• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Doing the 6creed thing finally...

mxer919

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
TX, SE.
Researching load data is making my melon to mush. I will be running 7.5tw Bart hvy varmint, defiance action.
Plan on using alpha brass and the 115dtacs.
I have seen some very solid load data, and are having these loaded for me by Sendero Ammo. My only question is powder...RL 16 sounds like the best for speed and barrel longevity, but have read several reports of carbon ring fouling in just a few rounds. Similar findings on RL 26.
H4350 is my current in the 6.5creed under 140ELDs. No complaints. However from my reading the charge needs to be higher than the RL 16 for the same or even a bit slower mv. Also mentioned was H4350s use accelerated barrel wear.
Personally, i consider barrels an expendable resource and do not mind replacing them when needed. But would still like to see as much life as possible.
Would prefer a speed between 2980 and 3050 with these dtacs.
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Looking for more info to add to what i have already found...
Thanks much yall.

I run r26 on three different 6 creed barrels and a 6.5 creed.,Just replaced a 6 creed barrel at approx 1700 rounds,I haven’t had issues with carbon rings.

I run r26 on three different 6 creed barrels and a 6.5 creed.,Just replaced a 6 creed barrel at approx 1700 rounds,I haven’t had issues with carbon rings.
Thanks much, appreciate the information.
Ive been using 4350 with my 6.5creed loads. Going to run some of the dtacs over the 4350 and compare to the ones with the RL16.
Really appreciate it, thanks...

Maybe try 100v or H1000 with the 115 to save some barrel life (at the cost of some velocity).

I get some awesome accuracy out of a 26” MHSA on my AI AX with 46gr H1000 and the 110smk. Velocities average 3070ish which is good enough out here on the east coast (most shots inside 1k at comps, and not much wind unless there’s a hurricane). When I move back west I’ll have to up the numbers lol.