• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do I need a shotgun?

21011C40-FD45-4591-9E11-3C9D9F5C9385.png

978E5EDF-B4D9-4E8B-8E27-9162CE50D3B9.png

CB9BD58C-094F-4DD1-BFFB-9E06A665FE35.png

473A2A35-4717-4EA3-8CB8-CC269671C67F.png

F59797A5-C7D9-455B-A55B-7CC9550673DE.png

3167A811-94FD-43DA-9991-B369425F34C4.png

Barrel and adapter are on their way to GunBlack for modification…..

Have to go through this to find a good picture of the rifle sight adapter to help locate where the sight fits fore and aft on the adapter.

Almost looks to me in some pictures front of sight is flush with the front of adapter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Average guy
Better to have a bayonet and not need it than to need a bayonet and not have it…..

33FDB652-2C73-4296-B236-FA4BCC7315AC.jpeg

AED7A22C-5285-45DC-AA35-98C6894B8724.jpeg

Running the MOD choke tube. I also have IMP Cylinder and FULL.

I used silver permatex anti seize on the threads.

Looks like the wrench accepts a tourque tool are these supposed to be set to a tourque?

Thinking the barrel may have been left a CH too long.

Better “too beaucoup” I guess than “tres petite”.

Looking at the magazine extension, wondering why it’s not engaging with the detent.

541F5944-DC0A-4B48-A7DF-9DC7AB9D1627.jpeg

0E3511C1-8242-4605-92E1-A8D21DA654A6.jpeg

Looks like the wrench accepts a tourque tool are these supposed to be set to a tourque?
No....not needed. And, I supposed anti-seize is fine but I shot registered skeet for decades and everybody I know just greases them. Any sort of synthetic bearing grease will do...doesn't have to be expensive "shotgun" grease. haha

And, again just about everybody I know would put a thin layer of grease on the smooth sides of the choke as well as the threads. Carbon and general crap can get in there and getting a stuck choke out is no picnic.

I don't know who did your screw choke job, but consider also getting an Improved Cylinder (IC) choke. Just about the most versatile choke, IMO. .010 constriction. Aside from turkey hunting, I don't see any need for full chokes (.035) with modern shotshell ammo. They were needed when everybody all shot old crappy card wad shotshell ammo.

Congrats on your project....you should bring it to a skeet field....with the bayonet on. You'll be a big hit! :cool: haha

Better to have a bayonet and not need it than to need a bayonet and not have it…..

View attachment 8379522

View attachment 8379523

Running the MOD choke tube. I also have IMP Cylinder and FULL.

I used silver permatex anti seize on the threads.

more likely to accept some assistance to remove a stuck tube. which happens. ive seen it more on Remingtons than any other guns

Reactions: Baron23
No....not needed. And, I supposed anti-seize is fine but I shot registered skeet for decades and everybody I know just greases them. Any sort of synthetic bearing grease will do...doesn't have to be expensive "shotgun" grease. haha

And, again just about everybody I know would put a thin layer of grease on the smooth sides of the choke as well as the threads. Carbon and general crap can get in there and getting a stuck choke out is no picnic.

I don't know who did your screw choke job, but consider also getting an Improved Cylinder (IC) choke. Just about the most versatile choke, IMO. .010 constriction. Aside from turkey hunting, I don't see any need for full chokes (.035) with modern shotshell ammo. They were needed when everybody all shot old crappy card wad shotshell ammo.

Congrats on your project....you should bring it to a skeet field....with the bayonet on. You'll be a big hit! :cool: haha

I got a MOD, IC and Full Choke.

The USMC barreled them as MOD.

I'm not really a shotgun guy, don't know much about them.

Just figured it would be a good gun to have and it grew into a project from there.