-15140709.jpg

Now, I can carry pretty much anything I want. As it sits in the rack, I can jump out and engage shit quick with the aimpoint. It's pretty slick.
2012-01-15140439.jpg

If I know I'm going to be there awhile and want to peek in a window or see a little further, I can take off the aimpoint and throw on the ACOG, put on the bipod, and let it hold the weight a little. Even set up as a perimeter gun, it is much lighter than any real sniper system. And I like having options riding up front with me.
2012-01-15140658.jpg

So what's next? Not much. I'm pretty happy with this setup as-is. But I can't leave well-enough alone. I got a Leupold VX-R patrol 3-9. This is a SFP mil-mil scope with the center of the TMR reticle illuminated. This might replace the ACOG in my bag as the DMR-type optic role. I'm waiting on the mount (it comes in tomorrow), so I can test it at the range Wed.

After that, I can't think of anything I would do to improve the rifle's capabilities for what I do.

Well, I got a mount for the new Leupold scope in yesterday. The supply Lt ordered an ADM mount instead of Larue. But it was in my hand, so I gave it a try. Not bad - but if I were to spend my own money I'm not sure I would have gone with it. But it held zero on the few times I took it off and put it back on.

BTW - I'm in lust with this optic for what I intend to use it for. Once zero'd, I only had 7 mils elevation up - but that'll get me out to 600 no problem. I didn't snap a pic since I was busy running the range most of the day and shot when I got the chance. Although twice the size of the ACOG TA-33, it still serves it's intended purpose. Now I gotta go take it out and stretch it out a little. I was surprised how little the groups were when I shot it at the range is a colt rifle with box stock trigger using 55gr soft point ammo. Not benchrest groups, but definitely between the headlights at 100 easy. I don't go back to work for a few days, but I'll post another pic with the luppy in the ADM mount. I got plenty of options with one platform - nice to have.

Those pics I promised

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Like I said, this is not the primary carry mode for this rifle, but is just a tool for the tool box.

A brief update. I went out so some range work today, and took the little colt with me to try to test out the ADM mount/ Leupold combo. On the way, the Aimpoint was on the rifle, and I thew the Luppy on when I got there.

I brought one mag of 28 rounds of our duty ammo with me. I fired 3 on steel to see if the comeups were right on my little ballistic calculator. They seemed right on. So I decided to shoot the remaining 25 on paper, taking the scope off and putting it back on every 5 rounds. My first shot as a smidge high - but the trigger isn't exactly a glass rod breaking (I've never really tried to shoot "groups" with this rifle). On 9x, it was kinda hard to see what was going on at 100. The center circle is 1.5". The wind as 25 with higher gusts - not a problem for the bullet so much as it moved me around. I felt like I really threw a couple of shots, but didn't see anything outside the black after than first shot. After shooting the group with the removal and replacement of the scope several times, I as shocked at how well this factory Colt barrel with a box stock trigger did. I know those two high and left are ugly, but otherwise I thought this as stellar performance for a 55grain soft point ammo through a 10-year old barrel that has not exaclty been babied. this is the whole group - all 25 rounds.

2012-01-31123723.jpg

Anyne who says a factory chrome lined barrel can't shoot is flat wrong. I would have never expected this sort of performance out of this rifle.

BTW - with a 50-yard zero, I came down 0.5 mils at 100 (the program said 0.4 mils). I feel confident I can just hold the 1/2 mil hash and hit what I want. This 50-yard zero is supposed to be spot on at 200 too. Didn't have time to go back and shoot at 200, but I'm kinda excited about this setup. I hope this wasn't a fluke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1807.jpg

</div></div>

Lets see some more pics and get some details on your big boy toy you have in the back ground. ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anyne who says a factory chrome lined barrel can't shoot is flat wrong. I would have never expected this sort of performance out of this rifle.</div></div>

I'm with him. I got this barrel used and I honestly didn't expect anything close to what I got. I was hoping "Maybe if it's around an inch and a quarter I'll be happy...". I was out of words when I got done.

Mine as it sits now:
IMG_19391024x576.jpg

Best 2 groups thusfar (shooting Southwest Ammo RnG 69gr SMK @100yards):
AR_4.jpg

AR_2.jpg

Got an Atlas BT10 on tap and hopefully a Geiselle SSA not too far behind. And some more 69gr and 77gr SMK loads and HOPEFULLY trigger time to compliment it when everything gets here.

Also thinking about the new SWFA SS 1-6 later on. I wanted to do something along that magnification range for this rifle, and it looks like for my budget and what I use the rifle for it will be my best bet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtbutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Lets see some more pics and get some details on your big boy toy you have in the back ground. ;-) </div></div>

Just a DPMS upper and lower, RRA trigger, bbl cut to 20 and recrowned. It's my gas gun that is basically an experiment I pieced together over about a year and a half. Weaver tactical scope. Shoots very well.

2011-11-12214601.jpg

It's the one here that's not a bolt gun. I wouldn't say it's a DMR type - it's a purpose built precision rifle and is heavy as hell. Wouldn't want to carry it around all the time.

This would be a bit heavy to carry all day, but it works. Here's my 9-year old shooting steel at 200 with it.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfDEJAUo6do&feature=g-upl&context=G26b39d7AUAAAAAAAAAA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfDEJAUo6do&feature=g-upl&context=G26b39d7AUAAAAAAAAAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Couldnt let an opportunity go by to show off my 6.8SPC SPR
smile.gif

-Seekins matched upper/lower
-White Oak 18" 6.8 SPCII SPR Barrel 1/11
-Seekins 12" BAR Rail
-Magpul UBR w/Spikes ST22 heavy buffer
-Timney 3lb Skeleton trigger
-BAD ASS Ambi Safety
-Seekins Billet mag button
-PWS Bolt Carrier with WOA Matched Bolt
-PWS FSC30 Compensator
-Magpul Miad Grip
-Magpul AFG
-Inforce low pro WML light
-GG&G XDS quick detach bipod
-Topped off with a Leupold illuminated Mk 4 M1 4.5-14x50 in a Larue Tact SPR-S mount

My Pride and Joy...

P2080198.jpg

P2080199.jpg

P2080200.jpg

What height rings are you guys using? I have a 18" spr barrel and a spare upper was thinking about finishing the upper build.

I'm running the larue SPR s mount... And a 50mm scope.. It depends on your objective lens diameter.. Usually though, because of the high AR stockweld, most scope mounts for ARs are about 1.5" centerline above rail surface...