• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Does Frank do any class' close to the north East

Pending the dates (work) I’d be in for a class in PA, with Frank and Mike. I have steel targets if more are needed and should be able to borrow some IPSC’s (various sizes) and T post hangers.

Reactions: Baron23
My partner for the GAP Grind and I would be game for a class in the PA/MD/VA/WV/NC area. New England would be a stretch, but I think we could manage.

So I got an email back from one of the board members at MSCA. He's getting together copies of the rental agreements and forms they use for renting the range out for training and will get back to me with that. Turns out he's actually a member on here and should be posting some more info and pics of the range in this thread.

So I got an email back from one of the board members at MSCA. He's getting together copies of the rental agreements and forms they use for renting the range out for training and will get back to me with that. Turns out he's actually a member on here and should be posting some more info and pics of the range in this thread.
I apologize if I missed it but where is MSCA located?

Disregard. I found it

Outstanding....and if this happens next spring or summer then I and @GBMaryland are both highly interested in attending.

Have you started a contact list for interested students yet or just this thread (yeah, I know...I'm jumping the gun).

If there is any help I can offer from Maryland, please do let me know. I used to set up American Skeet clinics in my area for Bender & Shima and perhaps I can help you with this if some task arises that can be done remotely.

Cheers

Outstanding....and if this happens next spring or summer then I and @GBMaryland are both highly interested in attending.

Have you started a contact list for interested students yet or just this thread (yeah, I know...I'm jumping the gun).

If there is any help I can offer from Maryland, please do let me know. I used to set up American Skeet clinics in my area for Bender & Shima and perhaps I can help you with this if some task arises that can be done remotely.

Cheers

Not yet. Just this thread. I'll see what the process is to set it up and reach out to Frank once I hear some more details. Might be better to start a separate thread for people who can attend.

MCSA (Mifflin) would be a great spot. I shoot there often. Best place near me that is open damn near daily and can reach out to 1,000 yards.

Hello all My Name is Matthew and I am the 2nd Vice President of Mifflin County Sportsman Association that @Ballistic RPh emailed.
Thank you all for your interest in M.C.S.A. I found this thread just before the first email was sent to me and I have to say personally i would love to take a class here in the north east by Frank and Mark and am happy to do what I can to facilitate that here at MCSA.

Allow me to introduce the club to you all. http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/
Mifflin county sportsman is located almost in the center of Pennsylvania just a few mins north west from Lewistown Pa near the 522, 322 interchange it is approximately 1 hr from Harrisburg, 2.75 hr from Philadelphia, 3hr from Pittsburgh, 3.5 hr from Washington DC, 4 hr from NYC and is inside a 10 hr drive from North Carolina, Indiana, and Maine. MCSA has been an organized club since 1952, MCSA has Archery, Shotgun, Pistol, and Rifle ranges and over the years have hosted many events/matches at these facilities. There is also hunting, fishing, and camping opportunities available to members, we support many local organizations like 4H, boy scouts, nwtf youth field day and Hunter ED programs.
Ok enough about the rest of the club what do we have of interest to this Group of shooters?
The Rifle range has 16 covered shooting positions 8 of them are set up on the 500 yd side of the range and have backer boards for paper targets at 25 50 100 200 300 500 there is some steel at 400 and some backers could be added. the other 8 positions sit on the 1000 yd side of the range there are backer boards that match the 500 yd side and berms every 100 yds all the way to 1000, the farthest berm/ back wall of the range is at 1040.
IMG_9385 - Copy.JPG
IMG_9402.JPG
IMG_9410.JPG
IMG_9411.JPG

As stated before there is covered shooting positions for each side of the range while there is space to shoot prone in between the benches most classes take advantage of the flat areas in front of the benches there is also a "prone/positional" area to the left of the benches, there is plenty of parking available at the range.
IMG_9392.jpg
IMG_9393.JPG
IMG_9399.JPG
IMG_9394.JPG
IMG_9403.JPG
IMG_9415.JPG
IMG_9416.JPG

