• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone have small rifle primers in stock now?

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
I know this sounds like a broken record, but I thought i'd give it a shot. i'm going prarie doggin' over memorial and fell short on small rifle primers
frown.gif
, if you know where a guy could get some i'd really apreciate it,

Steve

Re: Does anyone have small rifle primers in stock now?

Gunbroker has them at $120/1000, I'm sure.

Then go without. The market is experiencing a shortage right now.

I have about 4000 that I'd trade you for large pistol primers if you were local.

I wonder what 5000 hardened sr primers would be worth on gb???

this is rediculous

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw lots of 5000 7 1/2 rem SR going for $600 </div></div>Geez. That's just dumb.

Anyone else catch the FGMM primers going for 1000+ per 5k? I don't know what they closed at, I just saw the auction started around 750 bucks.

I was just in Oregon City (just outside of Portland, Oregon) at a local store and they had tons of ammo and 3 boxes of Federal small rifle primers for $4/box. I was gonna get them but the gentleman behind me asked if I could leave him a box cause he was out. I let him have all 3 cause I have plenty to keep me shooting still.

But it is a sign that things are getting better. This particular store had plenty of loaded ammo in every flavor on the shelf at non super inflated prices. I have heard that people have found Varget and such there also. Not in great amounts but they at least get a little every now and then.

I did pick up some Remington subsonic .22 ammo so I can plink with my suppressed rimfires this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this sounds like a broken record, but I thought i'd give it a shot. i'm going prarie doggin' over memorial and fell short on small rifle primers
frown.gif
, if you know where a guy could get some i'd really apreciate it,

Steve </div></div>

LOL you better go after them with factory ammo or rimfire. Or better yet how about a sling shot and a damn rock. But don't let this secret out because the hoards & will start picking up all the rocks.
grin.gif

Dont you just hate having to go to the gun show to look for once fired primers
smile.gif

Seriously you might stand a better chance finding loaded ammo. One other thought is there seems to be a bunch of 17hmr rimfire ammo out there and one of those would be a nice prairie dog fix. There seem to be plenty of shotgun primers out there - could be time for a new musket.

I found those once fired primers hard to light. I use them to practice mis fire drills.

There is the almost lost art of rebuilding primers ...we may see a resurgance.

I got hooked up with 1000 CCI 400's
grin.gif
from a buddy,
I just loaded up a couple hundred 87gr V-max's in 243, now its time to start on the 223 stuff...

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got hooked up with 1000 CCI 400's
grin.gif
from a buddy,
I just loaded up a couple hundred 87gr V-max's in 243, now its time to start on the 223 stuff...

Steve </div></div>

Were those 400s a loose fit in those .243 cases?
wink.gif

LOL, I haven't even picked up the 400's yet, as you can see, I said "now its time to start on the 223"

the BR-2's on the other hand fit very nicely in the 243 cases
wink.gif

Where will you get the next 1k of primers? Don't rule out the sling shot. :~)

Getting the primers from a freind
wink.gif

the rocks and slingshot are already packed up! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just in Oregon City (just outside of Portland, Oregon) at a local store and they had tons of ammo and 3 boxes of Federal small rifle primers for $4/box. I was gonna get them but the gentleman behind me asked if I could leave him a box cause he was out. I let him have all 3 cause I have plenty to keep me shooting still.

But it is a sign that things are getting better. This particular store had plenty of loaded ammo in every flavor on the shelf at non super inflated prices. I have heard that people have found Varget and such there also. Not in great amounts but they at least get a little every now and then.

I did pick up some Remington subsonic .22 ammo so I can plink with my suppressed rimfires this weekend.</div></div>

Where might this be?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchinOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just in Oregon City (just outside of Portland, Oregon) at a local store and they had tons of ammo and 3 boxes of Federal small rifle primers for $4/box. I was gonna get them but the gentleman behind me asked if I could leave him a box cause he was out. I let him have all 3 cause I have plenty to keep me shooting still.

I did pick up some Remington subsonic .22 ammo so I can plink with my suppressed rimfires this weekend.</div></div>

Where might this be?</div></div>

Message in route