• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

do you suppose gas prices will go down?

Re: do you suppose gas prices will go down?

Neither, for as long as they can stand it. Personally, I would rather see us get out of the Middle East rather than have gas prices go down.

There are two sides of this issue; science and politics.

On the science side, there is growing evidence that we have entered into a peak in oil and natural gas exploration and discovery. This issue is rolled out with a fairly even hand in the book, "The Long Emergency." Most of the discussion is being driven by the environmental crowd, but the scientific data is hard to refute. The conclusion of this theory is that fuel prices will continue to climb because oil will become increasingly difficult to get. At some point, according to the theory, it will take 1 barrel of crude (energy) to process 1 barrel of crude (refined product}. At that point, it becomes an exercise in futility.

On the political side, our president made the statement that
"Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Coal-powered plants, you know, natural gas, you name it, whatever the plants were, <span style="font-weight: bold">whatever the industry was</span>, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers" (San Francisco Chronicle, January 2008}. The theory seems to be that if energy prices increase, consumers will use less, therefore decreasing green house gases, etc. This doesn't even touch the issue of our foreign policy which is all over the map. The consensus seems to be that the priority is for us to appear as "nice guys" all over the planet. How this will effect our oil import is a mystery but one can speculate that it won't be good.

Short answer, no, gas prices will not go down. We will see ups and downs along the way, but not over the long run.

I would rather see us sell it cheaper as petrol and raise our refining charges. The final price will always be dictated by a global level market. Right now we have diddly crude but refine a lot. I don't know if we control enough to be effective, but if you could move the final cost to the services rather than crude, we'd get a bigger piece of the market than just stumble on an oil field.

Remember, no company is gonna pass on the profit. And even the gov't would screw you blue as a consumer if the discovery was funded by them. Worse, they'd surely leverage it to manupulate consumption to different technologies where they have thus far failed to legislate such coercion. There would be progressive prices, just like taxes. Oh, you have a truck but don't work construction, well you pay an extra fee.

I'm far more interested in the miniature fusion reactors being developed in Taiwan than petroleum or natural gas, or solar, or hot air.

Out of the Middle East? To go where? War's as much dirty industry as it is dirty politics. I can't more seriously state that 9/11 has been a huge, huge, huge boon to many of "technology oriented" companies. DC/NoVa is called the "little silicon valley." Huntsville, Al is a boomtown, Raleigh/Durham, NC. has been growing tremendously too. Nobody is gonna shut down that river of money, especially not in a recession. Without fear, budgets don't get approved, and that means visible conflict must endure.

So, North Korea? Do we feign a return home and take a little detour to South America? The Middle East has blessed us with, historically speaking, relatively low casualties so why risk jungles on a new front? Besides, Ahmedinejad is giving us ample reasons to sell the public on danger vs NK. Russia has a big interest in South America, so that's a no-go with any better option.

yeah made me sick when i heard that last time, what was it? last summer? when gas went insane and the gas companies made RECORD profit!!! like record breaking never before made that money profit, and while we were all eating the cost, they were saying it was cuz the cost of crude oil went up, what a bunch of BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We should own opec bottomline. </div></div>
First, we must destroy the Na'vi!

Expect $3.00 by Summer..............
And the Big Oil Co's, are not the reasons for the HIGH prices.Nor, their great profits.........
It's Mkt Speculators.
It's a fact, been proven.
I wish they would legislate the ETF's out of existence, and this shit.
Make folks take dely, our volitility would be so much less.
Got nearly NO $$$$ in the game, and can control thousands, millions, Short/Long, badda boom badda bing.

already 3 bucks here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Expect $3.00 by Summer..............
And the Big Oil Co's, are not the reasons for the HIGH prices.Nor, their great profits.........
It's Mkt Speculators.
It's a fact, been proven.
I wish they would legislate the ETF's out of existence, and this shit.
Make folks take dely, our volitility would be so much less.
Got nearly NO $$$$ in the game, and can control thousands, millions, Short/Long, badda boom badda bing.
</div></div>

Already knocking on $3 here. I expect it to be $4 by summer.

where in the hell is it knocking on $3 in Ohio, you have pipeline all around you, your also $25c cheaper than us more often that not.

I can spit hit one refinery, and a dozen gas terminals.

Prices of petroleum products will continue to rise in the U.S. even if worldwide production remains staus quo, as long as the dollar continues to decline in value. Throw in a little economic recovery, inflation based on federal deficit spending, and no efforts by the Fed to stop the dollars slide, $5 per gallon might be something we'll see in a year or two. Oh, I hope not....!

if i had it my way oil would be back at 140$ a barrel and gas at 4$ plus. But that is what i do sell oil and gas. Anyone in the business that tells you they dont like OPEC is lying. Its sad but OPEC dicides what you pay not the U S oil companys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where in the hell is it knocking on $3 in Ohio, you have pipeline all around you, your also $25c cheaper than us more often that not.

I can spit hit one refinery, and a dozen gas terminals. </div></div>

I commented to the wife on Tuesday that I had found gas for $2.51 that morning on my way to work. On Wed. they started predicting snow for Thursday and gas prices went up to $2.79 eveyrwhere, and $2.89 at the mom and pop shop by the house.

see nobody cares. Most have other issues to deal with. Now is the time to do what we do

Our state is 2nd most broke in the country, she is thinking of adding another $1.40 tax to the already $7.50 pack of cigs, and antoher $1.00 A GALLON to the $3.00 super price right now..

Fuck gasoline, fuck cigs!

I just hope price of diesel and Copenhagen comes down! Lol

Seriously all this price gouging shit (including guns, and groceries) is getting fucking ridiculous!

the only reason gas prices are so low right now is because the economys in the crapper.

When it picks up so will the gas prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lot to sheeple responses that are clueless.

</div></div>

YES

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lot to sheeple responses that are clueless.

</div></div>

YES </div></div>

YES YES

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lot to sheeple responses that are clueless.

</div></div>

YES </div></div>

YES YES </div></div>

YES YES YES

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see a lot to sheeple responses that are clueless.

</div></div>

YES </div></div>

YES YES </div></div>

I think so

YES YES YES </div></div>