• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Does Frank do any class' close to the north East

1911JMB

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2020
I have been shooting a long time but my long range was woodchucks pre range finder and ballistic program days
I am looking to take a class and I just finished Franks book and listening to a couple of podcasts

Curious if there is s class schedule or something to that effect. If it is here somewhere forgive me for not finding it.

Would be sweet if he could get a guest instructor spot at Sig Sauer.......

Would be sweet if he could get a guest instructor spot at Sig Sauer.......
Right I was kicking my own ass for missing Tu Lam when he was there the other month. His class was sold out insanely fast though.

Looks like an excellent facility. Would be hard to fill two days of instruction on just a 400-yard range, however.
And looks like they run their own program there, professionally run.

Taylor

Looks like an excellent facility. Would be hard to fill two days of instruction on just a 400-yard range, however.

Taylor

Sheepdog in ny goes out to a little under 1k. There are a few other good alternatives in the Mass and NH

Attachments

• BBEF13A4-18D8-47CC-B498-7570E19F6CE6.jpeg
    BBEF13A4-18D8-47CC-B498-7570E19F6CE6.jpeg
    619.7 KB · Views: 53

Taylor
They have a much longer range that they don't like to talk about. They are super nice people and it may be worth giving them a call.

There is granby in mass, a private field that puts on matches near Conway NH to 987 , Alderbrook sportsman’s club in white field to 1106. All would be possibilities for a training.

There is granby in mass, a private field that puts on matches near Conway NH to 987 , Alderbrook sportsman’s club in white field to 1106. All would be possibilities for a training.
Granby hasn't recovered their longer range yet. It is bogged down in court. They used to have to run a posted match to use the 1,000 yard range but from what I heard about a month ago, they don't even have that anymore

1K ranges in New England are like Bigfoot sightings... all that exists are crazy half-remembered tales of yore or some old blurry photos.
Us tinfoil hat enthuasiasts want to believe they're still out there in the public and not just on military bases.

take it from someone that's done it...if you're a member of a club that has a ~1k range, bring it up to the board and start setting things up, get a date etc. Once you build it, Frank and Marc will come and do their thing. You'll have an amazing time and learn a ton.

Yep, sucks to be me.
I usually end up down in PA for anything that's not plinking or a JCG match. Even F-Class around here is reduced size targets at 200yd.
Ethan Allen was fine, but I have no access since I took off the uniform. Every time I've been invited as a guest to shoot at a club with a long range in NY, MA, or CT, those lanes were closed for one reason or another. It's becoming less of a joke everytime I say I haven't greased the right palm.

I'm in Maryland and was thinking about contacting Frank to see how close he comes to the mid-Atlantic area.

Colorado and other points west are great, but it seems like way too much stuff to try to carry on a commercial airliner and that would be a hell of a drive out and back (too dang far for me).

I am good, however, for anywhere up to 10 hours or so of driving from the Balto-Washington area which takes me well north into NY (due respect to NY members, ain't my favorite state to go to with a gun) over into Ohio and maybe down to TN or Georgia.

I know there is Bang Steel in southern Virginia and Peacekeeper just over the line in W VA. I have no idea if either welcome outside instructors.

Then there is Mifflin in Lewistown and I'm sure that there are others that both NE and mid-Atlantic can drive to within reason.

And, I have a buddy who would join the class also, depending on date and family commitments.

But....we are talking about if Frank gives any clinics in the east but nobody tagged the man!! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I would be very interested in a 2-3 day clinic at a proper range.

Come on, Frank. Take our money! haha

@lowlight

In order to bring our training to your local ranges, we need a liaison / point man to coordinate things

In these cases local advocates are better than us calling someone blind, Many have no idea who we are, and want to see something or hear something more than, can we rent your range.

Renting the range is no problem when we know we have students in place, we have to travel, and travel is best accomplished with a heads up and a plan. So if you want to coordinate our training in our local area, get guys together, build interest, and have a partial list started that shows there is interest in that area. We are happy to travel but find it works must better with local shooter setting the stage.

