• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dont Buy A Christensen Arms!!!

I'm sorry that happened to you but why didn't you inspect the rifle before you purchased it? Issues with floating are easy to check in the store.

Just recently purchased a Christian arms mesa long range and had similar issues the barrel was touching and 2 primers in the magazine box and covered in grime..

Unfortunately I was upset that they put out this kind of quality but I don’t have time to wait on them to get the problem fixed

Fixed all the issues that was wrong with it shoots sub-moa with handloads.

Attachments

• C19D298D-454F-4A61-A8C4-2C9298C2138A.jpeg
    C19D298D-454F-4A61-A8C4-2C9298C2138A.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 428
  • 1F887D3F-D2B3-4691-A11A-95D96BCF2ECF.jpeg
    1F887D3F-D2B3-4691-A11A-95D96BCF2ECF.jpeg
    841.4 KB · Views: 388
  • FA428AF3-B03B-4FEB-AC1F-819415283B1B.jpeg
    FA428AF3-B03B-4FEB-AC1F-819415283B1B.jpeg
    800.1 KB · Views: 410
Just recently purchased a Christian arms mesa long range and had similar issues the barrel was touching and 2 primers in the magazine box and covered in grime..

Unfortunately I was upset that they put out this kind of quality but I don’t have time to wait on them to get the problem fixed

Fixed all the issues that was wrong with it

Short of the barrel touching the stock I’m not seeing any issues... The “grime” would be some sort of CLP because who knows how long or where it would sit in the box. I did find the stock on my last CR to be a little underwhelming but it’s ok as I didn’t plan on using it anyway. Christensen should just stop making stocks and put HS stocks on everything they send out.

Reactions: Jakeweb09
I have drooled over various models of CA, but enough stories of accuracy issues have scared me away.

Not to hijack the thread but after experiences with my Savage American Classic in 7RM (bought 2 of them actually, 1 for a family member) which I picked up for $550 at a big C clearance shoots bugholes with my handloads I find it hard to drop $1800 on a questionable product. $550 + a $170 JP Comp brake + $450 Nikon Monarch 5-20 which I'd like to ugrade ...I'm disappointed if 4 shot groups exceed .5moa consistently with 168 VLDH, 145 LRX, 140 TTSX, 120 TTSX, and strangely enough 150 Federal Fusion factory loads which have yeilded 1.5" 5 shot groups at 400 in varying breezes.

Dang, those CAs are sexy though. I guess like with other sexy things, they can give you heartache and fits.

Reactions: Grouper
Hi all, just wanted to give my two cents on this thread.
I bought a ridgeline in 6.5cm, which shot excellently from day 1. I have since dropped it into a PSE composites e-tac stock and it’s regularly shot out to 1200 yards and has even gone out to 1600 on occasion - and it performs superbly.
The quality of the rifle is also excellent, it cleans up well and I haven’t had any reliability issues - I’ve used it in the highlands of Scotland on multi-day deer stalking trips in apocalyptic weather too and zero issues. The accuracy it has is as good as my custom target rifles (well sub 1 MOA) which cost upwards of $9-10k. I’ll be ordering a new one in 6.5 PRC to take over at the end of the summer.
I don’t have any relationship with the manufacturer and no axe to grind besides having had a really excellent experience with the rifle and wanted to make sure that was on here. Thanks!

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I am (or after reading this thread, was) in the market for a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor. What is a better option for the intended application and price?

There's plenty of lightweight hunting rifles out there. But If you're set on a carbon-wrapped barrel you're not going to compete with the Ridgeline for the price. They're common enough and most of the big retailers stock them, and it'd be easy enough to lay hands on one before buying it to confirm that it was bedded correctly. I've got one in 7RM and it shoots fantastic.

or proof shouldered prefit and get a mcmillan

The bighorn/proof prefit is suggested pretty much every time the CA's are brought up on here but every post seems to gloss over the fact that it's almost double the cost of a new CA. It comes out to just over $3k in parts alone, where the Ridgelines's are $1800 and, for the most part, shoot great right out of the box. Not to mention, for newer shooters that aren't fully up to speed yet, a DIY Custom gun is probably going to involve a gunsmith doing the work for safety's sake alone. Which is more cost and more time.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I know about the resale implications and all of that, I'm just saying that a full custom build is not always the answer.

