• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do I need a shotgun?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Grips shrunk pretty hard and it was advertised as a 1969 repack but appears to me it's a 1974.....

image.jpg

Oh well if I ever get my adapter I will now have a useless knife to attach to it.

I'm taggin in on this thread. Late, but what the hell. We sit on 2 870s in our house bought probably 50 years apart. Mine bought in the late 90s, my FIL (now sons) I'm guessing 40s or 50s.

His is a helluva lot nicer. Maybe a little inspiration to 'play' with mine for a project.

Can’t go wrong with an old Wingmaster. I’ve owned a lot of shotguns over the years, some for field use, skeet shooting, duck hunting etc and still favor an old wingmaster with some history.

Edit: just saw you’re handy work while cruising the thread. It’s looking good!

Last edited:
18th of August will be the 3 month mark since sending my parts to GunBlack fingers crossed I get the metal back soon.

In the meantime...

Got a case of this from TargetSports...

image.jpg

$150 delivered and I will have something to shoot this guy with...

image.jpg

Meanwhile my wood has about 50 coats of linseed oil and I give it as much sunshine as possible...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Serially; it's gun. What's 'need' got to do with it?

Owing to old age-related decrepitude (I had my sternum repair surgically re-repaired last week) 12ga is a memory. Fortunately there's enough #3 buck pellets in a typical 20ga buck round to serve most purposes. I have also discovered that modern semis are not the jam-o-matics they once were. So I have a pair of them in 20ga, and a responsible supply of #3 buck for them. (I.e., if I live through a full mag and two reloads, they did their job...)

IMHO, it goes like this; first, you grab the shotgun and use it up. Then you use the handgun to take out the leakers. Still here; good. Last step; If you're crazy enough to attract the really distant hostiles' attention; use the long rifle. PC Carbines can help too...

It's about like buying a tool set.

Some of them will get used more than others, and some may seem to go about forever without use; but the day you get rid of those, it's very likely you'll suddenly need them the next.

Never be ashamed to own a shotgun. Even old decrepits like me have a couple.

Greg

Last edited:
My first guess is no. I think the whole piece of wood is scaled down in size.
I don't know for sure though.

That was my thought also...than looking at the barrel channel I see so much more "meat" than what has been cut from my 12 gauge hand guard.

Issue is the mag tube...is there room to bore it open to 12 gauge......

Try killing a dove or duck with your AR.
A 12 gauge shotgun is the LAST long gun I would get rid of.
A shotgun in the house is mandatory in Merica. Either a Mossberg or Remington will suffice.....

Now comes the 922 compliant parts so I can add a 7 round mag tube. $325 just for the mag tube...

Now comes the 922 compliant parts so I can add a 7 round mag tube. $325 just for the mag tube...
do people honestly pay attention to that shit?.....is that honestly ever enforced?

"yes, that trigger that is completely identical to that other trigger was in fact made in america, can you prove it wasnt officer?"

Reactions: camocorvette
do people honestly pay attention to that shit?.....is that honestly ever enforced?

"yes, that trigger that is completely identical to that other trigger was in fact made in america, can you prove it wasnt officer?"

It may not be enforced, I really don't know. But I will spend the money cause I'm just that kinda guy.

No reason to have more dollars than sense.......

Is this still available?

That came out amazing.

I am a little unhappy with the wood.

One of my coats must have picked up some moisture on a humid day and I'm not liking the "feel".

Some use and a few light coats will get it where I want it.

I am a little unhappy with the wood.

One of my coats must have picked up some moisture on a humid day and I'm not liking the "feel".

Some use and a few light coats will get it where I want it.
Is it tacky?

Is it tacky?

Feels smooth in hand just feels "damp" best I can explain it.

Doesn't stick to skin nor grab the towel when wiped with a cotton towel.

Had similar happen on other wood. More time to cure, shooting and some micro lights coats seem to cure it (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Feels smooth in hand just feels "damp" best I can explain it.

Doesn't stick to skin nor grab a towel when wiped with a cotton towel.

Had similar happen on other wood. More time to cure, shooting and some micro lights coats seem to cure it (no pun intended).
It’s ruined. The only thing to do is send it to me for disposal.

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
Turned out nice. Who did the metal finish again? I know I seen it somewhere but couldn’t remember. Makes me want to get my 97 clone done now since I’ve been lazy and forgot about it

Looks broken. Send it to me for testing.

What brand of buckshot?

Nobel Sports Italia.....smells like garlic and onions when fired. They use a slice of pepperoni to seal the hull.

Got a case of 250 delivered from TargetSports USA for $150 even.

Low recoil, pretty baby blue hulls to catch the eye of the ladies.

Reactions: Average guy
They make the shotshell for the Italian Olympic team. I hadnt ever heard of them so i looked them ip before i bought a couple boxes

Nobel Sports Italia.....smells like garlic and onions when fired. They use a slice of pepperoni to seal the hull.

Got a case of 250 delivered from TargetSports USA for $150 even.

Low recoil, pretty baby blue hulls to catch the eye of the ladies.
I use their low recoil buckshot a lot.

Keep an eye you for the federal with the flight control wad. It’s the bomb. I prefer the LE low recoil with flight control wad.

I use their low recoil buckshot a lot.

Keep an eye you for the federal with the flight control wad. It’s the bomb. I prefer the LE low recoil with flight control wad.

That stuff is unobtainium here.

I find 8 pellet patterns a little better too.

That stuff is unobtainium here.

I find 8 pellet patterns a little better too.

What's your preference in pattern?

I'm not a shotty guy but my first thought is I am pretty happy that all 9 pellets are in the chest case at 10 yards.

Lots more wounding and damage than if it were any tighter.

I wanted to try at 20 yards but the stands were not available.

I'm thinking at twenty I'm going to have some pellets off target with the 18 inch barrel.