Reactions: Baron23
In order to bring our training to your local ranges, we need a liaison / point man to coordinate things

In these cases local advocates are better than us calling someone blind, Many have no idea who we are, and want to see something or hear something more than, can we rent your range.

Renting the range is no problem when we know we have students in place, we have to travel, and travel is best accomplished with a heads up and a plan. So if you want to coordinate our training in our local area, get guys together, build interest, and have a partial list started that shows there is interest in that area. We are happy to travel but find it works must better with local shooter setting the stage.

What sort of range requirements do you have for the classes? Ex.. Ability to have XX shooters, XXXX yards, covered range, indoor classroom and so on?

Following. I’m a a member at MCSA in Lewistown, PA. They have a 1k range and have classes there run by a company called ghost firearms all the time so I imagine the leadership would be open to having more classes onsite. I don’t have any pull or anything. I’m just a regular member there but I wouldn’t mind reaching out to them if you wanna tell me what your guys requirements are for classroom space, class size etc @lowlight. I meet guys there drive down from NJ/NY all time so I think we could probably fill a class roster pretty quick.

We like to have 10 shooters signed up, we can manage more, 8 would be a minimum if the range was good.

yes we need a classroom as we have a presentation, so the ability to easily show the presentation then shoot close by, covered is not necessary but guys can bring pop ups or the portable covers, that is just value added.
800 yards at a minimum to be effective. I use a Connex and Generator in CO as a classroom. Because of Covid we had a covered line in MN with a White Board and generator we used, worked no problem, we shot where we watched the presentation.

Really the more the better, even if the location hosts matches, that means they probably have props, barricades, etc, which is a plus.

Think about if you signed up, we want to provide a value to our service, just dropping in a field with a few pieces of steel may not be worth it. But like in Nebraska recently, they had a lot of steel out to 1230, we uses a $199 cover for the shooters, and had a shop 5 minutes away we used as a classroom, worked great for all.

Reactions: JBoomhauer
Following. I’m a a member at MCSA in Lewistown, PA. They have a 1k range and have classes there run by a company called ghost firearms all the time so I imagine the leadership would be open to having more classes onsite. I don’t have any pull or anything. I’m just a regular member there but I wouldn’t mind reaching out to them if you wanna tell me what your guys requirements are for classroom space, class size etc @lowlight. I meet guys there drive down from NJ/NY all time so I think we could probably fill a class roster pretty quick.
If MCSA has sufficient facilities, count me in. Its only 3-4 hours from me and I would def do a clinic next spring/summer.

I used to set up clinics for skeet clinics by Todd Bender. You don't have to be "somebody" in order to coordinate this. The ranges see this as money making, in general, and I imagine we would do this on weekdays so the money and activity should be welcomed.

You just need to be somewhat local as it is, IME, best to have a face to face chat with the range and ferret out their requirements, sensitivity to any issues, $$, dates, etc.

I may be mistaken, but I think the club will welcome this as it is also a great motivator for members who want top level instruction and then as a result shoot more, enter competitions, etc.

Let me know if you pursue this as both I and a friend would certainly attend in Lewistown, I believe.

Thunder valley in Ohio seems nice , and with a mile or more range there is plenty of room to shot , A mile sounds like a dream to me . Not sure I like the idea of New York and supporting their high tax anti 2 A state no offense meant to the people who live there , but I do love my freedom .

Last edited:
We like to have 10 shooters signed up, we can manage more, 8 would be a minimum if the range was good.

yes we need a classroom as we have a presentation, so the ability to easily show the presentation then shoot close by, covered is not necessary but guys can bring pop ups or the portable covers, that is just value added.
800 yards at a minimum to be effective. I use a Connex and Generator in CO as a classroom. Because of Covid we had a covered line in MN with a White Board and generator we used, worked no problem, we shot where we watched the presentation.

Really the more the better, even if the location hosts matches, that means they probably have props, barricades, etc, which is a plus.