The range is open to members dawn to dusk monday thru saturday and after 1 pm on sundays. The range can be rented any day of the week except sunday.
there is primitive camping areas available and space to park several camper/rvs but no hookups. The clubhouse is about 400 yds down hill from the rifle range and is available to rent for the classroom time and to sleep in. There is indoor bathrooms at the clubhouse and an outhouse at the range. The clubhouse can easily handle any size class Frank wants to put on I think they had 30 kids plus parents at the last hunters ed class.
As far as steel goes there is some steel on the range and the club has 2 moa plates for every 100 yds but it is not up currently because we are still building the permanent stands. I can get access to around 30 pieces ranging from around 10" to full sized ipsic's if Frank has any special requests ie wind chime truing bar it should not be a problem to get as there are several local companies that make ar500 targets.
As for the schedule the first full week (monday-sunday) of each month is set aside for members the remaining weekends are divided between club events and rentals week days are normally open, the club events generally start mid march and end in October there isn't much scheduled for nov/dec because of hunting season but Jan-march is usually very open, the schedule is set at the end of December and listed at the beginning of the new year. because of the volume of events/rentals the club has not invited groups/persons to rent the range in the past as they come to us, so the process has been a group requests a date or series of dates and if it fits in the schedule then the rental contract will be sent out and a deposit asked for when the contract is returned signed by the insurance carrier with the deposit the date is reserved the remainder is due by mail before the date of the rental or in person at the beginning of the rental if that arrangement is made with the club.

I am sure I have missed something as it is getting perty late Please ask any questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.
thank you all for the interest in the club and @lowlight and @Enough Said for this opportunity.

I will discuss with @lowlight at our next opportunity and we will be in touch for 2021. Thanks for the in-depth description of your range. Begin gauging interest and we'll try to firm something up. Fee schedule for instruction for 2021 is still in the works.

Just a heads up guys, I'm going to start a new thread to get an idea of how many people would be interested. Please reply in that one if you would be able to make a class for spring/summer 2021.

Reactions: kcrippen
Hello all My Name is Matthew and I am the 2nd Vice President of Mifflin County Sportsman Association that @Ballistic RPh emailed.
Thank you all for your interest in M.C.S.A. I found this thread just before the first email was sent to me and I have to say personally i would love to take a class here in the north east by Frank and Mark and am happy to do what I can to facilitate that here at MCSA.

Allow me to introduce the club to you all. http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/
Mifflin county sportsman is located almost in the center of Pennsylvania just a few mins north west from Lewistown Pa near the 522, 322 interchange it is approximately 1 hr from Harrisburg, 2.75 hr from Philadelphia, 3hr from Pittsburgh, 3.5 hr from Washington DC, 4 hr from NYC and is inside a 10 hr drive from North Carolina, Indiana, and Maine. MCSA has been an organized club since 1952, MCSA has Archery, Shotgun, Pistol, and Rifle ranges and over the years have hosted many events/matches at these facilities. There is also hunting, fishing, and camping opportunities available to members, we support many local organizations like 4H, boy scouts, nwtf youth field day and Hunter ED programs.
Ok enough about the rest of the club what do we have of interest to this Group of shooters?
The Rifle range has 16 covered shooting positions 8 of them are set up on the 500 yd side of the range and have backer boards for paper targets at 25 50 100 200 300 500 there is some steel at 400 and some backers could be added. the other 8 positions sit on the 1000 yd side of the range there are backer boards that match the 500 yd side and berms every 100 yds all the way to 1000, the farthest berm/ back wall of the range is at 1040. View attachment 7405937View attachment 7405938View attachment 7405939View attachment 7405940

As stated before there is covered shooting positions for each side of the range while there is space to shoot prone in between the benches most classes take advantage of the flat areas in front of the benches there is also a "prone/positional" area to the left of the benches, there is plenty of parking available at the range.View attachment 7406512View attachment 7406513View attachment 7406515View attachment 7406514View attachment 7406516View attachment 7406517View attachment 7406518

