• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Do recoil characteristics tell you anything?

Little Yoshi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2010
Odenton, MD
Everytime I fire my rifle, the recoil is up and to the right. From a slow fire perspective, it really doesn't bother me. I just re-adjust and let rip. However, I see some guys that are right back on target after each shot. Is that just experience on their part or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Do recoil characteristics tell you anything?

You're losing position. How tight are you slung up? Your position should be so solid that if someone came along and pushed you, a solid position should bring you back to natural point of aim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're losing position. How tight are you slung up? Your position should be so solid that if someone came along and pushed you, a solid position should bring you back to natural point of aim.

</div></div>

Sorry, should have mentioned I am shooting from prone. No sling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Little Yoshi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: libertyman777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're losing position. How tight are you slung up? Your position should be so solid that if someone came along and pushed you, a solid position should bring you back to natural point of aim.

</div></div>

Sorry, should have mentioned I am shooting from prone. No sling. </div></div>

Why? Are they illegal for the competition?

Are you shooting off a pack or bipod? If you're off the bipod when do a search on pre-loading the bipod. Use this search engine instead of the one here.

Sniper's Hide Search Engine via Google

If you're shooting off a pack, try a bipod. If you have to use a pack then there are some things you can do with respect to control using your free hand but I'll defer to those that are more experienced.

You should look at joining the online training, it costs, but in a week or two I have been on there, it has dramatically increased my shooting.

Make sure you're pulling the rifle tight into your shoulder, that will help with recoil management.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Little Yoshi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everytime I fire my rifle, the recoil is up and to the right. From a slow fire perspective, it really doesn't bother me. I just re-adjust and let rip. However, I see some guys that are right back on target after each shot. Is that just experience on their part or am I doing something wrong?</div></div>

What is the outcome?