• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone have expearence with shooting .270 win at long range?

I'm just asking. Do you have pics of targets? Where is the difficulty with using this cartridge for long range work?

I'm new at anything beyond 200 yards. Want to learn.

accuracy is everything

How about the .277 140 gr hornady sst with a bc of .495? Just asking.

accuracy is everything

Yes accuracy is important and a custom 270 will no doubt shoot well. I say yes most of the problem with 270 is bullet selection. .495 BC at 3000 fps would do fine for long range use. Compare it to roughly the same BC as a 175 gr 308 bullet at 2650 fps and there you see the difference.

Well I'm going to get the swfa super sniper 6x42mm mildot and dnz mount. Will use this on my .270 till I break 600 yards. After that the scope will go on the Swede. And I'll purchase the 10x for the .270. I'm gonna make this happen. It will happen when the wife lets me. This will be a fun project. I have fun shooting any way. Now a new challenge.

Sorry the rifle is howa 1500, 22 inch. Hunter type rifle Hogue stock with full bedding.

Last edited:
Never tried it but I like the idea. Why not try something different?

There are a few bullets out there that can be tried. If you run out of options before you find something that shoots good, that is where things might get a little tight.

It would be cool to see someone shooting well with a .270.

But then again, I'm easily entertained by rifles.