• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Does this freebore look okay?

7mm

American Patriot
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2023
NV
Brand new 6mm arc faxon barrel
Borescoped it and the freebore area looks uneven. Also whats with the half circle imprint in the lands?

Additionally the gas vent hole is cut halfway in a groove...any thoughts on that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-091206_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217-091206_Video Player.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20231217-091137_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217-091137_Video Player.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20231217-091109_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217-091109_Video Player.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Photo_20231208203140.jpg
    Photo_20231208203140.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 94
Soooo, always first question. How does it shoot ?

Chamber looks off centre, however ive seen worse. As for gas hole, im not the person to comment on this.

Shooting report ? Also, if its a run and gun ipsc style gun, minute-of-cardboard at 50m it will be find.. long range varminting could be a whole different story.

Home-d ? Have bullets spray all over the target is a feature, not a defect ?

If it doesn't shoot straight then you have a very good tomato stake.

Soooo, always first question. How does it shoot ?

Chamber looks off centre, however ive seen worse. As for gas hole, im not the person to comment on this.

Shooting report ? Also, if its a run and gun ipsc style gun, minute-of-cardboard at 50m it will be find.. long range varminting could be a whole different story.

Home-d ? Have bullets spray all over the target is a feature, not a defect ?
Haven't shot it yet, waiting on a gas block and hand guard. Wondering if I should send it back to faxon for one that has a little better quality control first.

Haven't shot it yet, waiting on a gas block and hand guard. Wondering if I should send it back to faxon for one that has a little better quality control first.
What says the next will be better? What guarantee does Faxon provide? Like said above, how does it shoot? Until you have bullet holes in paper, you are worrying about nothing.

I would contact Faxon and ask them if that barrel meets their QC standards. If you do, I hope that you post their reply. If they say that it is acceptable, and you choose to use the barrel, I would follow their written break-in procedure exactly to preserve any "warranty" conditions. They have one of those fuzzy guarantees, "Bottom line, if at any time you feel a barrel is not up to expectations, the team here is ready, willing, and enthusiastic to earn your trust and satisfaction. ", which doesn't explicitly state that they will replace or refund a barrel that doesn't perform to anyone's expectations.

The gas manifold will often cut into a land - no one times barrels to sit it in a groove. However, it looks like a terrible job. Not trying to be rude but Faxon are not high-end barrels. If it shoots, great. If not, you get what you pay for.

The gas manifold will often cut into a land - no one times barrels to sit it in a groove. However, it looks like a terrible job. Not trying to be rude but Faxon are not high-end barrels. If it shoots, great. If not, you get what you pay for.
Actually some of the precision shops try to do just that. White Oak for their service rifle uppers list that as a reason why certain barrel twists are offered and others are not (Bartlein 4R vs 5R).

@oldrifleman

I didn't know WOA did that for certain twists. I own several of their barrels and every single one has the manifold cutting some part of a land.

All I know is Faxon sure as shit doesn't do it. They can't even cut the manifold properly!