Think about if you signed up, we want to provide a value to our service, just dropping in a field with a few pieces of steel may not be worth it. But like in Nebraska recently, they had a lot of steel out to 1230, we uses a $199 cover for the shooters, and had a shop 5 minutes away we used as a classroom, worked great for all.

I just sent an email to the VP of the club detailing most of what you said. I'll keep you guys posted of his response. MSCA has covered firing lines with steel targets set up out to 1000 yards and target stands for paper out to 500 yards. The left side goes out to 1000 yards and the right is out to 500. The steel does tend to move around a bit though and isn't always set up at each yard line. I have a few plates myself that I could bring and set up if needed. They do have a clubhouse and I asked if that could be used as a classroom if this whole covid thing is over by next year. If not, we may have to do the same thing you did at MN. There's a hotel a few miles from the range and I believe you can camp out on/near the range but you need to clear it with the board of directors first.

Just south of Saratoga.
The old catskill game farm 15 minutes from Woodstock 45 minutes from my farm. They built a 1 mile range, they were taken to court...dont know the outcome that was spring of '19.

Yessir. I still remember going down there and marvelling at how big a bison is in real life. April the giraffe dominated local news for like 2 months.

I think Ed and Nick are on here, just don't know their handles. Tagging in @Sheepdog warrior 1 . If they want to comment on the DeMunn shitshow, they can.

@acudaowner
Don't think of it as supporting the DPR of NYC. Think of it as supporting the good people of the resistance.:)

Reactions: acudaowner
I'm in Maryland and was thinking about contacting Frank to see how close he comes to the mid-Atlantic area.

Colorado and other points west are great, but it seems like way too much stuff to try to carry on a commercial airliner and that would be a hell of a drive out and back (too dang far for me).

I am good, however, for anywhere up to 10 hours or so of driving from the Balto-Washington area which takes me well north into NY (due respect to NY members, ain't my favorite state to go to with a gun) over into Ohio and maybe down to TN or Georgia.

I know there is Bang Steel in southern Virginia and Peacekeeper just over the line in W VA. I have no idea if either welcome outside instructors.

Then there is Mifflin in Lewistown and I'm sure that there are others that both NE and mid-Atlantic can drive to within reason.

And, I have a buddy who would join the class also, depending on date and family commitments.

But....we are talking about if Frank gives any clinics in the east but nobody tagged the man!! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I would be very interested in a 2-3 day clinic at a proper range.

Come on, Frank. Take our money! haha

@lowlight
K&M is like a 14 hour drive

Reactions: Baron23
I’m down for that if dec/jan/feb timeframe

• Wow
Reactions: johnnyvw
While we had downtime in Iowa we worked on our Precision Rifle Training Site and after that I will create a page there that details how to host an event to include a form and requirements

It's pretty straight forward as noted above:

Liaison to Manage Local Class
10 Students signed up
Classroom within short distance of 100 yard range for Presentation and Eval
800 yard range at a minimum
Suitable target package to serve class, mix of paper and steel is no problem
Reasonable Range Rental

Two Day Class is $750
Three Day Class is $1050

That is for both instructors, we can adjust for one instructor only, this covers travel, expenses, and fees, etc.

I just sent an email to the VP of the club detailing most of what you said. I'll keep you guys posted of his response. MSCA has covered firing lines with steel targets set up out to 1000 yards and target stands for paper out to 500 yards. The left side goes out to 1000 yards and the right is out to 500. The steel does tend to move around a bit though and isn't always set up at each yard line. I have a few plates myself that I could bring and set up if needed. They do have a clubhouse and I asked if that could be used as a classroom if this whole covid thing is over by next year. If not, we may have to do the same thing you did at MN. There's a hotel a few miles from the range and I believe you can camp out on/near the range but you need to clear it with the board of directors first.

Would def be down for a Mark and Frank show at MCSA. Joined this year and the winds can be a little tricky there, would be a good spot for a class. Hotel/ bar right down the road, although bar was closed a couple weeks ago due to COVID bs. If this goes through I have some steel to pitch in.

Any joy?