Do Kydex Leather Combo Holsters Exist?

1911addict42

Learning and practicing
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
Las Vegas
Hi guys,

I have been researching the following and have come up short... Are there any quality holsters that have Kydex to secure the slide (I want that “click/lock”) and leather for the remainder of the holster? Would that even work properly?
I haven’t seen anything from reputable companies, and definitely not for the guns I want it for. (EDC X9S and Bul SAS UL 2)
Are there any custom holster makers that can make one for me and do a good job with it?

Thanks!

Choid

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I have a couple. They work well. Workmanship is quite good. They look like a kydex holster, but are leather on the inside.

Reactions: 1911addict42

1911addict42

Learning and practicing
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
Las Vegas
You know, I haven’t done much concealed carry, so experience is limited, but is a high quality leather holster sufficiently safe and (almost) as good as Kydex? Is the locking mechanism truly necessary?
I WANT all leather, but don’t want to make a mistake based on personal preference.
When I look at your suggestions, and they’re good ones, I find myself longingly looking back at products from Wright Leather, Milt Sparks etc.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Big fan of Garrett holsters.

I have a half dozen or so for revolver and pistol.

A few have G Code adaptors.

My daily carry Combat Cmmndr model is 12 years old, no leather delamination, and only broke belt loop fixture once and I replaced it.

Reactions: Tweedycarcass23jonb

Tweedycarcass23jonb

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
SW Idaho
Do you have hands on experience with those? From what I saw on their site, I wasn’t impressed.
Granted, quality typically doesn’t come across well virtually, but it looked kinda... cheap quality.
I have one that I’ve actually used in several uspsa matches. I Really like it a lot.

Attachments

Reactions: 1911addict42

1911addict42

Learning and practicing
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2020
Las Vegas
I have one that I’ve actually used in several uspsa matches. I Really like it a lot.
Thank you for those pics, it does look nicer than on their site. (Garrett should work on their marketing materials!
That’s quite a few endorsements for Garrett, both on here and the 1911 sites.
I’ll give it a shot for the Bul SAS Ultra.
Went with the Milton Sparks Summer Special 2 for the Wilson.
Thank you all!

Levi

Reactions: Tweedycarcass23jonb