• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DMR Pics

sprice

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
Utah
Anyone have an ar15 or any other rifle for that matter set up as a DMR type rifle?

To me DMR means 16-20" barrel, semi automatic with at least a 20 round detachable magazine, and a scope that's either a fixed power between 3 and 5x, or a variable from 1-9x.

I don't have one yet and I'm looking for ideas...

Re: DMR Pics

Yep this is mine. I'm still saving my pennies for the suppressor but other then that it is complete.

DSC_0170.jpg

DPMS large frame receiver, 18 inch SASS barrel chambered in 308 Winchester, Vortex 1-4x24 optic.

Mine is an LMT MRP with 18" 5.56 SS barrel and USO 1.8-10x37. No pics yet.

It was really spec'd to be more of an SPR, but it meets your criteria.

Here's one for you to ponder!

Rockriver Varmint A4 18"
USO 1.8x10 Tpal
Trijicon RMR RDS at 45*

Stock forearm is now replaced with a PRI Carbon Fiber FF with the Midlength full rail over receiver (really tightened things up).

DSCF0706.jpg

Present configuration!
49303f4a.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

It's an LWRC REPR 20in with 20in barrel. US Optics SN-3 1.8x-10x, surefire scout light, harris bipod, burris fastfire ii in an offset predator tactical mount, Thunderbeast 30P-1 titanium suppresor. Slings 175SMK's to 1000 yards plus easily and is accurate is hell. The drawback....is was expensive as hell.

Short Action Customs built AR15

Black Rain upper/lower set
Krieger 7tw, 20" cut for 77SMK's at mag length
Shilen 2 stage 3lb trigger
Some kind of super expensive ass CF handguard and barrel nut and adjustable gas block on a rifle length system.

American Rifle Co. - 40MOA 30/37mm mount
Wells Custom 5.56 Suppressor
LR-Accuarcy "Light Tactical" bipod

Nightforce 2.5-10x32 NPR2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have an ar15 or any other rifle for that matter set up as a DMR type rifle?

To me DMR means 16-20" barrel, semi automatic with at least a 20 round detachable magazine, and a scope that's either a fixed power between 3 and 5x, or a variable from 1-9x.

I don't have one yet and I'm looking for ideas... </div></div>

SPR or DMR look at the MK12 mod 0

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1948183&page=all

This is my SL8. I love my SL8. It's the SL8-4, the Euro version.
It's sadly my only gun so far, but hey, I'm 21, there's a life full of guns still ahead.
laugh.gif

908ca7aa569d46f59acaacca8f67744d.png

jl2VGJyLr2eYE.JPG

I built this one from the ground up using all Noveske parts where I could. Its built around an 18 inch 1/7 barrel with the switchblock. Groups average about .75 moa with Mk262; velocity is around 2840 FPS.
IMG_20110622_164433.jpg

IMG_20110622_164956.jpg

IMG_20110622_164805.jpg

I had a smith mil out a section to accommodate the switchblock.

Mine is close... a bit to much scope but otherwise right.

244442d73da1_08a5f158-2b8a-4dc2-9195-97958baf9d25.jpg

Gap-10 18" .308 badger thruster break with leupold mk4 4.5-14

Wow, nice milling job to expose the block.....I've never seen that....badass. Great looking rig too.

Well the Army uses the M14 EBR so that's what I got!!!
Springfield M1A Scout Squad
Sage coyote tan Designated Marksman, M14, EBR Tactical Aluminum Chassis Stock

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_20111024_144956.gif

The Army uses the Mark IV scope either in a fixed 10 power or the 3.5-10X40
I went with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50.(and I still have back up iron sights) I live in the desert so I needed a little more power for the scope. This scope has been awesome. The eye relief on 4X is amazing, I can get a fast, clear acquisition even with the stock all the way extended.

I wanted a rifle that if the s#!t hit the fan it could be the only gun I would need. I would grab the EBR or my 12guage before I would grab my AR 15...

The 1-4 PST is a solid scope. The glass is of good quality and it tracks perfectly. But the illumination feature could use some work and I'd prefer a FFP reticle. But the reticle is certainly fictional and usable.

I put this together a few years ago but unfortunately since then I haven't been able to do much shooting so it sits in the safe most of the time. It is my take on a NY legal SAM-R and sort of a mirror (in feel) to my A2 pattern CMP Service Rifle.

