• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Do the Sheep See The Sheepdog?...or the Wolf?

Re: Do the Sheep See The Sheepdog?...or the Wolf?

gotta say idont blame em for trying but the book on the floor says indy metro police?if i need a sniper to do overwatch for me im NOT going to have one of the local leos help me out.would be nice to know that the shooter has been hand picked from the best of the best to do that duty considering what could go wrong.gees where is mark whalberg when you need him lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hi Speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To pro actively cover a crowd with a weapon against their will?</div></div>Perhaps we should get them all to sign waivers beforehand?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: motodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gotta say idont blame em for trying but the book on the floor says indy metro police?if i need a sniper to do overwatch for me im NOT going to have one of the local leos help me out.would be nice to know that the shooter has been hand picked from the best of the best to do that duty considering what could go wrong.gees where is mark whalberg when you need him lol. </div></div>I agree 100%. Makes me think that there's almost no curcumstance that this guy would get the green light to pull the trigger. Simply there so people know he's there. After all the pic was "leaked".

I thought for sure the rifleman in question would have come forward by now. Anyhow, I'm sure the NFL didn't put out a craigslist ad asking for a sniper to provide overwatch for the super bowl.

What would be the point in coming forward? Seems the folks here have already got it all figured out. Apparently he's an amped up beyond the law gubment type who thinks he is better at protecting everyone than they are with a pair of POS binoculars who spent the day pointing a rifle at innocent people. Not sure what else needs to be said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would be the point in coming forward? Seems the folks here have already got it all figured out. Apparently he's an amped up beyond the law gubment type who thinks he is better at protecting everyone than they are with a pair of POS binoculars who spent the day pointing a rifle at innocent people. Not sure what else needs to be said. </div></div>

Okay...LOL...that was funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would be the point in coming forward? Seems the folks here have already got it all figured out. Apparently he's an amped up beyond the law gubment type who thinks he is better at protecting everyone than they are with a pair of POS binoculars who spent the day pointing a rifle at innocent people. Not sure what else needs to be said. </div></div>

All I know is that the guy watching the crowd is one of the good guys. Most of us appreciate his service and would feel very comfortable having him protecting our families. I just hope that person isn't catching too much heat over this whole thing.

If ANY of you believe that a national event such as the Super Bowl or World Series that draws 10's of thousand of people into one place is not covered by shooters you would be naive at best foolish at slightly better. I dare say that ANY event that draws thousands will have shooters in position. Be they local, county, state or federal will depend on the event but you can bet they will be there.

If you are there and spend too much time looking up into the towers instead of at the event I'm pretty sure you will find yourself in close proximity to one or two uniforms and a "guy that always seems to be there".

Range cards..... yep. Rounds on target before the event too. Wouldn't you like to know how those big a$$ed heating/cooling ducts affect your shot? Or if there is a principle in a glass box how your round is going to act going into it.

If it was your job how would you approach it? The guy doing the job is "hopefully" a bit smarter than the rest of us. I tend to think they are. I also tend to think many of them inhabit this forum.

.02 from the cheap seats.

Cheers,

Doc

They are not the only ones, the 2010 Superbowl in Miami had 3 border patrol TRT units in action, rotating duties throughout the day... one in the air at all times, one "backstage", and one on standby. You can bet that some form of Homeland Security is always around when these things are going on, plus an assortment of other agencies.

You guys who like to whine about being covered against your will would be singing a different tune if some shithead with an AK started lighting you up during the halftime concert. "Why didn't someone do something?" - I can hear it now. It's Katrina Syndrome all over again.

An event like this is a huge security nightmare not only because of the multitude of civilians but also because there are so many famous folks there (not just athletes, many celebs and politicians like to attend), which adds another layer of risk because they are targets too. Add in worldwide media coverage, and you've got a psycho's unilateral wet dream.

I'm sure Indy PD wasn't the only unit on the scope, but IMHO it's a good thing that someone is. If you think they are painting you all game long, perhaps you should loosen your tinfoil and lay off those watered down concession stand beers.

Nicely said brother!

The snipers on my department's team were in similar positions when we hosted the Super Bowl in 2008. As for their skills, our snipers attend traings and schools in and out of state several times a year, as well as shooting sessions weekly. They are pretty good at what they do. Are there better shooters out there, absolutely, but they aren't cross eyed retards with deer rifles either.

This is standard procedure, requested and approved by the NFL. Anyone who has been involved in a Super Bowl or BCS bowl game (such as the national championship) knows the vast array of security that is employed, and that most of it (as this should have been) is never seen by the public.

Very cool thread. Some of those pics were amazing!

Is this all there is to whine about? Really? Seems to me that had this not "leaked" nobody would have know and nobody would have cared! I'd rather be covered by one of ours than one of theirs! It's a no win situation and nobody's ever happy because I don't want a rifle pointed at me...or why didn't somebody shoot that guy before he killed me wife, child, brother, sister, etc. I'd be willing to bet that Indy Metro has snipers that are as talented as any of you...or maybe even more?