The bighorn/proof prefit is suggested pretty much every time the CA's are brought up on here but every post seems to gloss over the fact that it's almost double the cost of a new CA. It comes out to just over $3k in parts alone, where the Ridgelines's are $1800 and, for the most part, shoot great right out of the box. Not to mention, for newer shooters that aren't fully up to speed yet, a DIY Custom gun is probably going to involve a gunsmith doing the work for safety's sake alone. Which is more cost and more time.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I know about the resale implications and all of that, I'm just saying that a full custom build is not always the answer.

Retail for the Ridgeline according to their website is right about $2k.

I think I could build an Origin with a proof prefit carbon barrel and similar specs for about $2600-$2700 based on full retail prices.

So, not double the price, but I agree with you a lot guys just want grab a rifle off the shelf, mount a scope and go. And most of those guys probably aren't equipped to assemble a rifle or have the tools so that's an added cost.

Wasn't trying to nit-pick, but an Origin build with a Carbon barrel isn't a huge stretch.

I have a Christensen MPR in 6.5 PRC and it shoots anywhere from a .33 to a .8 group all day long with Hornady factory ammo.

Have a left hand Mesa and it had a feeding issue. First guy I spoke with said it was the mag spring and it would break in, but I could send it in. Tried to break it in, but it didn’t improve feeding. Called back a month later. They issued an RMA, prepaid shipping and I had it back in 3 weeks with the feeding issue fixed. Was pretty happy with the CS.

I bought a new CA 5five6 in November 2020. About 400 rounds into the AR and it exploded. Basically ruined the gun by cracking the receivers and shattering the bolt. The explosion flattened about 6 rounds in the magazine as it fell out the bottom of the gun. I had bought it for a Javelina hunt in February. I ended up seeing a trophy animal on a hill about 80-90 yards away. However, I had to try and sneak up on it with a pistol since that’s all I had. I ended up not being able to hit it as the wind changed and I couldn’t make it out within a bush. It’s too bad, because I loved the gun when I first saw it. Nothing but regrets now.

Pretty much these days if it's a new company, it behooves one to call first with a made up CS issue just to see how they'll handle it. THEN make your decision.

I bought a new CA 5five6 in November 2020. About 400 rounds into the AR and it exploded. Basically ruined the gun by cracking the receivers and shattering the bolt. The explosion flattened about 6 rounds in the magazine as it fell out the bottom of the gun. I had bought it for a Javelina hunt in February. I ended up seeing a trophy animal on a hill about 80-90 yards away. However, I had to try and sneak up on it with a pistol since that’s all I had. I ended up not being able to hit it as the wind changed and I couldn’t make it out within a bush. It’s too bad, because I loved the gun when I first saw it. Nothing but regrets now.

Huh, mine never do that, maybe I need to start mfg. shit.

I have a Christensen Arms MPR in 6.5 PRC, exceptionally well made, tack driver and handles hot loads. Did you blow it up with a handload?

Reactions: Edward1
Pretty much these days if it's a new company, it behooves one to call first with a made up CS issue just to see how they'll handle it. THEN make your decision.

Huh, mine never do that, maybe I need to start mfg. shit.
Their customer service is good though. They are telling me it will be repaired

I have a Christensen Arms MPR in 6.5 PRC, exceptionally well made, tack driver and handles hot loads. Did you blow it up with a handload?
No. It was factory ammo. If they send it back repaired, I will most likely sell it and buy a different brand.

Mine as well. Shady story about the AR but whatever. Also, their CS was excellent as I’ve noted before. Fast and easy. They paid for shipping both ways.