-T marked BCM upper (they were out of etched)
-BCM full auto BCG
-Krieger 20 inch 1/7 with a Wylde chamber (NY compliant) turned chambered and installed by CLE
-KAC RAS
-PRI flip up FSB
-KAC 600 meter buis
-Larue SPR mount
-Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8 (which is really a 3-9) with TMR and M2 knobs
-I have a Harris 6-9 and a Harris 9-12 on Larue and ADM mounts that I use on it both with Pod Locs
-Lower has an A2 stock with I think a Geiselle SSA trigger

IMG_0286.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can see I need to get off my ass and build one. </div></div>

agreed!

If in 5.56:
1) 18-20 inch barrel (need velocity)
2) MOA or better
3) 3x9 optical sight (compact, lightweight, good magnification range, stick a red dot on the 3X9 for the close in speed stuff)
4) Collapsible stock to shorten when needed
5) Then take pity on the enemy - whomever that may be

Some new DMR rifles have quite a lot of magnification. The German military G28 DMR has a S&B 3-20X56 scope and the New Zealand military will use a Leupold 4.5-14x.

Is there an official desciption of DMR?

I personally wouldnt be too concerned with official descriptions, and instead go for what you believe best suits the role of a DMR on the battlefield you wish to simulate (or fight on, if you're in the business).

It's like the scout rifle concept. Sure, it's described in detail, but it's not a rifle I'd wish to take scouting any time soon.

18" White Oak 7 twist bbl
VTAC tube
Colt bolt
RRA two stage match trigger
blah
blah
blah

IOR 2.5-10 glass

It shoots bugholes.

001-8.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911nbmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my two DMR's.
Bushmaster3081.jpg
</div></div>

Please tell us a little about this one.

BCM 18" bbl.
Troy VTAC
Leupold 3.5-10X40
BRO Billet set

Still need to shoot it before I post pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purchased this one recently.

DSC_0084.jpg
</div></div>

All you need and nothing you don't. A very KISS approach.

I like the eotech setup. I have a 3x behind mine on an A.R.M.S. qd flip mount, wouldn't mind getting a 5x, but I like how fast it is to transition from mid-range to cqb. ACOG's are nice too, don't have to buy any batteries

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USGILT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">johngfoster

"That top pic is frickin' outstanding!"

I only wish I had a back yard like that. </div></div>

Thanks. That's about 5 to 10 miles behind our house on some friends property. Lots of room to "stretch the legs"
grin.gif
Here's another one:

dsc1071p.jpg

Awesome rifle and excellent photography. I wish I had somewhere like that to shoot.

6.5 grendel.

Mega upper and lower
Satern 16 inch button barrel M4 profile
Larue SPR
Leupold MK4 4x14 illum reticuleTMR
Geissele combat trigger
Grippod
Magpul PRS
magpul trigger guard
TornadoTech .308 stubby suppressor.

DSC06340.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Purchased this one recently.

DSC_0084.jpg
</div></div>

Specs? I like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC01388-1.jpg

This is one of the best I've seen. Great rig trident1982, the stippling is a nice touch </div></div>

Thanks brother, I appreciate the kind words:)

DSC00616-1.jpg

DSC01413-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC01388-1.jpg

This is one of the best I've seen. Great rig trident1982, the stippling is a nice touch </div></div>

Thanks brother, I appreciate the kind words:)

DSC00616-1.jpg

DSC01413-1.jpg
</div></div>

Can't help but agree, that is one rock'n set up. Exceptional work!!

If the butt plugs that have my barrel ever get it to me mine will be done.
2011-11-05_14-52-02_182.jpg

2011-11-05_14-52-16_620.jpg

2011-11-05_14-52-29_454.jpg

CMMG receivers
JP FF tube and adjustable gas block
BCM gunfighter charging handle
Geissele trigger
Magpul PRS and MIAD
Vortex Viper 6-20 PST and Vortex/ADM mount
Thunder Beast Arms can coming soon

As for the BBL I should have known better and we'll leave it at that
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: esheato</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My submission.

1214419886_b33NE-XL.jpg
</div></div>
Whats the specs on this one?

Do 10.5" precision rifles count as DMRs?
grin.gif

DSC01554-1.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UuQoOc9So5A"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UuQoOc9So5A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the specs on this one?</div></div>

Parts breakdown:

Doublestar lower (milspec is milspec IMHO)
DPMS LPK with a JP single stage trigger (2.2 lbs)
Magpul MIAD grip
Enhanced trigger guard
UBR stock in FDE
Troy Battlesight on the rear
Larue M4 SPR 1.5 optics mount
NF 2.5-10x32 NP-R2 with Zero Stop illuminated scope
BCM 18" 1:8 stainless steel SPR upper w/ PRI carbon fiber forend
Front sight is a PRI flip up
Ops Inc 12th Model muzzle brake
Brownells "Infidel" dust cover

Heres one I just had done recently.