• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does anyone know where I can get images of war, run down cities, etc. other than DOD?

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    I am just curious if anyone knows where I might be able to get some imagery of war outside of the DOD? There are obviously some there but I would like to see if there are any somewhere else. It can be imagery of disasters, cars on fire, explosions, run down war-torn cities, etc. anything like that. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Stock photo places have been a bust so far. Thanks.

Google image search...
    war disaster (intense imagery)
    war conflict
    war conflict bomb

Are you seriously telling us that in the second decade of the 21st century, you do not know how to do a simple internet image search?

If it's for publication purposes you may run into copyright issues. Having said that, world news sites like the BBC always have images like those you describe given the state of the world these days.

I am just curious if anyone knows where I might be able to get some imagery of war outside of the DOD? There are obviously some there but I would like to see if there are any somewhere else. It can be imagery of disasters, cars on fire, explosions, run down war-torn cities, etc. anything like that. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Stock photo places have been a bust so far. Thanks.

I have hundreds of pictures from my time in Baghdad.

If it's for publication purposes you may run into copyright issues. Having said that, world news sites like the BBC always have images like those you describe given the state of the world these days.

BBC had a great story about Israeli destruction of Gaza infrastructure about a month ago. Lots of pictures. Got me kinda mad about Israel deliberately destroying public infrastructure until you see areas nearby that are completely intact.

I chalked it up to Hamas hiding its attacks among the schools/hospitals/Mosques,.... as usual.

They had lots of hi-resolution images.