The range is open to members dawn to dusk monday thru saturday and after 1 pm on sundays. The range can be rented any day of the week except sunday.
there is primitive camping areas available and space to park several camper/rvs but no hookups. The clubhouse is about 400 yds down hill from the rifle range and is available to rent for the classroom time and to sleep in. There is indoor bathrooms at the clubhouse and an outhouse at the range. The clubhouse can easily handle any size class Frank wants to put on I think they had 30 kids plus parents at the last hunters ed class.
As far as steel goes there is some steel on the range and the club has 2 moa plates for every 100 yds but it is not up currently because we are still building the permanent stands. I can get access to around 30 pieces ranging from around 10" to full sized ipsic's if Frank has any special requests ie wind chime truing bar it should not be a problem to get as there are several local companies that make ar500 targets.
As for the schedule the first full week (monday-sunday) of each month is set aside for members the remaining weekends are divided between club events and rentals week days are normally open, the club events generally start mid march and end in October there isn't much scheduled for nov/dec because of hunting season but Jan-march is usually very open, the schedule is set at the end of December and listed at the beginning of the new year. because of the volume of events/rentals the club has not invited groups/persons to rent the range in the past as they come to us, so the process has been a group requests a date or series of dates and if it fits in the schedule then the rental contract will be sent out and a deposit asked for when the contract is returned signed by the insurance carrier with the deposit the date is reserved the remainder is due by mail before the date of the rental or in person at the beginning of the rental if that arrangement is made with the club.

I am sure I have missed something as it is getting perty late Please ask any questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.
thank you all for the interest in the club and @lowlight and @Enough Said for this opportunity.
Outstanding info dump, Matt, and wow...beautiful club. Just outstanding!! We have to make this work, mate. I wanna go! haha

• Love
Reactions: Enough Said
I have steel I could bring for the course. Ispc, rounds , squares, deer, coyote , groundhogs

If I can make my work / life schedule line up I would be interested in a class in the NH area.

Thunder valley in Ohio seems nice , and with a mile or more range there is plenty of room to shot , A mile sounds like a dream to me . Not sure I like the idea of New York and supporting their high tax anti 2 A state no offense meant to the people who live there , but I do love my freedom .

I thought about Thunder Valley also the problem with TVP, is the lack of classroom. I doubt Tom would want to use his house for that. But I could be wrong, I have been before.

Reactions: acudaowner
Since someone mentioned Sheepdog Warrior in NY, I'll chime in. Used to live about 30-40 minutes from there and have shot there probably a dozen times. They do have a long range shooting area and a bunch of steel targets from 100 to 1000 yards. Plus a covered firing line. I think there are probably 6-8 shooting benches, but that's my best memory and I could be off by a couple. Also another range set up for shorter range rifle and pistol. They do have a trailer set up that I suppose could be used as a classroom, but it wouldn't be ideal. Not sure what else would be available if you needed a classroom.

They are located outside of Catskill, NY, where the old Catskill Game Farm used to be - although I suspect only a handful of people who live in NY will know what that is/was. Range is probably a 2.5-3 hour drive from NYC/Long Island and would be within driving distance of PA, NJ, MA, RI, VT, NH, CT (assuming you were willing to drive 5+ hrs.).

They have been trying to open another range with shooting out to 1 mile, but have been getting a hard time from local politicians/neighbors. Not sure what the current status is.

Owner (Eddie) is a super nice guy and has been struggling to make a go of it. I know they offer their own long range shooting classes, so that might be an issue. But I think he would appreciate the additional revenue and getting the word our to shooters in the northeast that they are an option for long range shooting.

Since someone mentioned Sheepdog Warrior in NY, I'll chime in. Used to live about 30-40 minutes from there and have shot there probably a dozen times. They do have a long range shooting area and a bunch of steel targets from 100 to 1000 yards. Plus a covered firing line. I think there are probably 6-8 shooting benches, but that's my best memory and I could be off by a couple. Also another range set up for shorter range rifle and pistol. They do have a trailer set up that I suppose could be used as a classroom, but it wouldn't be ideal. Not sure what else would be available if you needed a classroom.

They are located outside of Catskill, NY, where the old Catskill Game Farm used to be - although I suspect only a handful of people who live in NY will know what that is/was. Range is probably a 2.5-3 hour drive from NYC/Long Island and would be within driving distance of PA, NJ, MA, RI, VT, NH, CT (assuming you were willing to drive 5+ hrs.).

They have been trying to open another range with shooting out to 1 mile, but have been getting a hard time from local politicians/neighbors. Not sure what the current status is.

Owner (Eddie) is a super nice guy and has been struggling to make a go of it. I know they offer their own long range shooting classes, so that might be an issue. But I think he would appreciate the additional revenue and getting the word our to shooters in the northeast that they are an option for long range shooting.
We had the Minuteman PRL finale there this year. It's seen quite a few improvements since you were last there I bet